Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

On 15/12/2023 at 10:01, mjmooney said:

Whisky tasting notes. Random genuine example: 

I bet it actually tastes like... whisky. 

You'll be telling us next that all whisky tastes the same. 😄

I think "crushed nuts" is what you get if you knock over a bottle of Macallan Genesis.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Grown adults fighting over sport.

**** pathetic specimens.

You obviously didn't see the game. 😂

• Haha 1

The majority of people who say they can't lose weight for one

...but mainly my dont get today is...who is buying full fat fizzy drinks now? Coke Zero, Pepsi Max, Sugar free Monster, relentless.

They're so **** tasty 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

...but mainly my dont get today is...who is buying full fat fizzy drinks now? Coke Zero, Pepsi Max, Sugar free Monster, relentless.

They're so **** tasty 

Me, artificial sweeteners are gross.

I doubt I have more than one fizzy drink every couple of months though so I'd rather have the good stuff when I do.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They're so **** tasty

Me. I much prefer the taste and I'm not concerned about losing weight, so why would I buy the Zero/ sugar free rubbish. 

Can’t massively tell the difference between the full fat and zero coke stuff. Certainly not enough for me to have an opinion either way. So I have the zero stuff and avoid having 40% of my daily sugar intake in one drink.

I would be utterly hopeless at the Pepsi challenge.

I've cut down a fair bit on fizzy pop recently, but still go for the Zero/Max versions. The full sugar ones just taste too sweet now. I guess its what you become accustomed to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

They're so **** tasty 

If I drink a full fat drink now it's almost gagging.  So sickeningly sweet. 

49 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

Me. I much prefer the taste and I'm not concerned about losing weight, so why would I buy the Zero/ sugar free rubbish. 

Because it's just as tasty so why have the big fat waste of calories

As it goes, I don’t find it addictive in the slightest. I order it when I’m driving mainly due to a lack of alternatives.

An occasional cup of tea is sometimes bought. But that’s in the colder months. Orange juice, too sugary. Cordial/squash, I’ve never had one from a pub that I’m particularly happy with. Not drinking alcohol free. Options are kinda limited.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

As it goes, I don’t find it addictive in the slightest. I order it when I’m driving mainly due to a lack of alternatives.

An occasional cup of tea is sometimes bought. But that’s in the colder months. Orange juice, too sugary. Cordial/squash, I’ve never had one from a pub that I’m particularly happy with. Not drinking alcohol free. Options are kinda limited.

Yet you keep buying it :D 

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yet you keep buying it :D 

Well, yeah because I can’t sit in a pub not having a drink while I’m waiting for my daughter to be let out of school and ideally I’d like to offer some patronage to the pub on my way if I find I have some additional time to kill.

Or when I’m out for a meal with my folks and I’m driving, ideally I want a beverage with the meal.

Edit - we’re talking about one glass a week on average. Whether that’s the equivalent of Ewan McGregor screaming in bed while he imagines a dead baby crawling across the ceiling level of addiction I guess is down to the individual.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Because it's just as tasty so why have the big fat waste of calories

But it's really not as tasty, at least to me. I've never had a sugar free or low sugar version of any soft drink that I like as much as the original. The calalories don't matter at all, I burn off more than enough. If anything I'd worry about the sugar on my teeth but I doubt the additives are much better for them. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bickster said:

I don’t get why we're having a debate over which addictive additive tastes better. Both more addictive than cocaine

Just say no kids!

Ain't that the truth, I am properly addicted, drank a 2l bottle of vanilla coke at work yesterday, on a good day ill have at leat 1l, I've come off it a few times in January's past and it's tough going

But for pushing on 10 years now I've been coke zero / Pepsi max, I'll only ever drink no sugar, I won't touch full fat coke*, I'll "try" and lose weight all the time while eating chocolate, crisps and haribo but full fat coke would be the end of me, I tend to drink flavoured coke anyway so I can't tell the difference, cherry Pepsi max is my weapon of choice, there is no cherry Pepsi as a comparison so it's lost 

* I don't mess about in bars when it's a mixer, if I'm shouting up a rum and coke it's at the end of a night with several beers and just before getting a kebab, the fat of the coke is the least of my worries 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I occasionally have a lime soda if i'm driving. Find that quite refreshing. 

Â