Paul Lambert

limpid

Mantis - for some reason YOU are the one that is trying to make this a personal bitch match. It's been explained the reasoning behind the post - and a valid one at that. Question for you and anyone is "do the panel think that the Lambert contract extension is still a good move and for those that did at the time have they changed their mind and why?"

It's a fair debate to be had given that by a few peoples opinions that is the only thing now that is stopping the club ridding them selves of the clown

How am I?

So why not just simply ask people in general whether they think it was a good move rather than single people out? And I don't know why you keep asking me these questions. Read what's actually in my posts, not what you want them to say.

Actually no. Lerner controls what happens to Lambert - a few people on the internet aren't going to change that.

I may be wrong but I suspect the anti Lambert's are now much more than a few people on the internet.

For example it will be interesting to see how the half season ticket sales are going, and what the walk up attendance is at the weekend.

It is already clear to anyone looking around the ground after 80 minutes of any game that there is a decision facing randy.

I think you missed my point there. I never said those that were against Lambert were just a few people on the internet. By "a few people on the internet" I was referring to the few people who are still supporting him who according to drat are somehow stopping Lambert from getting sacked.

Edited by Mantis

DCJonah and Terrytini,  I'll PM you.

For me there is a mentality on here of attack and point score,  even though people may try and say there isnt or they arent,  they do it in a nice little clever way always trying to point score.  It's evident in some posts .

I'd write a great big long post about why I still support the manager,  why I still hold that opinion and some would then just use that as another way in which to point score ,  ridicule and attack.

Frankly i'm not up for that its childish and serves no purpose at all other than to carry out long held dislikes.

Hands up,  I'd still stick with him.

You're never actually going to say anything else after investing all of your credibility in claiming that he is our best manager in the last 30 years to be fair.

By that same token though he'd be slated if he did change his mind.

What Terrytini said. There is no shame in admitting you were wrong and others are usually quite receptive when you put your hands up and admit that.

• Like 1

You're never actually going to say anything else after investing all of your credibility in claiming that he is our best manager in the last 30 years to be fair.

What Terrytini said. There is no shame in admitting you were wrong and others are usually quite receptive when you put your hands up and admit that.

This is what I don't like - how it's framed as being about being "wrong" or "right". It isn't as simple as that. It implies that football is static and that things never change.

• Like 1

How's he going to rebuild his reputation working for an owner who will give him limited funds and wages?

Same way he built it I would imagine.
That's going from championship to that. Can't see him doing the same now. Better teams than us will give him the chance.
I'm confused. We are talking about Moyes.... who spent **** all at Everton over what? 10 years?

Villa would be ideal for him.

We're talking about Moyes, who had the biggest job in the world and failed. I don't think at this stage in his career he's going to take on another 10 yr challenge at a team with little ambition. I may be wrong though. I guess we'll see where Moyes ends up.

Can anyone name these clubs better than us who will give Moyes a job?

I have no idea about the current thinking of any of the owners in the premier league so not sure what you expect anyone to say. What I will say is that I think Moyes would rather wait than accept a job working under Lerner.[/quote

The point is none of the top 6 are looking or likely to look for a new manger anytime soon. If Moyes wants back into football as he says he does he's going to have to lower his expectations. You dont normally get jobs when clubs are on the up. I have no idea what Moyes is thinking or what other premier league chairman are thinking but there arent many options for Moyes in the Prem at the minute and we are as likely an option as any. A couple of crap seasons doesn't make a club. With a good manager we could easily be top 10 and with backing knocking on top 6 again.

This is what I don't like - how it's framed as being about being "wrong" or "right". It isn't as simple as that. It implies that football is static and that things never change.

Stating that Paul Lambert is our best manager in the last 30 years is something that most people would deem as wrong based on his performance so far.

Stating that Paul Lambert is our best manager in the last 30 years is something that most people would deem as wrong based on his performance so far.

I wasn't talking about individual statements like that (which yes you can describe as wrong or right) but rather support/lack of support for a manager in general.

