Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

30 minutes ago, BOF said:

Who did that?

Some young lad in America up and coming baseball player who was celebrating leaving school or college. Loads of them on boat pissed up, and he was dared to do it. 

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Some young lad in America up and coming baseball player who was celebrating leaving school or college. Loads of them on boat pissed up, and he was dared to do it. 

Just read up on it. Ah yes, I wonder how the Darwin awards are shaping up this year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Supposedly he took/had fentanyl in his system and they believe that’s why he jumped. Not sure though but the story is very crazy.

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Supposedly he took/had fentanyl in his system and they believe that’s why he jumped. Not sure though but the story is very crazy.

That fentanyl is heavy shit, it’s a big killer. I know a lot of them like their drugs when they have those graduation parties though . The video is very creepy .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That fentanyl is heavy shit, it’s a big killer. I know a lot of them like their drugs when they have those graduation parties though . The video is very creepy .

I remember watching a mini doc about it on YouTube like 5 years ago and I was shocked at how dangerous it is. I know it has medicinal purposes but it’s crazy that it can kill someone with only a trace amount in their system.

29 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I remember watching a mini doc about it on YouTube like 5 years ago and I was shocked at how dangerous it is. I know it has medicinal purposes but it’s crazy that it can kill someone with only a trace amount in their system.

Yeah only takes a very small amount . It’s when they use it as a cutting agent to bulk up other drugs it gets you. Buy a bag of coke have your normal line then bang you’re dead because it’s got Fentanyl in. 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah don’t take it in the first place 

Just been pub with couple of my work mates. Had few beers. Another gang turn up that work down our place loaded with coke so we left and went home. 

well done squire 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

well done squire 

Yeah it’s pretty good for me to have 4 pints not stay out and get on it especially with it there in my company . I’m 40 now so need to start changing some bad habits and also I just couldn’t be arsed . Me and missus getting on so why ruin it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah it’s pretty good for me to have 4 pints not stay out and get on it especially with it there in my company . I’m 40 now so need to start changing some bad habits and also I just couldn’t be arsed . Me and missus getting on so why ruin it. 

commendable and always difficult  

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah don’t take it in the first place 

Just been pub with couple of my work mates. Had few beers. Another gang turn up that work down our place loaded with coke so we left and went home. 

What pub? Just asking *sniff*

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't understand how people who post photos of food -- that looks like shit or vomit -- don't understand that the food looks like shit or vomit. It's remarkable how excitedly people post the food, and how their friends will pipe in, "OMG, that looks YUMMY!" when it actually looks like vomit or shit.

I don't get it. Even small restaurants do it in marketing. An example from New Jersey. This is supposed to look good, apparently. To me, it looks like someone with bowel disease shat into a bap.

LAFTEKT2HZG2PN6T53RVEJLALU.jpeg

Here's one from a cooking website, where people were like, "That looks LUSCIOUS!" That's literally a quote.

spacer.png

what-he-said-regina-hall.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't understand how people who post photos of food -- that looks like shit or vomit -- don't understand that the food looks like shit or vomit. It's remarkable how excitedly people post the food, and how their friends will pipe in, "OMG, that looks YUMMY!" when it actually looks like vomit or shit.

I don't get it. Even small restaurants do it in marketing. An example from New Jersey. This is supposed to look good, apparently. To me, it looks like someone with bowel disease shat into a bap.

LAFTEKT2HZG2PN6T53RVEJLALU.jpeg

Here's one from a cooking website, where people were like, "That looks LUSCIOUS!" That's literally a quote.

spacer.png

It amazes me how the British have a bad reputation for food when in the US almost all their food seems to just consist of slight variations of meat, cheese, potato and sickly barbecue or tomato sauce.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

It amazes me how the British have a bad reputation for food when in the US almost all their food seems to just consist of slight variations of meat, cheese, potato and sickly barbecue or tomato sauce.

Yes! Well said. And don’t forget what you call “sweet corn” 🌽 and peanut butter 😂

At uni we would regularly take in the delights of the Wetherspoons beer and burger meal. This was probably around the period that that became 'a Thing', and on one Sunday evening when we found ourselves in 'spoons we were treated to the staff watching a new training video on the various TV screens around the pub where they revealed a new menu item - the 'Gourmet' beer and burger meal. This was basically the normal burger but with onion rings and a cheese sauce, served with (and to this day I find this far too amusing) 'the new, longer, cocktail stick!', to prevent the thing self destructing.

The gourmet burger was very nice, I had a couple when feeling particularly flash, but it had a couple of fundamental issues. Firstly, it was stupidly tall. I've got a big gob, I wasn't able to get the thing in my mouth without crushing it to the point it exploded over the plate. The new longer cocktail stick! wasn't a lie - it needed it. A normal cocktail stick couldn't have coped. It would be overwhelmed. And secondly, as I discovered one Saturday afternoon, if you did manage to stuff it in my mouth and take a bite, the stick left a hole, which would line up directly with your nose, which, when you bit down, turned the hole into Old Faithful, blasting molten cheese sauce into your sinuses. Which **** hurts. Tasty but dangerous.

There's a structural limit to a burger. Higher isn't better.

• Like 4

Â