Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

It's not about 40 points anymore, hasn't been for a while, it's simply about bettering or equalling the results of QPR, Burnley and Sunderland. As bad as we've been, I can envisage our form improving and Sunderlands continuing to stall - as clubs we have been very similar for a while - frickin yank owners...

Once we are relegated I won't get to see any Villa games.

I'd take that, at the moment.

Wiziwig had streams from the Championship before itcshut down so must still be a way to watch us if we go down.

I've already accepted the fact we are going down. I have seen nothing this season to suggest otherwise, as even the wins we've had could all easily have gone the other way. If we stay up, it will highlight what a poor League the Prem has become and the massive gulf between the top 6-7 clubs and the rest.

I also think we'd win The Championship and come straight back up. In the long run, it could be a good thing for the club. We're not financially screwed like Leeds were, would be the biggest side in years to drop down, we'd still attract decent players (even in a lower League we are a bigger club than the likes of Palace, Swansea, Stoke etc...) and a core of the current squad would probably have a very good season.

At the moment, I'd be quite happy if every player left this club, as I see no passion from any of them to turn this around (Clark & Hutton aside). Next season, if the worst happens, I think we could field a team like this....

Guzan, Hutton, Baker, Clark, New LB, Bacuna, Westwood, Gardner, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Kozak.

I think we are screwed if we go down. We don't know how to scrap. The championship is one big scrap over 46 games. It will be a massive shock to the system for this that do stay with us. If anything, we will do a fulham and just manage to get by. Look how they started off...:

It would be a miracle if we stayed up.

We are hardly in miracle territory are we. We need to finish the season with one more point than other three teams. As things stand now we are one point away from the position we need to be in.

Clubs have been cut adrift by 4 or 5 points at this stage and stayed up. Even the biggest pessimist surely wouldn't consider being in the relegation zone on goal difference as even being cut adrift.

I have said this before but we have been diabolical this season but so have a lot of other sides. Leicester worse than us, Burney and QPR on a par with us and Sunderland and Hull a little better than us. The advantage we have over all them sides for me is that we are a half decent side on paper performing extremely poorly where as they are poor sides performing how you would expect. Personally I would not swap our squads for any of the other teams down the bottom.

I think the penny has finally dropped with the players that we are in deep shit and it showed in the urgency in our play yesterday. That extra urgency and fight combined with the fact we have better quality than the other sides at the bottom means that I am still confident we will stay up.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

I have us finishing on 36 points, which by my reckoning will keep us up in 15th.

There have been positives in the last two-three performances. We just need the confidence to finish them.

One win can spark us into life.

I have us finishing on 36 points, which by my reckoning will keep us up in 15th.

There have been positives in the last two-three performances. We just need the confidence to finish them.

One win can spark us into life.

We hope.

• Like 1

Stoke was massive.....and then Newcastle was massive....and now Tuesday is massive!

Before the Stoke and Newcastle games, I said that if we lost the game we would be in much worse position in terms of survival. Assuming QPR don't win their game in hand, we are actually in the same position other than we've wasted a couple of "winnable games".

As it stands, if we can win on Tuesday then we will be out of the bottom 3, and the pressure will be on QPR and Burnley, and they face Arsenal at home and Liverpool away respectively. Even if we get a draw, we will be out of the bottom 3 on Tuesday evening, and I think the psychological boost of being out of the bottom (assuming Wednesday results go our way) might just kickstart us. Also, Hull play Sunderland on Tuesday, so whatever happens there, we will be in touching distance of one or both of them IF we can win against West Brom. And then we play Sunderland on 14th March.....which becomes the next massive game!

So basically, we are by no means out of it yet, and most Newcastle fans I spoke to yesterday were surprised that we were quite decent.

One thing is for certain, we actually look like we have goals in us now. We were much better than Newcastle yesterday, particularly first half, and they only had opportunities in the second half when we opened ourselves up. If we can play against West Brom as we did against Newcastle, then I really fancy us.

We have to take something from Tuesday.. Even if all it is would be moving to 23 points. 

We cannot let QPR or Burnley build a 3 point gap on us because our goal difference near enough counts as another point and psychologically would leave us with an insurmountable brick wall. 

If we could win on Tuesday (please please please) it would pile the pressure on the other sides and Sunderland panicking again. There's a long long way to go but we have to start doing something NOW. Even if we found some form in later March or April it would be too late by then. 

Villa next games : baggies,Sunderland, Swansea & Man U. Can see us getting between 4-6 points

Qpr next 4 games : arsenal, Spurs, palace & everton could easily see them gain 0 points

Burnley next 6 games : Liverpool, Man City,southampton,Spurs,arsenal,everton can see them getting a few batterings. 0 points

Keep the faith UTV

I've already accepted the fact we are going down. I have seen nothing this season to suggest otherwise, as even the wins we've had could all easily have gone the other way. If we stay up, it will highlight what a poor League the Prem has become and the massive gulf between the top 6-7 clubs and the rest.

I also think we'd win The Championship and come straight back up. In the long run, it could be a good thing for the club. We're not financially screwed like Leeds were, would be the biggest side in years to drop down, we'd still attract decent players (even in a lower League we are a bigger club than the likes of Palace, Swansea, Stoke etc...) and a core of the current squad would probably have a very good season.

At the moment, I'd be quite happy if every player left this club, as I see no passion from any of them to turn this around (Clark & Hutton aside). Next season, if the worst happens, I think we could field a team like this....

Guzan, Hutton, Baker, Clark, New LB, Bacuna, Westwood, Gardner, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Kozak.

That team would not win the Championship. It wouldn't even make the play offs.