Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Words out of my mouth Powell....I was about to post the exact same thing....we are simple done at premier league level.

We hardly have any injuries, we do actually have some good players out there but all season they haven't had a clue how to score goals and the change of manager simply looks cosmetic.

6 wins....we probably won't even score 6 goals in this run in.

It won't need anything like 6 wins. Sherwood said it would but even he knows it won't take that. Four wins will see us safe. For as bad as we have been, and we have been absolutely diabolical for much of the season, we have three sides still to play who have been just as bad as us in Burnley, QPR  and Sunderland. We also still have WBA who despite recent improvements are not for me a better side than us. In addition at home we have very much hit and miss sides in Everton and West Ham and also Swansea to play.

There are still plenty of winnable games left. On the form we have showed throughout this season you'd think we have absolutely no chance of staying up. However we are still with in 4 points of the three sides above us. The advantage over them that we have is that for me they are performing to their max and doing as well as you would expect where as we have been well below what we are capable of.

There is no guarantee we will improve. Far from it. There is more chance of a good team that is playing poorly improving and getting results though than a poor team playing to its max already picking up some form.

I can't tell any supporter what to do and wouldn't even try. While there is still a chance we can survive though then please don't throw the towel in. For now get yourself down to Villa Park, sing your hearts out or at the very least be a positive supportive presence. We can do this and we the fans can play a big part in us doing so.

• Like 3

I just want to see us winning again and start enjoying it to be honest, regardless of division now.

Past couple seasons have been nothing short of dreadful. Really sick of it.

Even if we survive this season it will be the same again next season and the season after that. Just tired of doing this every season.

• Like 3

By the end of it our points and goals will see us as one of the worst teams in the history of the league.

The previous three worst seasons were Derby and Sunderland twice, I think we already have more points than they managed in those three seasons.

Goalscoring yeah we could easily beat the worst record which should mean relegation in itself.

Be at peace with the fact we will no longer play in the Premier League. This club has brought misery to all of us for most of our lives. Like a drug habit, just kick it.

I'm sick of this club. How can I get rid of this? I'm hoping relegation is the end. I hope if we go down. We never ever come back. I want this club dead and gone. Just be gone from my life.

• Like 2

Words out of my mouth Powell....I was about to post the exact same thing....we are simple done at premier league level.

We hardly have any injuries, we do actually have some good players out there but all season they haven't had a clue how to score goals and the change of manager simply looks cosmetic.

6 wins....we probably won't even score 6 goals in this run in.

It won't need anything like 6 wins. Sherwood said it would but even he knows it won't take that. Four wins will see us safe. For as bad as we have been, and we have been absolutely diabolical for much of the season, we have three sides still to play who have been just as bad as us in Burnley, QPR  and Sunderland. We also still have WBA who despite recent improvements are not for me a better side than us. In addition at home we have very much hit and miss sides in Everton and West Ham and also Swansea to play.

There are still plenty of winnable games left. On the form we have showed throughout this season you'd think we have absolutely no chance of staying up. However we are still with in 4 points of the three sides above us. The advantage over them that we have is that for me they are performing to their max and doing as well as you would expect where as we have been well below what we are capable of.

There is no guarantee we will improve. Far from it. There is more chance of a good team that is playing poorly improving and getting results though than a poor team playing to its max already picking up some form.

I can't tell any supporter what to do and wouldn't even try. While there is still a chance we can survive though then please don't throw the towel in. For now get yourself down to Villa Park, sing your hearts out or at the very least be a positive supportive presence. We can do this and we the fans can play a big part in us doing so.

West Brom will come to Villa Park for a draw....and I think they will claim a draw.

Sunderland....well if we don't win that there is no hope.

Swansea....helped us today. Have a tight defence and can score goals on the break. Pointing to a draw to me.

QPR....given this game will be either side of two away games in Manchester I can't see us being in a good positon at all, could well be still in the bottom 3 with QPR a few points ahead of us. You'd love to think with it being a Monday night we could get similar to the Sunderland game but I don't see it, QPR could well nick a point in that one.

Everton....don't see us winning that either, Martinez has our number at Villa Park. Might help if they're still in the europa league and we maybe might play them inbetween games?

West Ham...Actually a good chance of win believe it or not as judging by their performance today v Palace they're on the beach. That's one I'll be targeting to win but it could be too late by then.

Burnley....Feck knows what the situation will be then...just hope we're still in touch. The worst would be being a point behind QPR going into the last day as I fully expect them to win at Leicester who'll already be down by then imo.

So yeah all those winnable games I see more ending in 1-1s or narrow defeats. We've just played two mid table teams, Stoke who were missing half their first 11 and Newcastle who don't have that much better squad than us yet are 13 points clear.

We've lost both so really I don't even see 4 wins in this run in I'm afraid.

Problem is the non-scoring , non-winning mentality is so deeply embedded into us even if we do win a game in the near future when the next games comes along and we're struggling we'll revert back to this embedded mentality. I can't even remember the games we've won this season apart from Liverpool away which feels like years ago.

I'm not so sure if there are any winnable games for us any more. We've not won since December 7th with WBA, Sunderland, Palace, Hull, Stoke and Newcastle in that run. In fact, we picked up 2 points and scored one goal in that lot.

I only see one outcome of this season.

Be at peace with the fact we will no longer play in the Premier League. This club has brought misery to all of us for most of our lives. Like a drug habit, just kick it.

I'm sick of this club. How can I get rid of this? I'm hoping relegation is the end. I hope if we go down. We never ever come back. I want this club dead and gone. Just be gone from my life.

Give your head a wobble will you.

Up The **** Villa.

• Like 1

"The once-crumbling Holte Hotel, as much a symbol of Randy Lerner's Villa as the decay and dereliction of the place in the last days of the previous regime."

Stephen Pennell, author of "Star Spangled Villians"

Christ, if when Deadly left Villa was a crumbling hotel then it will have to be compared to a strip club in Baghdad when Randy leaves.   

Today wasn't actually such a bad day on the relegation front. Thanks very much to Swansea, man U and Stoke for depriving our closest rivals of any points, so it's as you were with one less game to play.

Now we just need Timmy to get our boys to learn how to score goals again and we're still in with a chance.

• Like 3

Today wasn't actually such a bad day on the relegation front. Thanks very much to Swansea, man U and Stoke for depriving our closest rivals of any points, so it's as you were with one less game to play.

Now we just need Timmy to get our boys to learn how to score goals again and we're still in with a chance.

QPR didn't play today.

If they string a win and few draws together which isn't that impossible given they won at Sunderland recently....we'll start to get cut adrift. 

Think they play their spare game at home to Spurs next Saturday.