Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

It will be more of the same from the last few seasons probably, flirt with it, be utterly dire but scrape by and it will be seen as successful by those at the top who are brazen enough to talk of Europe to try and delude everyone into thinking that's the aim.

Swansea away boxing day will be difficult, but after that we have 4 games that could make or break our season.

Sunderland

Palace

Blackpool (cup)

Leicester

6 points from those 3 league games and I'll start to feel a little more comfortable.

We won't be relegated. We are too good it's as simple as that. This is a very decent squad of players and the best we have had in the last 3-4 years. The real pity is that instead of building on it we will lose 2 or 3 of the best players over the summer.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

We won't be relegated. We are too good it's as simple as that. This is a very decent squad of players and the best we have had in the last 3-4 years. The real pity is that instead of building on it we will lose 2 or 3 of the best players over the summer.

It will be disappointing IF that turns out to be the case; I suppose a big positive is that we will have much more room to maneuver in the transfer market if that does occur. 

It will be disappointing IF that turns out to be the case; I suppose a big positive is that we will have much more room to maneuver in the transfer market if that does occur.

We will have some but then 2 of those players will leave for nothing.

We will have some but then 2 of those players will leave for nothing.

At the moment nothing is certain, but I am thinking in terms of the wage bill being reduced with also Bent and N'Zogbia (likely) to leave too. However, we deserve a huge fee for Delph after everything that has happened.

5 more wins needed really, would take us to 35 and given how low scoring and generally tight defensively we're obviously going to draw a few more games this season.

Think the safety barrier would be 38 this season.

Hopefully for once we can get around that figure in March/April so no relegation worries and we can play with a bit of freedom in the final few weeks and maybe end a season positively and close to 50 points.

One can dream these days.

• Like 2

I don't think we are to good - a couple teams at the bottom have imploded which hasn't happened for a a few seasons - were not the defensive shambles we once were ......but clean sheets are rare, as are games where we score more than one goal - much work to do before we can consider ourselves a mid table team.

going forward the departures you suggest are a big concern....

We're assembling a pretty good solid team now. Nice bit of momentum and a manager who isn't a narcissist egomaniac, which is nice.

It'll be a real shame when we lose Delph, Okore, Vlaar and Benteke at the end of the season.

I just really hope we start bidding wars and get some serious walla. 

We're assembling a pretty good solid team now. Nice bit of momentum and a manager who isn't a narcissist egomaniac, which is nice.

It'll be a real shame when we lose Delph, Okore, Vlaar and Benteke at the end of the season.

I just really hope we start bidding wars and get some serious walla.

I don't think we'll lose okore but the other 3 are nailed on.

Its really annoying that after so long of watching shit we may be improving, only to have to start again in the summer.

Is it possible to be stronger next year? I'd say probably not.

If we can get a decent striker, winger and attacking mid with benteke money and transfer funds in the summer we may be. Big ask though.

Edited by DCJonah

Can't you hear the vultures circling? If we notice these players, you can be damn sure scouts for other clubs will be too.

Yeah of course, but I'll worry about that when/if it happens. They tried once before with Benteke, he ended up signing a new deal and has recently said he is happy to be here. I'll look up instead of constantly dragging my optimism back down.