Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Atleast Villa Park will be near-ish full and have some atmosphere to it.

Yep, another advantage of the cup, along with the confidence, the club have cleverly added the sales of the remaining 3 home games to ticket history for the cup final, there's every danger it won't mean anything anyway but I'd guess sales will be up by about 3k for each game off the back of it

It's a miracle when we win any game at the moment. We have been treated to 8 victories all season. 26 games have not resulted in a victory. I don't think we can handle the pressure of having to win a match, I don't think we have good enough players, and I don't think TS is experienced enough to get us out of the mess. This is all despite the improvements we have made since Lambert left.

If your right that we aren't good enough to win games and can't handle the pressure (I think your wrong by the way) then thank f*ck we have Sunderland below us who have won 5 league games all season. If we can't handle the pressure of having to win a game then Sunderland have shown they are much worse than us in that regard.

Under Sherwood we have played high pressure games against WBA, Sunderland and Spurs and won. Were 3-2 down with minutes to go against QPR and got a draw. Played in a high pressure cup quarter final and semi final and won. Handling the pressure won't be a problem based on what I have seen over the last few weeks.

Edited by markavfc40

Just don't get the pessimism

Beat Spurs away look the most comfortable I've seen us all season

Make Liverpool look like a pub side in the FA Cup

Yes we lost to Manure (Who we never beat anyway) and Man City away (Last seasons champions) after gifting them goals yet should have won after controlling the game with them needing help from the fourth official to get all 3 points

Sure..... were not going to win any more games between now and the end of the season 

Edited by AshVilla

That 0-2 at Hull is starting to look like a big loss. We normally rely on Hull to plunder the points we need to survive.

To be fair though, that result brought about Lambert's sacking and Sherwood's arrival.

The loss at Newcastle damaged us far more.

Everton is unbeatable Saturday...

Sunderland will win three more...

Hull will win all four...

As will Leicester...

I hope Tim's confidence reaches fans at some point too, not just the players.

Edited by AVTuco

Liverpool clearly were in no mood to do us any favours tonight. 4 points will still see us stay up and we can get them. As Corporal Jones often said "Don't Panic".    

Edited by John
  • Like 1

As will Leicester...

I wish Tim's confidence reaches fans at some point too, not just the players.

It has reached me. I'm up for it.

Can't wait till Saturday and a chance to put this to bed.

• Like 2

That 0-2 at Hull is starting to look like a big loss. We normally rely on Hull to plunder the points we need to survive.

To be fair though, that result brought about Lambert's sacking and Sherwood's arrival.

I actually thought it was Swansea - We would have won 3 in a row at home - it would have given us breathing space - and perhaps given us more confidence to play at home - as it is we look like rabbits in the headlights - especially early on in games

As will Leicester...

I wish Tim's confidence reaches fans at some point too, not just the players.

It has reached me. I'm up for it.

Can't wait till Saturday and a chance to put this to bed.

Excactly. Well, at least it isn't boring..

Nothing has changed

If we take care our own business we will stay up

Our destiny is still in our hands

Wrong. If Sunderland and Leicester win and draw their games in hand respectively, we have to match every result in some way as they will both be ahead of them. It is out of our own hands in that respect. If Leicester lose tomorrow then we just after match or better Leicester's last 3 games. I will feel better if Chelsea batter them tomorrow night.

WRONG

Ok boss. I'm presuming I'm being shot down because Leicester and Sunderland play each other.

Either way, everything isn't as rosy as people are making it out to be.

Edited by NulliSecundus

I actually thought it was Swansea - We would have won 3 in a row at home - it would have given us breathing space - and perhaps given us more confidence to play at home - as it is we look like rabbits in the headlights - especially early on in games

If we had merely drawn the Newcastle game we'd be level on points with them and they'd be right in the thick of it. As it stands they could be safe even if they lose all their remaining games. If we'd beaten them then they'd really be in the shit and we'd be virtually safe.

How do we look like rabbits in the headlights? We're playing with a lot of confidence, just need to cut out those stupid mistakes.

Nothing has changed

If we take care our own business we will stay up

Our destiny is still in our hands

Wrong. If Sunderland and Leicester win and draw their games in hand respectively, we have to match every result in some way as they will both be ahead of them. It is out of our own hands in that respect. If Leicester lose tomorrow then we just after match or better Leicester's last 3 games. I will feel better if Chelsea batter them tomorrow night.

WRONG

Ok boss. Either way, everything isn't as rosy as people are making it out to be.

Rosy? What forum have you been reading mate?

• Like 1