Paul Lambert

limpid

Wtf Lambert now 3-1 to get sacked next. He was 30-1 a couple of weeks ago. I'm gonna have to dig up the posts ridiculing me for saying he would be sacked ;)

I expect that's because the bookies (and a lot of punters it would seem) think that this means Lambert will soon be on his way out. Think about it, from the outside looking in it very much does look that way. Obviously we know more about the inner workings of Villa and if what the likes of Trent said are true then I don't think this undermines Lambert's position at all.

True but I'll still be amazed if he still in charge at the start of next season.

Does it really explain why they played so well against Chelsea and so gash against Stoke, Man Utd, Fulham and Palace?

Whether true or not I don't know but I am struggling to see what Culverhouse could gain by employing drab training methods designed to make the team play poorly.

Something could have come to a head in the week after the chelsea game. Something that meant they weren't well prepared and that worried them. Once Stoke scored they fell to pieces, perhaps there was an over reaction, and if the bullying stories are true then perhaps someone got a bit over the top after the Stoke result and rinse and repeat. Everything gathering steam the more the results got worse until something had to give.

Positives are that the club and Lambert appear to be standing by Sid, which in turn means standing by the youth policy and growing our own players. Negatives are that (obvioulsy all this is assuing that Trent's source's feelings are right) Lambert did not have the power to resolve this how he wanted to. In a set up without a director of football, the buck has to stop with Lambert on what is best for the first team, Faulkner shouldn't be standing in the way of permanently drawing a line under it.

Longer term, you'd think it would be difficult for Lambert to carry on if his chosen backroom staff have been outed as bullies. He's not had any success without those two and it will take all the backing of the players and the remaining coaching staff for Lambert to be abke to carry on here. 

I’ve never claimed to be an ITK and I’m not going to start now but from time to time I've heard things from very reliable people, and as some of my posts in this thread have suggested I've heard a bit in relation to events today and leading to them.

I received information only two days ago specifically mentioning the phrase “the enemy within” then I think it’s only fair to assume my friend (who knows one of the players very well) has fairly accurate information.

I know everyone will have their own opinions and own theories behind events today but this what he had to say about what has gone on. Some think its Lambert being undermined and pushed out, others that he is next. Well what I've been told might clear-up a lot of the speculation.

I'm told Culverhouse and Karsa were hated by everyone at the football club but especially the first-team players. There have been problems for some time and Lambert wanted to sack Culverhouse when he had a run-in with a fan but wasn’t given approval by the board to do so. At the time Lambert got stick over that but by the sounds of it he was as annoyed as some fans at the time.

His training methods have been terrible as if he wanted to the team to perform badly. Very hard to believe I know but that is what has been said.

Karsa thought he was Mr Big at the football club and was constantly ultra critical of the players and mouthed off at Paul Faulkner on several occasions for not releasing more money for new players.

They are both last in the training ground and first out while Lambert is there from 8am until 6pm almost every day. They also refused to move to Birmingham.

People seem to think Lambert has had Given forced on him and that he was part of the infamous bomb squad, neither are true. Lambert never once fell-out with Shay Given. Even although he wasn’t playing, a mixture of which was down to his wages but also Lambert preferred Guzan, they always got on extremely well. Given always trained with the first-team and was never ever considered to one of the ‘Bomb squad’.

Lambet has always had a good relationship with Sid Cowans. By all accounts Lambert never missed a reserve or youth game and is very supportive (although doesn’t think it’s fair to blood them when the team are under so much pressure) but will play some of them once we are safe.

Everyone at BMH was informed of the news this morning and training today was better than before and the players clapped Lambert on to the pitch. Lambert was “very hands-on” which wasn’t always the case and that is to continue now.

Vlaar and one or two senior players spoke to the rest of the team and everyone is desperate to get results for Lambert. They also told Faulkner they will prove that in the coming games at a meeting today.

So as much as all this is pretty crazy stuff to take in, if the above information is true and if you look at my previous posts on this particular subject accurate it has been, then this might actually be a turning point.

We will have to wait and see I guess starting with the next game. I don't expect this to instantly change peoples views or for some to change their views at all, that is fair enough people are entitled to their opinions. But don't attack me for sharing this it even if you think its a load of rubbish. I'm just sharing what I've been told and given who its come from what I believe.

Lets hope this change signals a change in fortunes.

Infinite thanks for sharing this. Now the pessimists on here can finally can it at least til the end of the season I hope.

Haha what?

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Trent, I've only just read the post, and it sounds like everyone at the club is a lot happier now. Fingers crossed this helps our chances (and tactics!) against Southampton.

I’ve never claimed to be an ITK and I’m not going to start now but from time to time I've heard things from very reliable people, and as some of my posts in this thread have suggested I've heard a bit in relation to events today and leading to them.

