Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

21 years ago this week (November 1993) we lost 2-0 to Southampton (Matt Le Tissier with both) with our lowest Premier League attendance at around 15,500 at a very cold Villa Park pitch (groundsmen had to remove snow before game), was an awful game.

Just hope history doesn't repeat itself tonight with the scoreline and very low attendance (doubt it will be anything like 15,500 though)

How did we get an attendance that low when we had been runners up just a few months before!?

Was very cold mate and snow was deep, they spent hours shovelling it off the pitch and lot of the roads around Aston was blocked.

Maybe a lot of people didn't want the hassle.. But was lowest league attendance i can remember for us since Premiership was formed.

QPR: 74.5% vvv

Burnley: 64.5% ^

Villa: 54.0%

Hull: 37.8% v

Leicester: 25.5% ^

WBA: 14.6% v

Sunderland: 10.5%

Palace: 7.1% ^^

Liverpool: 6.0%

Stoke: 3.2%

Spurs: 1.3%

Newcastle: 0.8% ^

West Ham: 0.2%

Burnley: 72.6%

Villa: 55.8%

QPR: 46.1%

Leicester: 35.7%

Palace: 30.8%

Hull: 26.3%

WBA: 8.2%

Newcastle: 7.2%

Sunderland: 6.5%

Liverpool: 3.8%

Stoke: 3.3%

Spurs: 1.9%

Everton: 1.1%

West Ham: 0.3%

Man Utd: 0.3%

Arsenal: 0.1%

I think the next four games define our season. Get 6-9 points and mid table obscurity beckons. Less than say 4 points and its a full blown crisis and I think we can start thinking very seriously about a relation dogfight. The key to saving ourselves will be, of course, whether own esteemed owner and our CEO have the balls to rid of our clown of a manager before its too late.

Sadly judging by the way we are playing I think it will be the latter. Bottom line IMHO is if we keep Lambert we go down, it's that simple.

Sadly judging by the way we are playing I think it will be the latter. Bottom line IMHO is if we keep Lambert we go down, it's that simple.

It's not that simple at all. I don't think it's out of the possibility that we'll stay up with Lambert (again) but it's far from impossible that he'll take us down. Likewise, a new manager certainly wouldn't guarantee safety either.

It's not that simple at all. I don't think it's out of the possibility that we'll stay up with Lambert (again) but it's far from impossible that he'll take us down. Likewise, a new manager certainly wouldn't guarantee safety either.

In fact, if we take the past as a guide, it has shown that even when it looks likely we will drop, we don't as we haven't.

I am not happy with the manager, but he does have one thing, and that's keeping us in the league on a limited budget.

21 years ago this week (November 1993) we lost 2-0 to Southampton (Matt Le Tissier with both) with our lowest Premier League attendance at around 15,500 at a very cold Villa Park pitch (groundsmen had to remove snow before game), was an awful game.

Just hope history doesn't repeat itself tonight with the scoreline and very low attendance (doubt it will be anything like 15,500 though)

How did we get an attendance that low when we had been runners up just a few months before!?

Was very cold mate and snow was deep, they spent hours shovelling it off the pitch and lot of the roads around Aston was blocked.

Maybe a lot of people didn't want the hassle.. But was lowest league attendance i can remember for us since Premiership was formed.

I remember that game, friend of mine used to sit on very edge of Holte on the row where side of the stand ended. Wind used to howl round the corner straight into his face.

I went to meet him at half time and he was blue, he had to go home at half time because he was so cold only time he ever did that.

Remember thinking at the time it was one of the most unenjoyable games I'd ever seen. But as the years roll by it doesn seem so bad, pretty much par for the course these days.

I know we're used to shitting ourselves at the bottom of the table but I think we'll be well away from the drop in a couple of months. I think we've got a stronger squad this time round, the last ime we had an injury crisis like this we got done 8-0 at Chelsea, we hae 3 injuries at Centre back and the pair out today didn't look too shabby apart from the one time Okore wandered being caught out with the pen.

We'll score more with Benteke fit.

• Like 1