Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Where do some people have us picking up 7 points from? We'll get another 3, 4 at an absolute maximum. The reality is, we have picked up a staggering 19 points from 28 games since the opening 4 games of the season. There is no way we are getting 7 points from 6...

It would seem more relevant to look at the points we've picked up since Sherwood's arrived.

We have a couple of victories against a rather poor WBA side and Sunderland who sacked their manager after losing to us. We conceded 3 times at home to QPR in what was a must win game. We have lost all the games that we are expected to lose this season as well. It's the players that I have little faith in, rather than the manager. I know we need to look at what has changed since Sherwood has taken over (more goals) but have we really improved as a side? Not so sure

• Like 2

The key to our survival was always going to be Benteke scoring goals again. No other player carried a real goal threat, although Sinclair had started off well for us. Sherwood realised that as soon as he got here and made it clear for the players to get the ball to Benteke sooner and to get forward and support him. For me, that's been the biggest difference in the side and it's down to Sherwood.

I worry about his substitutions at times and think there's improvement to be made there but overall we've been largely better under his short reign and we need that to continue if we are to stay up.

I know one thing and that is we wouldn't be where we are now if Lambert was still here!

Where do some people have us picking up 7 points from? We'll get another 3, 4 at an absolute maximum. The reality is, we have picked up a staggering 19 points from 28 games since the opening 4 games of the season. There is no way we are getting 7 points from 6...

It would seem more relevant to look at the points we've picked up since Sherwood's arrived.

We have a couple of victories against a rather poor WBA side and Sunderland who sacked their manager after losing to us. We conceded 3 times at home to QPR in what was a must win game. We have lost all the games that we are expected to lose this season as well. It's the players that I have little faith in, rather than the manager. I know we need to look at what has changed since Sherwood has taken over (more goals) but have we really improved as a side? Not so sure

We definitely have.

it's not as big of an improvement as people are making it out to be. We are still a shit team.

But there's definitely been an improvement. Enough to keep us up (just, imo)

Being ultra pessimistic I see us getting nothing from our away fixtures. So we need two wins if that were the case at home where we've won 3 out of 16 all season? Need something on Saturday against Spuds.

I find it ridiculous how people try and excuse those two wins - under Lambert we would not have won either and in fact probably lost them.

Yes, we have improved. I don't know how anyone can honestly believe that we haven't. We haven't improved as much as we'd like, but when you consider that we could barely muster a single goal when Lambert was in charge it's obvious to see that we've improved.

For relegation I'm going with either...

Sunderland

Burnley

Leicester

20/1 according to Bet365

or

Hull

Burnley

Leicester

14/1 according to Bet365

With Villa to finish 16th on 35 points with -26 goal difference.

Sunderland

Burnley

Leicester

20/1 according to Bet365

or

Hull

Burnley

Leicester

14/1 according to Bet365

I reckon Burnley might get out of it... 

Sunderland

Burnley

Leicester

20/1 according to Bet365

or

Hull

Burnley

Leicester

14/1 according to Bet365

I reckon Burnley might get out of it... 

With Newcastle taking their place  :P

Am I the only one expecting three points from Spurs? :) Every match is winnable as far as I know. Is not it?

I was expecting 3 from swansea - and to a lesser extent QPR

You can expect what you like - problem is Villa have consistently failed to deliver on those expectations - maybe it will all fall into place over the remaining games

;)  ;)

Before Tuesday I was 75% sure we would be safe...it's dropped down to about 55% now. We needed to win that, but if we had lost it I think I would be about 75% sure of relegation.