Paul Lambert

limpid

I'm not sure that will really solve much with Lerner still here.

It could solve enough for this squad not to be in relegation battles, because it really shouldn't be

Randy might not want to give a new guy a contract when he could gone in the next 6 - 12 months.

It won't be Randy's problem then

Of course it's easier, but I'm not sure that will really solve much with Lerner still here.

Well, it'll solve the shit football served up.

That would be entirely dependent on who his replacement was and whether he was able to actually gets us scoring and winning again.

Randy might not want to give a new guy a contract when he could gone in the next 6 - 12 months.

It won't be Randy's problem then

Not sure if he wants the hassle, to be honest I think that's the only reason he gave Lambert an extension, to save him the bother of looking for a replacement.

Edited by useless

Where is the manager that we took from Norwich?

Where is the attacking exciting play we were expecting?

I watched 300 Rise of an empire last night and there was a phrase which summed it all up for me:

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

Stop being paralysed by your own fear and have a f***ing go, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a quote in a Rise Against song from a movie I dont know that mocks this point.

"What you don't understand is that it's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" "But you have it backwards? It's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees"

Completely off topic but I thought I'd throw that in. I don't see how the quote relates to a manager of a football club anyway but I like it.

The quote isn't wrong. It's saying I'd rather end up giving it a go and failing than not bothering doing anything and just surviving with nothing to live for.

Which is exactly what we seem to be doing every week.

Lambert is not able to get the best out of the players, that is obvious, but I do think we will be safe enough this season as long as our best players are fit at the same time. I'm not saying Lambert should stay, but I don't think things will be so bad from a league position point of view that he will get the bullet.

Chap! Have you seen the stats for our goals scored this season. We won't win games if Lambert can't get some creativity out the team.

I do expect us to score again this season.

More likely than "it'll change nothing", which frankly is quite a black and white way of looking at it.

Nice try but no it isn't. If you take the view that there are bigger, deeper problems at the club (mainly the ownership) then why would simply changing the manager get rid of those problems with the ownership?

More likely than "it'll change nothing", which frankly is quite a black and white way of looking at it.

Nice try but no it isn't. If you take the view that there are bigger, deeper problems at the club (mainly the ownership) then why would simply changing the manager get rid of those problems with the ownership?

It's highly unlikely that the boardroom issues are causing the lack of tactics and decent use of the ball. That's all down to the manager. Yes, maybe he's not been able to buy the players he wanted, or had to let some go he wanted to keep or whatever, BUT that squad should be comfortable in the Premier League and able to pass the ball to each other reliably

• Like 1

There are more problems at this club than just Lambert.

....so let's make a start.

The problem is that under the current circumstances I can't really see getting rid of Lambert as doing that much good, not because I think he's some sort of amazing manager but because I don't think we'd be able to find many qualified candidates who would be willing to work under the current ownership.

I do...if Fox can be lured from a decent job at arsenal and a high profile name like Roy Keane can be lured to play second fiddle to Lambert....getting a decent manager for us would be a doddle.

You can't keep blaming issues behind the scenes. Those issues probably mean we won't attract a top manager but there's no way that means we can't do better than we are. There is no point just keeping him, that's just giving up IMO. We need a change.

• Like 3

It's highly unlikely that the boardroom issues are causing the lack of tactics and decent use of the ball. That's all down to the manager. Yes, maybe he's not been able to buy the players he wanted, or had to let some go he wanted to keep or whatever, BUT that squad should be comfortable in the Premier League and able to pass the ball to each other reliably

Too true. Lerner may have an awful lot to answer for but he has no control of the team selection, the formation and the tactics. The dire football served up for over 2 seasons is purely down to the ineptitude of the manager. Even with fiscal constraints a decent manager could get this team playing better and achieving better results.

• Like 2

I think people are misinterpreting my posts a little bit. I'm not saying our problems are all down to the owner because that obviously isn't true, at this stage of the season however I just don't think getting rid of Lambert would do much good over all. Yes it may help to solve some problems but it could also create others.

I think people are misinterpreting my posts a little bit. I'm not saying our problems are all down to the owner because that obviously isn't true, at this stage of the season however I just don't think getting rid of Lambert would do much good over all. Yes it may help to solve some problems but it could also create others.

It'll all boil down to whether it looks like Lambert can actually turn it around or not. The next 3 games will be telling. If we lose them all, or only pick up a point, there should be absolutely no alternative than for the manager to go.

I genuinely don't think any other manager at the top end of the game could do any worse right now... and I don't think they'd need to spend a penny to get a much better points and goals per game return than Lambert

It really does depend on what happens over the coming weeks. Not that I'm in favour of keeping him long term, but Lambert has managed to turn it around before (in his first season) so I don't think it's a given that we're going to carry on like this for the rest of the season.

Lambert may have 'turned it around' before and saved us from relegation by the skin of our teeth but there is only so many times you can play 'chicken on the motorway'.

Coventry flirted with relegation for years but eventually they were caught out and there has been no coming back. I don't want us to end up like them.

• Like 2

We're Aston Villa, the only thing you know for sure about us that you really have no idea what's going to happen in the next game. We could play Chelsea off the park or get hammered by Burnley. That's part of the problem, but like you I'm drawing close to the end of my patience, but not quite there yet. Ultimately, I think at this stage I want Lambert out of the club, but I'd much rather do it in any given summer than mid-season. If if looks like he can keep us up, then I'm happy enough to let him see out the season and then get rid. If he could get us safe by early April, I'd even be happy enough to see him relieved of his job the evening after he get's the point that keeps us up to be honest

I said it would get rid of the shit football, which is not ownership. 

We had years and years of strife with HDE, constant running battles with him, disruptive shareholders meetings for a generation, protest marches, gatherings with Carl chin and Jon fear,we finally got rid....what has changed.

Managers are the catalyst of success or failure, owners are just cosmetic necessary evils that just stomp up the cash for managers to prove that they are successful or failures....that's the game. Randy has been burnt, but it's his call he's not chosen well.

If they were alive.....what would cloughie, revie, Shankly, stein, busby, say about owners....do many folk know who their paymasters were....no thought not.

Never thought randy was blameless....but would those guys above be blaming him for what we are subjected to watch.

AVFC have just sent me a text re: tickets for the spurs game.

I wish I could text them back.

I do text it back and screenshot it :).

Think you then get a call trying to sell them.

I usually put: 'I'd rather stand and have my eyes pierced'

• Like 1

Â