Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m not a prolific consumer of the scotch egg, but you’d be hard pressed to get a soft one from the Spar.

Morrisons, ASDA, M&S, Tesco all sell them these days

Hard/soft scotch eggs are simply different beasts. The soft-boiled variety is exquisite served warm as a starter in a restaurant (preferably with good quality black pudding). As a pub snack (salad/ploughmans), with a pint, you want the cold, hard-boiled type. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Why there are numerous transfer rumour threads for individual players in On Topic, when there's an actual Summer Transfer Thread they could all go in. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Hard/soft scotch eggs are simply different beasts. The soft-boiled variety is exquisite served warm as a starter in a restaurant (preferably with good quality black pudding). As a pub snack (salad/ploughmans), with a pint, you want the cold, hard-boiled type. 

Do you mean a scotch egg and some black pudding, or do you mean a Manny egg, Mike, where the casing is a mix of sausage and black pudding?

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Why there are numerous transfer rumour threads for individual players in On Topic, when there's an actual Summer Transfer Thread they could all go in. 

Mods all on holiday?

Its bandit country with the player link stuff

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Mods all on holiday?

Its bandit country with the player link stuff

Must admit I don't read many of them, as they come from crap Internet sports sites that make shit up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Because of 2 things. Firstly the site’s guidelines and secondly the general summer thread is where people can post about how they want the midfield or whatever area addressed but the individual threads are for discussion of specific players linked with us, and their merits or otherwise. One thread with just everything in it would move so fast and be so all over the place that it would be really hard to follow.

The one advantage of that way would be people could ignore all that stuff in one go, instead of ignoring it separately 😉

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Was fully agreeing but I just don't think there's ever a place for the hardboiled type. Well, if there was a home/pubmade version of that then possibly as you describe, but as I said the supermarket ones are just terrible. 

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

Because of 2 things. Firstly the site’s guidelines and secondly the general summer thread is where people can post about how they want the midfield or whatever area addressed but the individual threads are for discussion of specific players linked with us, and their merits or otherwise. One thread with just everything in it would move so fast and be so all over the place that it would be really hard to follow.

The one advantage of that way would be people could ignore all that stuff in one go, instead of ignoring it separately 😉

spacer.png

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, blandy said:

Do you mean a scotch egg and some black pudding, or do you mean a Manny egg, Mike, where the casing is a mix of sausage and black pudding?

Either/or. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, choffer said:

Used to be my mantra. Then the doc told me I was 90% of the way to diabetes. Can’t stand the full sugar stuff now. 

Fair one although I think if that was me I just wouldn't drink soft drinks anymore at all.  Just can't get on with the sugar free stuff.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Fair one although I think if that was me I just wouldn't drink soft drinks anymore at all.  Just can't get on with the sugar free stuff.

Only because you haven't weaned yourself off sugar. Takes time but then just becomes normal, sugary drinks taste shite and your health improves. 

14 hours ago, choffer said:

Used to be my mantra. Then the doc told me I was 90% of the way to diabetes. Can’t stand the full sugar stuff now. 

I dread to think where I'd be if I stayed on full fat, it's a fight not to drink a 2l bottle of coke a day

As for Pepsi max vs coke zero....coke zero all day, Pepsi max has that little tinge of artificial sweetener which doesn't make it as nice

But....realistically I'm going for flavoured anyway and the king is Pepsi max lemon closely followed by cherry coke

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Only because you haven't weaned yourself off sugar. Takes time but then just becomes normal, sugary drinks taste shite and your health improves. 

I don't drink enough for it to be an issue anyway.  Fizzy drinks are for hangovers and when I eat junk food (which sometimes goes hand in hand).

I should also add I absolutely never touch those horrific energy drinks too apart from the rare occasion that somebody hands me a jaeger bomb.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I should also add I absolutely never touch those horrific energy drinks too apart from the rare occasion that somebody hands me a jaeger bomb.

Yeah, those things are a horror show. All advertising should be banned. 

Completely unnecessary that they exist other than for elite sports. Diabetes, high blood pressure and heart attack in a can, all for no purpose. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, those things are a horror show. All advertising should be banned. 

Completely unnecessary that they exist other than for elite sports. Diabetes, high blood pressure and heart attack in a can, all for no purpose. 

Only ever tried Red Bull once, before playing football after a tiring day at work. I thought it tasted absolutely foul, never touched it since. 

• Like 1

Scotch eggs. Mmm scotch Eggs. black pudding ones, white pudding ones, normal ones, falafel ones, choritzo ones, lincolnshire ones, cumberland ones, dragon ones (with chilli in the sausage meat), hard boiled, soft boiled(ftw), Mmm Scotch eggs.

• Like 2

Â