Paul Lambert

limpid

This is a man who spent £18m+ on Darren Bent. He might well have got Cabaye, but I'm sure there would have been lots of Makoun type flops as well.

I'm not sure how Houllier gets the blame for his signings failing under other managers? From what I understand, Bent was more to do with Lerner anyway (Houllier wanted Benzema) but regardless, Bent played well and scored goals in Houllier's system and may well have continued to do so had he stayed.

Similarly with Makoun, he was clearly adapting to the league when Houllier was there but again, we cannot say how he would've done had Houllier remained here.

Edited by Isa

Yep, gotta go. Get pulis in. Christ I'd even take moyes! We've gradually become one of the worst football teams I've ever witnessed.

In what world is Pulis a better manager than Moyes?

I would take Moyes in a heartbeat, the job he done at Everton, the calibre of players he bought for some fees.

I can not stand moyes and his media conning negative approach

If only our defenders could deflect as well as this thread . Lambert is the problem and let's get rid now - his record at villa has more L's in it than a map book of welsh villages

• Like 3

This is a man who spent £18m+ on Darren Bent. He might well have got Cabaye, but I'm sure there would have been lots of Makoun type flops as well.

I'm not sure how Houllier gets the blame for his signings failing under other managers? From what I understand, Bent was more to do with Lerner anyway (Houllier wanted Benzema) but regardless, Bent played well and scored goals in Houllier's system and may well have continued to do so had he stayed.

Similarly with Makoun, he was clearly adapting to the league when Houllier was there but again, we cannot say how he would've done had Houllier remained here.

I wouldn't say Makoun was clearly adapting to the league at all.  He had one decent game against Man U.  Even Houllier dropped him didn't he?

I wouldn't say Makoun was clearly adapting to the league at all.  He had one decent game against Man U.  Even Houllier dropped him didn't he?

No sorry, I meant he was new to the league and going through an adaptation period.

I've never wanted a manager out more than I do with Lambert. He should have been sacked the day after we were humiliated at Chelsea nearly 2 years ago but he was allowed to stay and fester at our club and embarrass us left right and centre. He is simp,y the worst manager I've ever known at Aston Villa FC. The sooner he's gone through the better, but let's not just pounce on the first manager to replace him. I'd hate to see someone like Tony Pulis at our club. His style of football is a disgrace. Don't be fooled by his few months at Palace. It was a flash in the pan and he soon got out while he knew his stock was high. Please Villa don't fall for that bullshit.

The man to take over is David Moyes.

Yep, gotta go. Get pulis in. Christ I'd even take moyes! We've gradually become one of the worst football teams I've ever witnessed.

I would take Moyes in a heartbeat, the job he done at Everton, the calibre of players he bought for some fees.

Have you forgotten the style of football Pulis played at Stoke?

Christ!

Been listening to Talk radio most of the morning . It seems the Villa have become a constant source of amusement,it's painful, it really is , but please do not compound my pain with the name Pullis . If he was any good he'd still be at Stoke , but they got rid , and why ? Becuase there is only so much banality a man can cope with . It's more than mid-table mediocrity I want for my club. So there Stan Collymore . Never trust a man who goes "dogging" .

Especially when its Milford Common  :)

If only our defenders could deflect as well as this thread . Lambert is the problem and let's get rid now - his record at villa has more L's in it than a map book of welsh villages

You say that like it's currently an option and there's not a recent four-year contract to consider.

English Villa fans could say that we've "looked abroad" since 2003 when David O'Leary took over from Graham Taylor. Two Irishmen, one Frenchman and, two Scotsmen and apart from MON - albeit with a £100m war chest - we have done very little.

I would like us to try to get Steve McLaren in to have a go. Not saying he's the perfect answer, and I know he would be another choice that would divide opinion but, he's probably as good as we could get right now and he's doing a decent job of it at Derby as well. Saying that, even he might think that his present job holds a better looking future than a job at the Villa!

oh how smug we were when we socked it to Lerner and told him we didn't want McLaren

oh how smug Lerner was when he said **** you its my club and hired Mcleish

of course you never know how things will turn out , had we got OGS we would most likely be a championship club now .... maybe Lambert is performing miracles keeping us up each season and when we bin him and hire Pulis and he takes us down we'll all be saying it was a mistake to sack Lambert

such is football

I voted for him to go for what it's worth ....

Edited by tonyh29

Christ!

Not at all.

Christ!

Not at all.

I think we Villa fans have suffered enough over the last 5 years without the club inflicting Tony bloody Pulis onto us. The man is "anti-football" in a nutshell.

• Like 1

He'd bring stability whilst we **** about with Lerner, let the new regime sort out someone better after

I really think that's where we're at, forget this idea of getting a new manager in and getting somewhere again, that's a pipe dream, get us us 10th -12th 2 years on the trot

Get us stable, respect the cups, that'd do me right now

Lucky few months at Palace? really?

I'm not a fan but it is quite obvious it was hard work on the training ground in keeping them solid etc that kept Palace up.

His record of keeping teams up speaks for itself.

If things get REALLY bad I wouldn't be against it personally but I'd hope it would be short term with the hope new owners come in but I don't see it happening.

• Like 2

Lambert better than Atkinson? What?! :D

I know football has changed in 20 years and we are never going to compete at the business end any more but that is not my main gripe at Lambert. What is, is the mind numbingly dull football, the lack of tactical nous, the fact the players don't look as though they know each other. What happens on the training ground? 

Can't believe he got a new contract. He has almost made me get to the point of not caring anymore. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

We just need a change. Yes maybe Lambert will come good. Maybe its down to injuries, players not fit. Maybe its even bedding a new style into the players though I personally think he has run out of time, we will see the banners out soon, the rest will be history.

An for all you guys who think he won't be sacked because of his new contract, don't be fooled. I am  100% certain Fox would have advised a clause in his contract for early ternmination. 

Â