Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Whose boasting? I'm not - I'm just responding to the constant referal to the fact we are only 5 points of the bottom three and I counter with we are the same and just slightly more off a top 8-10th spot - whats wrong in that - that to me is being positive and not on a constant downer - not proclaiming it's something to shout about but just as those who are constantly moaning that we are relegation fodder - I am trying to use the other side of the coin.

Not lauding and celebrating just putting a different point of view across!

The constant referral that we are 5 points off relegation places? ...Okay well it was me who last mentioned that, and I only said that, in response to someone who posted that 'we will be in no danger of getting relegated'.

Is there something wrong with me stating a fact, in response to quite a bold claim, Naz?

Also, my post, which mentioned the '5 points off relegation', also said 'I personally think Lambert will get us scoring', so it wasn't all doom and gloom like you seem to be making out.

Any reason for a rant though, ay Naz.

Whose boasting? I'm not - I'm just responding to the constant referal to the fact we are only 5 points of the bottom three and I counter with we are the same and just slightly more off a top 8-10th spot - whats wrong in that - that to me is being positive and not on a constant downer - not proclaiming it's something to shout about but just as those who are constantly moaning that we are relegation fodder - I am trying to use the other side of the coin.

Not lauding and celebrating just putting a different point of view across!

The constant referral that we are 5 points off relegation places? ...Okay well it was me who last mentioned that, and I only said that, in response to someone who posted that 'we will be in no danger of getting relegated'.

Is there something wrong with me stating a fact, in response to quite a bold claim, Naz?

Also, my post, which mentioned the '5 points off relegation', also said 'I personally think Lambert will get us scoring', so it wasn't all doom and gloom like you seem to be making out.

Any reason for a rant though, ay Naz.

Wasn't aimed at you personally mate - it's not just you who has mentioned this 5 points if relegation - it's in other threads and other posters. All my point was that if you (not you personally) "you" as in general keep using the fact that we are 5 points off relegation then surely looking at the whole picture you should also reason that we are also 5 points (or just a little more) off a safety position - to balance things up - and I agree with the rest of your post - about getting us scoring. 

And yes we are 5 points from BOTH ends - could go either way - we could **** up completely and implode - or we could gain enough points to be nearer the safety zone that the relegation.

Again was not meant as a rant or at you personally - just a generalisation really - maybe should have made that clear - apologies if it seemed I was having a go at you personally - I'm not that kind of person (unless you are Doug Ellis!!)  ;)

• Like 1

I just think that just like most other seasons, the people in the current positions bar one or two teams (Everton) will only pick up points in the same fashion they've been picking up points up until now.

The likely hood is that whatever points per game teams have currently achieving now, will probably be very similar at the end of the season, bar a complete falling out with the team (manager wise), or some other very unlikely scenario. 

Barring a very good transfer window from the clubs below us, I can't see much difference in the quality of those teams to suddenly become very good.

Last season we could have survived on 34 points meaning we only need 12 from the rest of the games. 

We might be looking over our shoulder a little, as all teams that finish in the bottom half do, but we're really, really unlikely to go down this year. 

Only 7 points off a top 9 spot? 'lol' as I think the kids say these days.

Have a look at the league table - we have 22 points - the team in 9th I believe has 29 - so the difference is 7 or is my maths incorrect? Swansea and Liverpool are on 29 we are on 22 - is that not seven?

As others have pointed, the post seem to have flown completely over your head.  In our current position, I would grudgingly accept being in actual 9th place as being reasonable progress, all things considered.  Being 7 points (and in reality, it's 8 due to a hugely inferior goal difference) behind 9th is absolutely nothing to be anything other than ashamed about.  The reason people are looking towards the bottom rather than the top, is that Lambert has spent the last 2 and a bit years serving up terrible football and results and a whole host of "worst ofs".  If the football was a lot better, there'd be room for optimism, but it's not, it's dire.  With the run of games coming up, it's not going to get better any time soon either.

• Like 1

And just to add, I don't think we'll go down, but will be substantially closer to the bottom than we are the top.  For the first time in ages I'd actually predict that all three promoted clubs will go straight back down, but it's been another dire season of poor football, poor results and relying on there being teams even worse than we are.

We won't go down. Squad is too good (my personal thoughts).

yeah they seem to take control towards of the season to save the manager's blushes

So either way lambert can't win?

Team are shit, squad is good lambert is shit.

Team start winning, squad are good and saving the manager's blushes.

am I reading that correctly?

• Like 2

And just to add, I don't think we'll go down, but will be substantially closer to the bottom than we are the top.

Just like last season. And the one before that and the one before that as well.

It will catch us out in the end

Edited by Jimzk5

And just to add, I don't think we'll go down, but will be substantially closer to the bottom than we are the top.

It won't. 

It won't. 

Maybe not this season, but shit teams with shit managers always end up going down.

• Like 1

I just think that just like most other seasons, the people in the current positions bar one or two teams (Everton) will only pick up points in the same fashion they've been picking up points up until now.

The likely hood is that whatever points per game teams have currently achieving now, will probably be very similar at the end of the season, bar a complete falling out with the team (manager wise), or some other very unlikely scenario. 

Barring a very good transfer window from the clubs below us, I can't see much difference in the quality of those teams to suddenly become very good.

Last season we could have survived on 34 points meaning we only need 12 from the rest of the games. 

We might be looking over our shoulder a little, as all teams that finish in the bottom half do, but we're really, really unlikely to go down this year. 

A couple of them have got new managers who probably joined because of promises of cash for the transfer market. So there's a risk that Palace and Olbyon will make a bit of progress in the second half of the season.

So that's us possibly a couple of places lower, unless of course our manager has a promise of loads of dosh in the window and he could suddenly become a better manager. And that really, really  won't happen.

• Like 1

................... we are only 5 points off relegation places but they also fail to mention we are the same number of points off a top ten spot and only two more than that off a top 8/9 spot...................

OK

Check this

7 pts behind L'pool - but - 5pts off Relegation place.

at our current 1.something a game Liverpool would have to lose 7 GAMES ON THE TROT for us to be level with them.

WBA (new manager), Palace (new manager) &/or Burnley would only need to win 3 games on the trot (or at some point in a run without losing) to OVERTAKE US

Taking into account our next games Leicester (0-1-3pts) Arse Chelski & 'pool (0-4pts).

0 pts from 12 = LAMBERT OUT!!!!

More likely 1 point from 12 = LAMBERT OUT!!!!

possibly 3pts from 12 = LAMBERT OUT!!!!

great would be 4 pts from 12

unlikely 6 pts from 12

4 from 12 would be 1 pt per game average

WBA, Palace AND Burnley could all end up above us if we get any less than 3 pts

12 from 12 I'll give Lambert my B****cks on a silver plate

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we occupy a relegation place and "Sacrifice" the Bournemouth FACup tie to "concentrate on the league" then................

LAMBERT (well & truly) OUT

Edited by Grasshopper

Lose to Leicester and we will be half way there already floating in the bottom third. 12th.............Whatever!

An just a reminder so you don't think i was just on a wind up. I mentioned there are a few that will support Lambert no matter what, an hardy anyone believed me they actually exist. Well be proved wrong, cause there are 1 or 2 floating on this thread today. No names..................

Edited by foreveryoung