Paul Lambert

limpid

Is it possible the Culverhouse debarcle may have something to do with the Benteke injury. I mean Kozak Breaks his leg then benteke his Achlies. Maybe Lambert started to disagree with the coaching methods, seeing that 2 of his most important players have aquired long term injuries. Lambert may have asked him to tone down the training a little.

• Like 2

If what Trent is saying is true, then what is needed here is a candid interview with Lambert. Karsa and Culverhouse may well (and hopefully) be done here, so why not come out and explain what the situation was like to the fans and provide a bit of clarity for once? Doing that will get more fans on side than some clichéd PR shite from Faulkner.

They haven't been dismissed yet, so would be completely inappropriate and unprofessional while they are suspended. If / when they are dismissed, there is always a chance it will end up at tribunal / in court so the club have to be very careful what's said. 

Very, very strange day for the club today. 

Hopefully, this might galvanise the players for the remaining games to put in some good performances. We just need to get over the finish line as fast as possible and then do what needs to be done in the summer.

• Like 1

Very, very strange day for the club today.

Hopefully, this might galvanise the players for the remaining games to put in some good performances. We just need to get over the finish line as fast as possible and then do what needs to be done in the summer.

Very much this.

The club is a mess and a joke at the moment.

This reminds me of the mess just before Lerner took over. The letter to Doug etc.

Something is definitely brewing.

So much is similar. Which just shows how bad Lerner has been for us to be in such a mess 8 years down the line.

'this doesn't jusitify the horrible season, his horrible tactics, horrible formations, the signing of Grant Holt, our worst home record in the clubs history. Just another excuse, still 100% Lambert out for me still I'm afraid.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 4

Is it possible the Culverhouse debarcle may have something to do with the Benteke injury. I mean Kozak Breaks his leg then benteke his Achlies. Maybe Lambert started to disagree with the coaching methods, seeing that 2 of his most important players have aquired long term injuries. Lambert may have asked him to tone down the training a little.

Excellent point. :thumb:

• Like 2

Still think/hope this is a desperate quick fix from the club to try and halt the freefall and that Lambert will be gone aswell when the season ends

I believe so too. I'd actually be very surprised if he was still our manager next season now.

Why wouldn't they sack him now if so?

£10 to VT he's still in charge next season. I'll cough up if he's not.

• Like 2

Still think/hope this is a desperate quick fix from the club to try and halt the freefall and that Lambert will be gone aswell when the season ends

I believe so too. I'd actually be very surprised if he was still our manager next season now.

I may be confused here but aren't you £10 down either way?

• Like 2

Who knows , It's Aston Villa we're talking about so logic is out the window.

Maybe they thought it would be too big a gamble and be too disruptive or that they didn't have anyone to fill the slot during the last games of the season?

Maybe he's getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning

Wtf Lambert now 3-1 to get sacked next. He was 30-1 a couple of weeks ago. I'm gonna have to dig up the posts ridiculing me for saying he would be sacked ;)

I expect that's because the bookies (and a lot of punters it would seem) think that this means Lambert will soon be on his way out. Think about it, from the outside looking in it very much does look that way. Obviously we know more about the inner workings of Villa and if what the likes of Trent said are true then I don't think this undermines Lambert's position at all.

I'm sure you're looking forward to Saturday, if only to see your team lose, so that you can call for the managers head again.

Haha love these posts. Proven wrong so try to make personal digs. That's a shame.
Where was I proven wrong?

It's funny how you ignore questions that are asked of you, and select one part of a quote that you feel you can pick apart (with further pathetic digs that have become your trademark).

Your complete faith in Lambert all season.

Who started with a personal dig?

I didn't, so, you?

I’ve never claimed to be an ITK and I’m not going to start now but from time to time I've heard things from very reliable people, and as some of my posts in this thread have suggested I've heard a bit in relation to events today and leading to them.

I received information only two days ago specifically mentioning the phrase “the enemy within” then I think it’s only fair to assume my friend (who knows one of the players very well) has fairly accurate information.

I know everyone will have their own opinions and own theories behind events today but this what he had to say about what has gone on. Some think its Lambert being undermined and pushed out, others that he is next. Well what I've been told might clear-up a lot of the speculation.

I'm told Culverhouse and Karsa were hated by everyone at the football club but especially the first-team players. There have been problems for some time and Lambert wanted to sack Culverhouse when he had a run-in with a fan but wasn’t given approval by the board to do so. At the time Lambert got stick over that but by the sounds of it he was as annoyed as some fans at the time.

His training methods have been terrible as if he wanted to the team to perform badly. Very hard to believe I know but that is what has been said.

Karsa thought he was Mr Big at the football club and was constantly ultra critical of the players and mouthed off at Paul Faulkner on several occasions for not releasing more money for new players.

They are both last in the training ground and first out while Lambert is there from 8am until 6pm almost every day. They also refused to move to Birmingham.

People seem to think Lambert has had Given forced on him and that he was part of the infamous bomb squad, neither are true. Lambert never once fell-out with Shay Given. Even although he wasn’t playing, a mixture of which was down to his wages but also Lambert preferred Guzan, they always got on extremely well. Given always trained with the first-team and was never ever considered to one of the ‘Bomb squad’.

Lambet has always had a good relationship with Sid Cowans. By all accounts Lambert never missed a reserve or youth game and is very supportive (although doesn’t think it’s fair to blood them when the team are under so much pressure) but will play some of them once we are safe.

Everyone at BMH was informed of the news this morning and training today was better than before and the players clapped Lambert on to the pitch. Lambert was “very hands-on” which wasn’t always the case and that is to continue now.

Vlaar and one or two senior players spoke to the rest of the team and everyone is desperate to get results for Lambert. They also told Faulkner they will prove that in the coming games at a meeting today.

So as much as all this is pretty crazy stuff to take in, if the above information is true and if you look at my previous posts on this particular subject accurate it has been, then this might actually be a turning point.

We will have to wait and see I guess starting with the next game. I don't expect this to instantly change peoples views or for some to change their views at all,  that is fair enough people are entitled to their opinions.  But don't attack me for sharing this it even if you think its a load of rubbish. I'm just sharing what I've been told and given who its come from what I believe.

Lets hope this change signals a change in fortunes.

Infinite thanks for sharing this. Now the pessimists on here can finally can it at least til the end of the season I hope.

• Like 1

Â