Mantis - for some reason YOU are the one that is trying to make this a personal bitch match. It's been explained the reasoning behind the post - and a valid one at that. Question for you and anyone is "do the panel think that the Lambert contract extension is still a good move and for those that did at the time have they changed their mind and why?"

It's a fair debate to be had given that by a few peoples opinions that is the only thing now that is stopping the club ridding them selves of the clown

How am I?

So why not just simply ask people in general whether they think it was a good move rather than single people out? And I don't know why you keep asking me these questions. Read what's actually in my posts, not what you want them to say.

Actually no. Lerner controls what happens to Lambert - a few people on the internet aren't going to change that.

I may be wrong but I suspect the anti Lambert's are now much more than a few people on the internet.

For example it will be interesting to see how the half season ticket sales are going, and what the walk up attendance is at the weekend.

It is already clear to anyone looking around the ground after 80 minutes of any game that there is a decision facing randy.

I think you missed my point there. I never said those that were against Lambert were just a few people on the internet. By "a few people on the internet" I was referring to the few people who are still supporting him who according to drat are somehow stopping Lambert from getting sacked.
mantis i never said that at all

I wasn't talking about individual statements like that (which yes you can describe as wrong or right) but rather support/lack of support for a manager in general.

Well I was talking about the individual statement and how I believe such a bold and grandiose claim has shaped the said poster's backing of the manager henceforth.

What if I still have the opinion that I support the manager and that I do not think I am "wrong" to use your term .  Am I to believe that the converse of your post applies,  that there is shame in that and the only redemption I can get is bowing to a different opinion than I hold?

At this stage I still have support for the manager.  That is a stance I am entitled to hold ,  there is no shame in that either.

• Like 3

Could you explain what you meant by this then?

by a few peoples opinions that is the only thing now that is stopping the club ridding them selves of the clown

Mantis - with all due respect sir - you are not reading a single post without some pre conceived idea of what is being said. The post you you chose that tiny portion of to quote is clearly about the fact that many on here and other forums etc - and maybe even you? - are saying that Lambert wont be sacked because of his 4 year contract. If you have misunderstood that then so be it, apology accepted, if you still maintain it means something different then so be it and I will leave you to continue doing whatever you want on what is quite a good debate on the merits of Lambert or lack of them

Admitting you were / are wrong is a great trait - shame that more politicians wont do that :-) - and I certainly hold my hands up and say that at the beginning I was 110% behind Lambert. oh how wrong I was

Could you explain what you meant by this then?

by a few peoples opinions that is the only thing now that is stopping the club ridding them selves of the clown

Mantis - with all due respect sir - you are not reading a single post without some pre conceived idea of what is being said. The post you you chose that tiny portion of to quote is clearly about the fact that many on here and other forums etc - and maybe even you? - are saying that Lambert wont be sacked because of his 4 year contract. If you have misunderstood that then so be it, apology accepted, if you still maintain it means something different then so be it and I will leave you to continue doing whatever you want on what is quite a good debate on the merits of Lambert or lack of them

So you think that people on the internet who say Lambert won't be sacked is what's stopping Lambert from being sacked? That's basically what I said earlier.

What if I still have the opinion that I support the manager and that I do not think I am "wrong" to use your term .  Am I to believe that the converse of your post applies,  that there is shame in that and the only redemption I can get is bowing to a different opinion than I hold?

At this stage I still have support for the manager.  That is a stance I am entitled to hold ,  there is no shame in that either.

Indeed you are and I was merely challenging your stance, which is the basic purpose of a forum I believe.

As for 'being wrong', I was referring specifically to your claim that Lambert is the best manager we've had in the last 30 years. Do you still believe this? If yes, then may I ask your reasoning as to why?

Mantis - please stop this stupidity now.

""do the panel think that the Lambert contract extension is still a good move and for those that did at the time have they changed their mind and why?"

It's a fair debate to be had given that by a few peoples opinions that is the only thing now that is stopping the club ridding them selves of the clown"

The post is there - it was about the fact that many are claiming that sacking Lambert wont happen because he has a contract extension, simple as that

• Like 1

Â