Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

I'm absolutely baffled by the new Michael Spicer stuff.

He's the guy that got a lot of views for his "Room Next Door" stuff, particularly during covid, lots of very funny scenes of him losing his shit at politicians during press conferences.

He's since branched out to a range of long form videos that are just him ranting about things that annoy him. And I can't figure out if they're meant to be a bit, him in character, funny in any way, or if he's just lost the plot.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Truly baffled by why anyone would want to inhabit such a house. I mean, if that's what floats your boat, great,  but it looks like someone who ate a giant bag of confetti vomited and then offered free Anna Wintour haircuts and shower-curtains and old sweaters to clothe any takers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos

9 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Truly baffled by why anyone would want to inhabit such a house. I mean, if that's what floats your boat, great,  but it looks like someone who ate a giant bag of confetti vomited and then offered free Anna Wintour haircuts and shower-curtains and old sweaters to clothe any takers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think it is called maximalist. My wife is really into but it hasn't crept in to our home yet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

David harbour is married to lilly Allen?! 

Apparently so. Not that I have a clue who he is. 

Allen began a relationship with actor David Harbour in 2019. They made their red carpet debut during the 26th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards. A day after they obtained their marriage certificate, they got married on 7 September 2020 in Las Vegas, in a wedding that was officiated by an Elvis impersonator. The couple share a home in Brooklyn.

Wikipedia

I do like a room with some armchairs, a bath, and a fridge. That’s pretty much most things covered. Just needs a dance pole or a sex cradle swing and it’s good to go.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Stranger things 

Id known him for a while before that but I honestly can't remember what from 

He was a crooked cop in the first Equalizer movie

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Stranger things 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

the first Equalizer movie

Explains why I've never heard of him. 

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I think it is called maximalist. My wife is really into but it hasn't crept in to our home yet. 

My guess is that as soon as you actually change any rooms in your house to maximalist, the next day minimalist will be the thing. 😉😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

My guess is that as soon as you actually change any rooms in your house to maximalist, the next day minimalist will be the thing. 😉😁

I used to go clubbing there in the 80s 

Maximinimums 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've seen a video on their house before.

I think it's **** cool, but I'd also absolutely hate to live there :D 

I'd have to have an empty room with one chair in just so I could go and relax

• Thanks 1

Banksy's artwork on buildings.

Always gets huge crowds. Are people genuinely interested in it, or is it just an excuse to upload a photo to social media to look cool?

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Banksy's artwork on buildings.

Always gets huge crowds. Are people genuinely interested in it, or is it just an excuse to upload a photo to social media to look cool?

A bit of the former, mostly the latter I would say. Seems to be the case that they don’t last too long which will only add to the exclusivity of being able to say you’ve seen it in situ. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

A bit of the former, mostly the latter I would say. Seems to be the case that they don’t last too long which will only add to the exclusivity of being able to say you’ve seen it in situ. 

Yeah, thats another thing I don't get - why do people feel the need to deface/ruin them? People are odd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah, thats another thing I don't get - why do people feel the need to deface/ruin them? People are odd. 

Well I suppose some may do so because they might feel a bit “Who gave him the right to paint that? I’ll do some painting too…” Which, y’know, I guess I can’t really argue against.

But if graffiti is inevitable I’d rather have “good” graffiti not defaced by less talented folk. Last time I was there, I noticed some of the better designs around Digbeth have been tagged and kinda blemished. So maybe there’s the “who gave you the right…” crowd and there’s a few individuals who take the view “Huh, you’re clearly better than me at this graffiti lark…I’m not letting you get away with that…”.

I am guessing, but that’s what I’d say.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Because they're generally hateful and ignorant individuals, who if given the opportunity couldn't produce anything of note themselves so feel better defacing or dismissing what others do. It's quite simple really.  

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

Have you ever met Lupuco round Brum? He seems intent on defacing as much of it as he possibly can. 

Â