Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

That table of results since Christmas gives hope. We have to play the 5 worst teams (other than us) in that table and have 6 games against teams in the bottom 10, which is a good group of games to play if scrapping for survival.

• Like 1

• Aston Villa have lost seven league matches in a row - their worst run for 52 years since a club record 11 successive defeats in 1963.
  • They have gone 12 league games without a win (D3, L9) - one shy of their top-flight club record of 13. They have only scored three goals in that time.
  • Villa remain the only club in the top four divisions to win a league game in 2015.
  • Their only win in the last 11 league games at Villa Park came against Leicester three months ago (W1, D4, L6)
  • The Villans have attempted the fewest shots on target in the Premier League this season (72) and have the lowest conversion rate (6.6%).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31598202

Depressing.

The baggies game will either be a draw or a 1-0 win to them. They will just shut up shop if they get a goal and you just know that we will be queuing up to give them a goal.

I'd advise any Villa fans with stress-related illness not to go to the next two games as, win or lose, it won't be good for your health.

I don't know why but I have this strange feeling that if Villa are to start turning things around, it won't be until the Spurs game. I really could see us only taking 1 or 2 points from the next 4 league games and then get 4 from the Spurs and QPR games, which would probably leave us needing 6 points from the last 5 fixtures, which is doable when you consider that we will play West Ham, Everton and Burnley at home.  

• Aston Villa have lost seven league matches in a row - their worst run for 52 years since a club record 11 successive defeats in 1963.
  • They have gone 12 league games without a win (D3, L9) - one shy of their top-flight club record of 13. They have only scored three goals in that time.
  • Villa remain the only club in the top four divisions to win a league game in 2015.
  • Their only win in the last 11 league games at Villa Park came against Leicester three months ago (W1, D4, L6)
  • The Villans have attempted the fewest shots on target in the Premier League this season (72) and have the lowest conversion rate (6.6%).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31598202

Depressing.

A single Villa forward with an accurate foot would defeat this monster of incompetence.

Maybe I woke up in an optimistic mood today, but looking at the table we are in a pickle but it's not all bad. We're only in the bottom three on goal difference which considering we've only scored 13 goals all season isn't bad going, I mean those around us have scored 12+ more goals than us this season and are still in trouble. Yes we have lost 7 games in a row and not won a game in 12, but we have a pretty nice run of games coming up and fortunes are sure to change in at least a few of them. So yeah we're in a tricky situation, but I think we may just do it. 

• Like 1

The thing that keeps me going is that we are SO shit at the moment, and we've been so shit for so long, yet we're still only in there on goal difference.

Any sort of improvement for a few games should be enough to see us over the line.

But our "easier" fixtures are fast running out. To come away from Hull, Stoke and Newcastle with absolutely nothing is horrendous.

• Like 1

The last three games have been huge opportunities to drag ourselves away form the bottom 3.

And, again, if we lose tomorrow it's entirely feasible that we'll remain in the exact same position after the fixtures have been played (QPR have Arsenal, Burnley have Liverpool and Leicester have Man City)

We need to be taking advantage of this.

I think he looked it on Saturday, first half especially.

It's the first game for god knows how long that I've thought like he actually wanted to be playing football.

One day we will win a must win game. Hopefully tomorrow.

We really need Benteke to turn up, but I just don't think he's fit enough at the minute.

I dont think he gives a flying **** personally, strikes me as a man that in no way wants to be here and I doubt he will be.