Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I think of the teams currently beneath us only Sunderland can go above us with a win this "game week", and they've got City...

They have won that fixture 1-0 the last four seasons though . . . 

On topic, the next game is huge. If we lose, it tightens the whole bottom half of the table again. If we win, we move into mid-table safety for a few weeks. 

The one good thing that's happened recently, is we've started to become tough to beat again. We're still not a very good side, but we've picked up an ok wedge of points with out 3 best players out for most of the season. Hopefully Vlaar and Delph aren't to far away, because the league is so shit this year, we might finish comfortabley midtable with the worst villa team I've ever seen.

Can we close this thread now?

Nope and not sure we will ever be able to to be honest as any team in the bottom 12 I'd say are always fearful of it and are fighting against it at some point during the season just depends upon how long you are fighting for.  8-12 fighting until January / February.  13 -15 Fighting until April 15-20 fighting until May.

Next few results may mean we reduce the length of time we are fighting but not the fact that we are fighting

What I am looking forward to now is the percentages from levi

• Like 2

A big relief that we got the three points last night. As mentioned above we need to build on that and pick up a run of victories now. If that happens then I will start to feel a bit more positive about our situation. If we can get a few victories under our belt, then maybe with growing confidence we will start to see a better standard of football and in turn more goals. As Richard says, we will not be truely out of the scrap for a long time yet though. We have seen previously that we can go on terrible runs of form, and a few injuries will set us right back again.

Thank the baby jesus we ended that winless run last night. 5 points above the drop zone and bottom of the table leicester up next who havnt won for 6 games.

If I was supporting a team that hadn't won in 6 games (as if that would happen, right?) then I know exactly who I'd want to be playing next.  In fact, Ulloa hasn't scored in ages, has he? Think I know who to put my bet on first goalscorer then.

• Like 1

Close the thread, absolutely not.

It is nice to see that a scraped 1-0 win against Crystal Palace has the champagne corks popping and suddenly there is talk of Champions Lge etc.

Let's keep our feet grounded in the respect that we are only 1 loss away again from the executioners lurking and 1 injury to Benteke to put us back to what we have witnessed through November.

It is going to take a lot more than a 1-0 win over a poor Palace to warrant any ease on the change of manager critics.

Which people Lexicon? The change of manager camp or the champions league camp?

I am not saying that whatsoever KJT123. Just stating that 'Our battered car has just had a result and passed its first MOT in 10 attempts, don't mean it can be trusted to take us on a long journey yet with all the doubt that still hangs over it'.. on the same note, never say never.