Paul Lambert

limpid

Oh, VillaTalk. Even when the majority of us agree on something, we still have the need to bicker and argue.

Going back to the possession vs. creating chances discussion a few pages back, there is room for everyone to be right in this argument. Our problem is our defense. Our problem is our lack of possession. Our problem is our lack of chances created. Our problem is our inability to convert the chances we do create. Our problem is our lack of attacking movement. Our problem is our inability to defend set pieces and inability to score from attacking set pieces. ALL of that is what our problem is. Not one single thing in isolation, but all of it collectively.

It is very unlikely Lambert will be fired IMO.

You can't be so sure. Its very early in the season. If Lambert don't turn it around and we are sitting bottom of the table by Christmas, you really think he still won't be considered for the chop. Can't see it myself. Home fans will be going mad, banners will be out, attendances will drop further, there is only so much he and more importantly Lerner/Fox will be able to take.

I honestly don't understand this. You're massively contradicting yourself.

Last night we DID keep the ball better. And we created nothing (much).

IMO you're the one who wants to go from crawling to running. Possession football isn't something that can be done at the flick of a switch. And imo there's no point concentrating on keeping the ball better if we're currently doing nothing with it. Again, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm not saying we should be telling our players to NOT keep the ball better or that I'd PREFER to have 30% possession than 70%

All I'm saying is Lambert shouldn't be telling the team that all they have to do is keep the ball, because we clearly have bigger problems than that. At the moment we look like we could have 90% possession and we still won't score. The possession stat is useless unless we're doing something with that possession.

You're saying we can't eat unless we're at the table. I'm saying that if we don't have a fork, we can be at the table all we want but we're still not getting any food.

How about if we have a knife and a spoon?

What bothers me is that under Lambert, Norwich were a team that entertained and played good, attacking football and would compete against the best, we're very tough to play at home and played with spirit and determination. We lack all of that and the past three years have been shambolic.

It is very unlikely Lambert will be fired IMO.

You can't be so sure. Its very early in the season. If Lambert don't turn it around and we are sitting bottom of the table by Christmas, you really think he still won't be considered for the chop. Can't see it myself. Home fans will be going mad, banners will be out, attendances will drop further, there is only so much he and more importantly Lerner/Fox will be able to take.

Also not to mention Randy wants to get rid of the club so getting relegated isn't an attractive option and he will know this.

I don't think it will get this bad though surely.

I can't decide.

Whilst I'm not happy with the current situation, we started the season well. We've then lost to Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Everton - hardly a catastrophe.

Yes, QPR was dire and the stats don't make good reading, but I think we're also adapting to losing Delph.

Whilst I am not saying Lambert is absolutely faultless here - I can't help but feel it's a bit of a knee jerk reaction to the QPR result. 

I've voted to say keep him until January, but I have a feeling I will be one of the ones calling for his head come January (if he lasts until then). I just can't bring myself to call for his head for losing to 4 of last seasons top 5 (and beating the other). I think we'll have a better idea after Spurs, especially with it being a home game.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1
  • Like 2

In the short term, Pulis would at least get us organized defensively and make us tough to beat. In the long term, he would not improve our current brand of dull football.

He also walked out on Palace two days before the season started because they wouldn't give him enough transfer money, so I can't see him wanting this job.

I can't decide.

Whilst I'm not happy with the current situation, we started the season well. We've then lost to Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Everton - hardly a catastrophe.

Yes, QPR was dire and the stats don't make good reading, but I think we're also adapting to losing Delph.

Whilst I am not saying Lambert is absolutely faultless here - I can't help but feel it's a bit of a knee jerk reaction to the QPR result. 

I've voted to say keep him until January, but I have a feeling I will be one of the ones calling for his head come January (if he lasts until then).

My knee has been jerking since the summer of 2012.

What bothers me is that under Lambert, Norwich were a team that entertained and played good, attacking football and would compete against the best, we're very tough to play at home and played with spirit and determination. We lack all of that and the past three years have been shambolic.

Not making excuses - I'm quite open in my disappointment towards a number of the players who take the piss, on their extortionate wage. However, have you ever worked in an organisation that is uncertain of it's future? I've just started in one that resolved it's uncertainty about a year or so ago and the chaos as a result of it still exists.

This doesn't fully explain why it's been woeful for three years but I am as mythd as you are about the difference between us and Norwich.

• Like 1

Oh, VillaTalk. Even when the majority of us agree on something, we still have the need to bicker and argue.

Going back to the possession vs. creating chances discussion a few pages back, there is room for everyone to be right in this argument. Our problem is our defense. Our problem is our lack of possession. Our problem is our lack of chances created. Our problem is our inability to convert the chances we do create. Our problem is our lack of attacking movement. Our problem is our inability to defend set pieces and inability to score from attacking set pieces. ALL of that is what our problem is. Not one single thing in isolation, but all of it collectively.

Our problem is Paul Lambert!!

Our problem is Paul Lambert!!

Yes, that's the part that the majority of us agree on.

I can't decide.

I've voted to say keep him until January, but I have a feeling I will be one of the ones calling for his head come January (if he lasts until then). I just can't bring myself to call for his head for losing to 4 of last seasons top 5 (and beating the other). I think we'll have a better idea after Spurs, especially with it being a home game.

I have been where you are for some time now, constantly giving him one more game, another window.

Last night pushed me off the fence. He should be sacked.

I worry about my Club the longer this goes on.

I remember the last relegation - we will not like it!

Even Lambert himself on the touchline does not looked convinced - very bad body language recently, and especially last night - almost looked resigned.

Really looked as if he did not know what to do to stop the rot.

Â