I received information only two days ago specifically mentioning the phrase “the enemy within” then I think it’s only fair to assume my friend (who knows one of the players very well) has fairly accurate information.

I know everyone will have their own opinions and own theories behind events today but this what he had to say about what has gone on. Some think its Lambert being undermined and pushed out, others that he is next. Well what I've been told might clear-up a lot of the speculation.

I'm told Culverhouse and Karsa were hated by everyone at the football club but especially the first-team players. There have been problems for some time and Lambert wanted to sack Culverhouse when he had a run-in with a fan but wasn’t given approval by the board to do so. At the time Lambert got stick over that but by the sounds of it he was as annoyed as some fans at the time.

His training methods have been terrible as if he wanted to the team to perform badly. Very hard to believe I know but that is what has been said.

Karsa thought he was Mr Big at the football club and was constantly ultra critical of the players and mouthed off at Paul Faulkner on several occasions for not releasing more money for new players.

They are both last in the training ground and first out while Lambert is there from 8am until 6pm almost every day. They also refused to move to Birmingham.

People seem to think Lambert has had Given forced on him and that he was part of the infamous bomb squad, neither are true. Lambert never once fell-out with Shay Given. Even although he wasn’t playing, a mixture of which was down to his wages but also Lambert preferred Guzan, they always got on extremely well. Given always trained with the first-team and was never ever considered to one of the ‘Bomb squad’.

Lambet has always had a good relationship with Sid Cowans. By all accounts Lambert never missed a reserve or youth game and is very supportive (although doesn’t think it’s fair to blood them when the team are under so much pressure) but will play some of them once we are safe.

Everyone at BMH was informed of the news this morning and training today was better than before and the players clapped Lambert on to the pitch. Lambert was “very hands-on” which wasn’t always the case and that is to continue now.

Vlaar and one or two senior players spoke to the rest of the team and everyone is desperate to get results for Lambert. They also told Faulkner they will prove that in the coming games at a meeting today.

So as much as all this is pretty crazy stuff to take in, if the above information is true and if you look at my previous posts on this particular subject accurate it has been, then this might actually be a turning point.

We will have to wait and see I guess starting with the next game. I don't expect this to instantly change peoples views or for some to change their views at all, that is fair enough people are entitled to their opinions. But don't attack me for sharing this it even if you think its a load of rubbish. I'm just sharing what I've been told and given who its come from what I believe.

Infinite thanks for sharing this. Now the pessimists on here can finally can it at least til the end of the season I hope.

Haha what?

Evidently you see yourself as a pessimist John

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Haha what?

Evidently you see yourself as a pessimist John

If I thought it was aimed at me or not is irrelevant. I don't get why that info would make those negative about the situation 'can it'

I wonder if the same people will kick off about fans being grouped? I doubt it.

Samjp did you take that £10 donation to VT bet?

Maybe a pm would be better?

No way. This has gotta be public as I was challenged. There would be no fun doing it in private.

I donate to VT every month, I liked your post as in I liked the gesture but sure. If Lambert ISN'T here at the start of next season, I'll donate £10

• Like 2

Still think/hope this is a desperate quick fix from the club to try and halt the freefall and that Lambert will be gone aswell when the season ends

I believe so too. I'd actually be very surprised if he was still our manager next season now.

Why wouldn't they sack him now if so?

£10 to VT he's still in charge next season. I'll cough up if he's not.

Perhaps the board wanted to prevent the perception of a crisis while some of the season was left? As I say earlier, even if we believe the stories about Lambert falling out with Culverhouse and siding with Sid, it doesn't explain why Karsa has been suspended too and why a member of the 'bomb-squad' has been appointed to the coaching staff.

Edited by Isa

I wonder if anyone gives a shit? I doubt it.

They seemed to when someone used the phrase 'Lambert supporter'

Guess that's different though.

Who's this 'they'? I saw a whole lot of naming going on, and I didn't see much complaining in relation to that.

Someone could say to you that I guess we won't hear you protecting the bullied/ ganged up on posters, now that the majority are picking apart another side of Lambert's management, aimed at the people who still think he can do a job here. Either argument is pointless, and just comes across as point scoring.

• Like 1

Given was never in the bomb squad regardless of the fact he wasn't picked, he never trained away from the first team like other players. There has never been an issue with Given or his attitude but people assumed he was in the same boat as others.

Samjp did you take that £10 donation to VT bet?

Maybe a pm would be better?
No way. This has gotta be public as I was challenged. There would be no fun doing it in private.

I donate to VT every month, I liked your post as in I liked the gesture but sure. If Lambert ISN'T here at the start of next season, I'll donate £10

Nice one. If he is at the club at the start of next season then I will donate £10 to VT.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Â