Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

There are several poor teams this year, Us, WBA, Hull, Lesta, QRP, Burnley, Palace, plus Sunderland and Stoke, however I think the latter two wont be near relegation come end of April.

Thats 9 poor teams in "the world best league".

I think we have enough to stay up, but it wont be pretty viewing.

QPR: 64.2% vv

Leicester: 58.9% v

Hull: 48.3%

Villa: 44.9% ^

Burnley: 34.8% ^^^

Stoke: 20.2% v

Palace: 12.5% v

WBA: 9.5% ^

Sunderland: 2.9%

Newcastle: 2.1%

Liverpool: 1.5%

Spurs: 0.2%

Burnley: 61.7%

Villa: 59.5% v

Leicester: 48.5% vv

Hull: 48.1% v

QPR: 40.6% ^^^

WBA: 15.3%

Stoke: 12.4% v

Palace: 7.1%

Sunderland: 4.4% ^

Liverpool: 1.7%

Newcastle: 0.7%

I think it would take something for us to finish below any three from Leicester,  Burnley,  Palace and Albion to be honest quite apart from QPR,  Sunderland and Hull.  Not saying we are safe just saying I think there are more likely teams than us to go down!

QPR: 64.2% vv

Leicester: 58.9% v

Hull: 48.3%

Villa: 44.9% ^

Burnley: 34.8% ^^^

Stoke: 20.2% v

Palace: 12.5% v

WBA: 9.5% ^

Sunderland: 2.9%

Newcastle: 2.1%

Liverpool: 1.5%

Spurs: 0.2%

WE'RE SAFE!

nasa-celebration.gif

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

We look the second or third worst team, from what I've seen. I think we're certs to go down.

I agree with the first part but we have a top keeper and a world class striker. I think they make a huge difference compares to teams around us.

Edited by DCJonah

we've scored 8 (eight) goals in 14 games. yes benteke has been missing for most of the games, but any team so reliant on one player is already in deep trouble.

I do agree. I said in another thread we're currently on course to score 21 goals. I can't imagine any team has stayed up with that amount.

But I think we might have enough.

I really don't think the benchmark for safety will be 40 points, I think it will be a bit less this year.

When was the last time 40 points wasn't enough to keep you up, west ham in 2002/03 with 42? 38 seems to be the target now to stay up.

We'll be fine. The run of fixtures against the top teams have distorted the stats so I expect us to be around mid table come May.

Agreed.

This is how i see it, its stupid not to look at who we have played and not factor this is in when assessing our season so far. 4 points from the next 2 games should give the players the breathing space they need to start stringing together some better performances. UTV

• Like 1

we've scored 8 (eight) goals in 14 games. yes benteke has been missing for most of the games, but any team so reliant on one player is already in deep trouble.

I do agree. I said in another thread we're currently on course to score 21 goals. I can't imagine any team has stayed up with that amount.

But I think we might have enough.

This may well change as we score more goals in the next few games. All these stats are warped by the horror run of playing last seasons top 6 on the bounce. It's like taking any lower end of the table team's record against the top 6 as their last 6 games, or including them in the recent form as a block if you know what I mean. There would not be many sides who have nice looking stats in that situation.

The QPR result was poor straight after that and then we should have got something out of the spurs game, which adds to the stats misery I spose. Thinking our whole season will be like those games is stretching it a bit.

Of course you might be right and we continue our form against the top 6 against everyone else, score only a goal every other game and go down...