Paul Lambert

limpid

More likely than "it'll change nothing", which frankly is quite a black and white way of looking at it.

Nice try but no it isn't. If you take the view that there are bigger, deeper problems at the club (mainly the ownership) then why would simply changing the manager get rid of those problems with the ownership?

I said it would get rid of the shit football, which is not ownership. 

I know what you said.

Getting rid of Lambert wouldn't suddenly guarantee better football. It's important to remember that Lambert's Norwich actually played decent attacking football so even if we got a manager with a track record for it that wouldn't necessarily mean that they'd have the team playing better football here.

At this stage though I'm less concerned about the quality of football and more interested in goals and results. Unfortunately this wouldn't be guaranteed by getting rid of Lambert either.

Edited by Mantis

He may well turn it around and we probably will stay up. For what though? The same shit again next year? Lambert is not building something here, he's not implementing a style and approach that will benefit us long term. So even if he does turn it around and pick up a few results over the next few weeks, so what? Papering over a few cracks.

• Like 1

He may well turn it around and we probably will stay up. For what though? The same shit again next year? Lambert is not building something here, he's not implementing a style and approach that will benefit us long term. So even if he does turn it around and pick up a few results over the next few weeks, so what? Papering over a few cracks.

This is why I said I'm not in favour of keeping him in the long term.

Getting rid of Lambert wouldn't suddenly guarantee better football....

I'm less concerned about the quality of football and more interested in goals and results. Unfortunately this wouldn't be guaranteed by getting rid of Lambert either.

Honestly, I'm starting to think it would. The squad we have now is a comfortable midtable squad that should be able to score goals. We've got one of the most promising strikers in the world at the club, and we're set up to give him nothing at all. 

• Like 2

I agree which is why he should just go. I'd rather take the small gamble that it will be worse than just stick with this.

Getting rid of Lambert wouldn't suddenly guarantee better football....

I'm less concerned about the quality of football and more interested in goals and results. Unfortunately this wouldn't be guaranteed by getting rid of Lambert either.

Honestly, I'm starting to think it would. The squad we have now is a comfortable midtable squad that should be able to score goals. We've got one of the most promising strikers in the world at the club, and we're set up to give him nothing at all.

I actually don't think it would take a managerial genius to improve us.

It really does depend on what happens over the coming weeks. Not that I'm in favour of keeping him long term, but Lambert has managed to turn it around before (in his first season) so I don't think it's a given that we're going to carry on like this for the rest of the season.

....but turn what around? something you have already created....how Many times should any manager get to put right what he is instrumental in creating.

If it is Randy Lerners fault, why does the manager laud him at every opportunity, surely he would be discreet or reticent in his praise.

It really does depend on what happens over the coming weeks. Not that I'm in favour of keeping him long term, but Lambert has managed to turn it around before (in his first season) so I don't think it's a given that we're going to carry on like this for the rest of the season.

....but turn what around? something you have already created....how Many times should any manager get to put right what he is instrumental in creating.

If it is Randy Lerners fault, why does the manager laud him at every opportunity, surely he would be discreet or reticent in his praise.

Turn around bad form.

Please read the post. I never said "it's Lerner's fault" I said there are more problems at this club than just Lambert and Lerner is one of them.

At this stage though I'm less concerned about the quality of football and more interested in goals and results. Unfortunately this wouldn't be guaranteed by getting rid of Lambert either.

The mentality exhibited here is akin to me eating at a restaurant that continually serves up bad food but refusing to try any other restaurant on the basis that they might also serve up bad food.

That's a pretty flawed analogy. A restaurant is a lot different to a football club.

The mentality exhibited here is akin to me eating at a restaurant that continually serves up bad food but refusing to try any other restaurant on the basis that they might also serve up bad food.

That's a pretty flawed analogy. A restaurant is a lot different to a football club.

The principle is the same. You want us to stick with somebody who is into his third season of bad results on the basis that his successor might not do any better. I could make the argument that we should've kept McLeish on exactly the same basis.

The principle is the same. You want us to stick with somebody who is into his third season of bad results on the basis that his successor might not do any better. I could make the argument that we should've kept McLeish on exactly the same basis.

I've already explained my position and it's nowhere near as simplistic as you make out. For starters, I wouldn't be against getting rid of Lambert if we got new owners in who were willing to spend more.

I've already explained my position and it's nowhere near as simplistic as you make out. For starters, I wouldn't be against getting rid of Lambert if we got new owners in who were willing to spend more.

What about for main course?

The problem is that if he does manage to keep us up, Lerner will not get rid of him.

Turn around bad form.

Please read the post. I never said "it's Lerner's fault" I said there are more problems at this club than just Lambert and Lerner is one of them.

bad form... we took 10 points from the first 4 games....does our form dissipate that rapidly.

Â