Paul Lambert

limpid

Something I've seen from everyone after reading through all these threads and has just suddenly hit me. How much this f****** hurts. I don't think the chairman, the manager, the players or even the kit man knows how much this means to us, how much the villa means to us, and how devastated we all are at how far we've fallen. How many of us watch the villa play shit, whinge and whine and then come the weekend, we're behind the team again, excited and hoping for a win purely because we love them so much. Watching last nights performance was heart breaking because I now have completely lost all the optimism I've clung onto, and I genuinely believe this is the season we go, and I've loved watching my team in the premier league since I was a kid. We have a chairman who has a plaything that he thinks he can make a quick buck out of every now and then. A manager who seems to be clinging to the hope that he can really prove himself at this level instead of finally admitting he is out of ideas, and a group of completely uninspired players, who just don't seem as hurt as they should be at losing all the bastard time. I don't want us to be the new Leeds, a has been team in the championship who everybody has forgotten about. I can only hope that something, somehow will change before we inevitably go down and never come back. I just want my Villa back.

• Like 1

It's his opinion though. As for looking at what is happening, he is doing the same and forming his own opinion. It does not make it black and white, it makes it personal to him - and perhaps shared by others.

Wow, I didn't realise it was his opinion - thanks for pointing that out to me.

In all seriousness, I don't see how it changes anything?

Because he is entitled to it and doesn't need to be told that everything is black and white. I think we all know things are not black and white.

Just like Mantis is entitled to his, and shouldn't be told to stop making excuses or whatever other patronizing b.s.

• Like 1

It's his opinion though. As for looking at what is happening, he is doing the same and forming his own opinion. It does not make it black and white, it makes it personal to him - and perhaps shared by others.

Wow, I didn't realise it was his opinion - thanks for pointing that out to me.

In all seriousness, I don't see how it changes anything?

Because he is entitled to it and doesn't need to be told that everything is black and white. I think we all know things are not black and white.

Just like Mantis is entitled to his, and shouldn't be told to stop making excuses or whatever other patronizing b.s.

Well if you're gonna go round labeling people black and white thinkers etc then I think you've got to accept some "patronizing bs" in return, people in glass houses and that.

Although to be honest, in my opinion at least, it's not as if the excuses line is without merit there does seem to be certain posters who will argue for arguments sake, no matter what happens there always seems to be a mitigating circumstance.

So according to Howard Hodgson on Twitter,PL and the Club have a 1 year compensation Clause either way in PL's new contract.I sincerely hope this c̶l̶u̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶  i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶  guy goes as soon as possible.I accept and acknowledge he has it difficult working under the financial restrictions set by RL,but we have been unfortunately witnessing for much too long,cowardly,negative and dour performances and results.PL's time is up,he simply has to go.

Edited by Villafanalways

So according to Howard Hodgson on Twitter,PL and the Club have a 1 year compensation Clause either way in PL's new contract.I sincerely hope this c̶l̶u̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶  i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶  guy goes as soon as possible.I accept and acknowledge he has it difficult working under the financial restrictions set by RL,but we have been unfortunately witnessing for much too long,cowardly,negative and dour performances and results.PL's time is up,he simply has to go.

Here's the rub, as I see it: Yes - Lambert needs to go. But Lerner needs to follow him.

I can't trust Lerner to get the next appointment right.

Hi Ozvillafan,i totally agree.Both need to go.Both are woefully out of their depths in each of their respective positions.It infuriated and despaired me when PL was given that new contract recently.Ultimately though,as much as I dislike everything about how PL set us up,performances/results etc. the blame lies more with RL,we have become irrelevant under him.It's painful witnessing our demise under him.I look forward so much to when he goes and i'm desperate for that to happen as soon as possible,even though that doesn't look very likely at present sadly.

Just how bad does it need to get before he gets the sack?

I cant see us beating spurs, I cant see us scoring against spurs, were in a very bad way no doubt about that and it ain't gonna change under lambert

Spurs are the least of our worries in the coming games.Sothampton and West Ham from what I have seen of them are going to batter us.

No goals in the whole of October.Pathetic ..Harry is a shit manager but even he knows how to make subs to change a game.Lambert seems to follow the MON school of not subbing till 70 mins ..

As for defensive mistakes news flash Paul we have been like this for 99% of your time as manager it doesnt matter what line up or players you play.

Qpr where shocking and yet still beat us with relative ease at no point where they in any danger.We could of been out there for another 90 mins and still not score.

the scary thing is, i thought our hard fixtures was over. But the way were playing i cant see us beating tottenham, west ham or southampton. Next game we will have with a reasonable chance of winning is on the 29th of november against burnley. This is well depressive. We need to grab as many points as possible before march as our last fixtures are pretty hard so i wouldnt count on us picking up many points, maybe its just better getting someone in as soon as possible rather than waiting until its too late.

I don't see what was really wrong with how we were set up yesterday - I think the players were more to blame than Lambert.

Yup, they wasted a shiteload of possession in the end. some terrible crosses and final passes. we could have easily won that on another day!

I don't see what was really wrong with how we were set up yesterday - I think the players were more to blame than Lambert.

Yup, they wasted a shiteload of possession in the end. some terrible crosses and final passes. we could have easily won that on another day!

We actually didn't play terribly at all in the beginning stages, we just let ourselves down with some pathetic schoolboy individual errors!

What I respected about Lambert in his first season was his ability to take a team of mostly mediocre unknowns and make them stronger than the sum of their parts. I don't think many managers could have brought that young fragile team back from the 8-0 defeat at Chelsea (and the losses that followed) and steeled them for a great escape. But since then, he's had two full seasons, three full summer transfer windows -- this team is his now. I don't even think it's that bad a squad -- when I look at other teams in the league and I look at our players, I think we should be able to manage at least mid-table. He is somehow now making the team less than the sum of their parts.

I wasn't concerned about the results vs. Arsenal, Chelsea, City, even Everton. I was concerned by our performances in those losses, but I know our season won't be defined by losing to Chelsea. I was telling myself that we got good results against the "teams around us" in our first month, plus one scalp at Anfield, so I wasn't getting carried away by the four straight losses -- QPR will be the real test, I told myself.

Today has a real last straw feel to it for me. If we can't beat the worst team in the league -- and that's not some false position, either, those guys SUCK. We are stronger than them in just about every position. They are horrible players who played horribly, and they beat us comfortably. I don't mind losing. But I mind not trying. I mind lack of effort and lack of heart. That is down to the manager, it starts and ends with him. I don't see us escaping from this downward spiral unless there's change, and it has to come from the top.

Edited by heid3ster
  • Like 2

We have been set up very similarly to yesterday many times in the past,it didn't work in the past and it didn't work again last night.I'm genuinely not trying to be condescending here,but it's admirable of you and others trying to defend PL,he has had it tough here,but he is simply out of his depth managing us.His cowardly tactics of consistently sitting back against most opponents are not deserving of our great club and he is simply embarrassing us fans with some absolutely despairing performances that have happened under his tenure.

But we were set up the same as every other game. And most of the time we lose and don't score many. So while we did have more of the ball, against the worst team in the league, we still were set up in a way that clearly doesn't work for this team. And now into his 3rd year players he signed and coached, still can't so simple things.

• Like 1

so can you ignore the rubbish of the past two and a half years? Are you still confident in lamberts ability to improve things? Genuine question because the point seems that you are making is that again we cannot look at lambert and again it's another deflection excuse

Â