Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Losing Vlaar, Delph and Benteke in one summer would be a massive hammerblow. 

The first two look near certainties and a player of Benteke's quality will always be close to leaving unless the team shows massive improvement. Maybe from his comments today he could stay one more season after this and leave for mega bucks after euro 2016, we'll see.

Some of you are just incapable of being optimistic aren't you. We start playing relatively well and you start selling off all of our players!

There's no point deluding yourself. Top players leave this club. It's happened for years and years. We know vlaar and delph are going and its very likely benteke will join them.

Them leaving is far more likely than them all staying and us building on it. I hope tom fox isn't ignoring facts to be optimistic. I hope we're already looking at what we can do in the summer to replace them.

There's been nothing at all to suggest benteke will be off in summer. Unlessbhe bags 15 in the second half of the season I can't even imagine too much interest tbh.

WE know he's great, but he still represents a potential risk to others. He's only back from a very serious injury and his temperament is in question. I would expect the elite clubs will want to see another year of him at us tbh, and non elite clubs can't afford him

• Like 1

I really hope that's the case. Unfortunately I think you're way off. I think he's currently the most complete striker in football. Nobody else can do what he does. I think he'll be hot property in the summer and he'll go to a top club.

I'm hoping for some sort of muscle tear that will keep him out for about 10 weeks starting in the middle of May.

Not bad enough to effect his career physically, but bad enough to out off other clubs :)

• Like 1

I think an injury was the only reason he's here this year. If we know how good he is do you not think scouts and managers will be aware?

There's a slight chance we'll keep him but I'd be surprised.

They'll be aware how potentially good he can be, but I think they'll still want to see another full season from him. He's only had one, and come the end of this season he'll STILL only have had one

There's been nothing at all to suggest benteke will be off in summer. Unlessbhe bags 15 in the second half of the season I can't even imagine too much interest tbh.

WE know he's great, but he still represents a potential risk to others. He's only back from a very serious injury and his temperament is in question. I would expect the elite clubs will want to see another year of him at us tbh, and non elite clubs can't afford him

Everyone out there knows he is top class, he proved it again today. Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, and probably foreign clubs will come sniffing. This summer.

I hope he scores 15 goals the rest of the way and we get into some hot Europa League action. Then he might consider staying. If not, he'll have done enough to point us in the right direction. And we can cash in on him in a big way. Hopefully Kozak comes good and we spend the Benteke money wisely.

Everyone out there knows he is top class, he proved it again today. Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, and probably foreign clubs will come sniffing. This summer.

Out of those teams he should only go to those who can offer champions league. Could be none of them!

Liverpool and Spurs can't afford him either (and Spurs lost their chance by trying to get him for peanuts).

30m and not a penny less.

I think an injury was the only reason he's here this year. If we know how good he is do you not think scouts and managers will be aware?

There's a slight chance we'll keep him but I'd be surprised.

They'll be aware how potentially good he can be, but I think they'll still want to see another full season from him. He's only had one, and come the end of this season he'll STILL only have had one

Would they though? I'm not a professional scout and it's pretty obvious to me this guy would be excellent in a top team. If it's that obvious to me i think those who know the game better will be fully aware.

Also all it takes is for one big team to be interested and then those that maybe aren't 100% sure will have to make a move or miss out.

17 games and 20 points. This is the first time this season I am relatively confident that we'll stay up. Some better performances this season but the lack of goals will continue to be a worry. Hopefully Kozak can come back and chip in with a few. 21 games left, 6 wins needed... *should* be easy enough.

(figures as of the dawn of Boxing Day)

Leicester: 90.5% v

Burnley: 57.7% vv

Hull: 43.2%

Palace: 30.5% v

Villa: 24.2% ^^^

WBA: 22.7% vv

QPR: 21.7% ^^^

Stoke: 6.4%

Sunderland: 1.2%

Liverpool: 1.1%

Newcastle: 0.7%