Paul Lambert

limpid

If losing to the leagues top teams was the only problem....the criticism might be unfair.

But if only it was a simple as that.....it's much more and deep down we all know it.

Yes - there are too many reasons why he should be out, all of which have already been covered - the worst of all is that he is a shit manager, his tactics are shit and we have made no improvement in his two seasons and its looking worse this season. In all honesty he should have gone in May.

He won't go though, he's got a four year contract for failure on the pitch but he does his master's bidding and won't kick up a fuss, because he won't get a better or bigger job anywhere else. He won't go unless we get relegated.

• Like 3

Pulis? Moyes? the Premier League doesn't necessarily have to be a men's club for the same rotating managers. let's do a Spurs and look for a manager abroad, hell, football is still football.

Where money has really ruined the game is when a manager is totally out of touch, he can't do the honourable thing and go....they have to hang on for the pay off.

There are more problems at this club than just Lambert.

....so let's make a start.

The problem is that under the current circumstances I can't really see getting rid of Lambert as doing that much good, not because I think he's some sort of amazing manager but because I don't think we'd be able to find many qualified candidates who would be willing to work under the current ownership.

Would you ever leave your job because it was the honourable thing to do? Not sure why people think people in professional sports think differently to anyone else with a job. Hell, they have even more reason to stay than 'normal' people since they have six-figure payoffs.

Edited by Ginko

Just gotta go, tactically inept, way out of his depth. how he's kept his job for this long is beyond me. were the laughing stock of football at the moment. I've seen more fight in a dying fly just spineless.  I just cant see where the next win is coming from. we are rotten to the core. Any team in the league would turn us over at the moment. Plonk us in division 1 now and i guarantee we would be in exactly the same postion were in now. This season will be the season we drop and i cant see us coming back any time soon. for the sake of our club something has to happen in the coming weeks. they need to admit they made a mistake and f*ck him off. get pulis in to steady the ship and go from there. Lambert maybe have a lot of affection for the club but if he cares that much he will walk

The problem is that under the current circumstances I can't really see getting rid of Lambert as doing that much good, not because I think he's some sort of amazing manager but because I don't think we'd be able to find many qualified candidates who would be willing to work under the current ownership.

Fed up of hearing this!!! Heard it all last season. I know for one thing, if the problems were sorted behind the scenes (if there are any) we still wouldn't be winning football games with lambert here. We need change and unfortunately at the moment its gotta start with changing the manager. There will be not regrets trying someone else, I certainly don't think we will be crying for him back!!

Fed up of hearing this!!! Heard it all last season. I know for one thing, if the problems were sorted behind the scenes (if there are any) we still wouldn't be winning football games with lambert here. We need change and unfortunately at the moment its gotta start with changing the manager. There will be not regrets trying someone else, I certainly don't think we will be crying for him back!!

If there are any? I think it's blatantly obvious that Villa have problems that extend beyond the manager.

Of course we need change, but I think it first needs to start with the ownership.

Is Moyes still on the Man U payroll earning silly money or did he get a fixed sum when he was fired?

(As always I rather we looked outside the UK if we're hiring a new manager)

might be wrong but I dont think any foreign manager with no UK mnagerial experience has ever saved a team in a relegation battle on a mid season appointment. look at Solskjaer and Magath last season

Pocahontas at Southampton did.

Pepe Mel at the Stripey Filth last season.  Antonio van Pulissimo at Palace.....

Southamtpon weren't in a relegation battle when Pochettino took over, although he undoubtedly did improve them.

Pepe Mel is a terrible example to use though.

Depends how you define relegation battle i guess.

They were 15th after 22 games played, 3 points above Wigan & Reading in 18th/19th

Lambert is not able to get the best out of the players, that is obvious, but I do think we will be safe enough this season as long as our best players are fit at the same time. I'm not saying Lambert should stay, but I don't think things will be so bad from a league position point of view that he will get the bullet.

If there are any? I think it's blatantly obvious that Villa have problems that extend beyond the manager.

Of course we need change, but I think it first needs to start with the ownership.

Its going to be much easier to start with the manager.

Lambert is not able to get the best out of the players, that is obvious, but I do think we will be safe enough this season as long as our best players are fit at the same time. I'm not saying Lambert should stay, but I don't think things will be so bad from a league position point of view that he will get the bullet.

Chap! Have you seen the stats for our goals scored this season. We won't win games if Lambert can't get some creativity out the team.

Think Fox is the best hope of getting rid of Lambert (If that's what people want) he's spoke of needing to have to work with the right people to push the brand forward and also of the football having to be right to attract more customers. I don't think anything will happen yet but if the form continues I really think Fox will push the issue.

But it's hard to second guess with the club being for sale, Randy might not want to give a new guy a contract when he could gone in the next 6 - 12 months.

Â