Paul Lambert

limpid

All good reasons but still why not take a more active role in day to day training? Why not relegate culverhouse to the youth team/bombsquad?d If sacking was too difficult there were other ways to deal with it. Instead it looks like we did nothing until this point which has left us in a dodgy position in terms of surviving.

Trent said Lambert has only today decided to be more hands on. If culverhouse has been disruptive for awhile that's a pretty weak decision from our manager.

He works for Lambert, he should be controlling the issue. No fuss moving players away so can't see why nothing was done earlier.

Sometimes you have to give someone enough rope. I've no idea what line of work you're in, but I've certainly seen situations where you'd have to apply similar principles to what has happened here. Employment law in this country is just as knackered as everything else.

Surely moving a coach from the first team squad is similar to moving a player from the first team squad. And like I said why not be there more. Lambert's the boss, if culverhouse is disrupting training and bullying players why isn't Lambert on the training ground every day to ensure it doesn't happen?

I don't know.  There must be a reason though.  We're privy to very few facts surrounding this.  Positive action has been taken.

Employment law in this country is just as knackered as everything else.

Really?

You can't just sack someone for being shit at their job any more can you.  You have give them action plans and written warnings and all that jazz before you can take other steps.

You have even a whiff that the first team coach you employed is training the players in such a way to ensure they will perform badly then as manager at the level Lambert is then the least you expect him to do is get that coach as far away from the first team as possible as quickly as possible.

This it seems has been going on for sometime. If what has been suggested is true and the training has been structured to ensure the team perform poorly then how many points and how much money has that, and could that, potentially cost us. We are not talking about minor issues here. We are talking about actions from a coach, and it seems a lack of action from a manager that could be the difference between Premier League football next season and playing in the Championship.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

What kind of manager (in any workplace environment) knows his assistant is disrupting and bullying his team and stays away from the situation on a regular basis?

I think that's terrible in any workplace environment.

What kind of person jumps to assumptions like that without having been present on any single occasion, or having had eyewitness accounts from anyone who was present?

I think that's terrible, even on an internet messageboard.

I'm going on what's been said like everyone else. Its OK to take positives from it but not to criticise?

What kind of manager (in any workplace environment) knows his assistant is disrupting and bullying his team and stays away from the situation on a regular basis?

Isn't this all conjecture?  What does Lambert do day-to-day, for example?  We haven't really got much of an idea surrounding the whole situation - it just smacks of mismanagement across the board.

Look, I don't have the answers to all these questions any more than anyone else on here does.  I was just trying to provide an alternative angle.  I know that's not necessarily welcome round these parts any more, what with some folk being all desperate to see a public flogging or something, so I'm going to go to bed.

Down with fair reasoning and rationality!

You have even a whiff that the first team coach you employed is training the players in such a way to ensure they will perform badly then as manager at the level Lambert is then the least you expect him to do is get that coach as far away from the first team as possible as quickly as possible

Exactly.

All good reasons but still why not take a more active role in day to day training? Why not relegate culverhouse to the youth team/bombsquad?d If sacking was too difficult there were other ways to deal with it. Instead it looks like we did nothing until this point which has left us in a dodgy position in terms of surviving.

Trent said Lambert has only today decided to be more hands on. If culverhouse has been disruptive for awhile that's a pretty weak decision from our manager.

He works for Lambert, he should be controlling the issue. No fuss moving players away so can't see why nothing was done earlier.

Sometimes you have to give someone enough rope. I've no idea what line of work you're in, but I've certainly seen situations where you'd have to apply similar principles to what has happened here. Employment law in this country is just as knackered as everything else.

Surely moving a coach from the first team squad is similar to moving a player from the first team squad. And like I said why not be there more. Lambert's the boss, if culverhouse is disrupting training and bullying players why isn't Lambert on the training ground every day to ensure it doesn't happen?

Nope... A players role and responsibilities would allow for this of necessity, the contract of employment would be set around the fact that roles can be changed from week to week etc. For a coach, roles are likely to be more defined around the first team and exacting. Sidelining would constitute a contractual breach with tribunal on the grounds of constructive dismissal possible - also would constitute a breach of implied terms (trust and confidence) going to the route of the contract - that however is two way and will be the defence used by AVFC should there be any tribunal, although I imagine, unless the club is unashamed or happy for linen to be aired in public would be settled out of court. 

Ive seen it loads of times - problems only surface when results dip - if someones a complete b*strd - the time to oust him isn't after a good set of sales results ! - So after 4 defeats on the spin....maybe someone made there move......the mirror are reporting complaints received and the club had to act.

I still think the club acted on the basis of results - Lambert stays until season end - with a better pay off if he keeps us up - Faulkner didn't quite want a rudderless ship in April \ May 

Look, I don't have the answers to all these questions any more than anyone else on here does.  I was just trying to provide an alternative angle.  I know that's not necessarily welcome round these parts any more, what with some folk being all desperate to see a public flogging or something, so I'm going to go to bed.

Down with fair reasoning and rationality!

Quite.

We should change the club name to Salem Villa.

Nope... A players role and responsibilities would allow for this of necessity, the contract of employment would be set around the fact that roles can be changed from week to week etc. For a coach, roles are likely to be more defined around the first team and exacting. Sidelining would constitute a contractual breach with tribunal on the grounds of constructive dismissal possible - also would constitute a breach of implied terms (trust and confidence) going to the route of the contract - that however is two way and will be the defence used by AVFC should there be any tribunal, although I imagine, unless the club is unashamed or happy for linen to be aired in public would be settled out of court. 

Boom!  There's a nail on the head right there.

I really AM going to bed now.

OK so why doesn't Lambert make himself more of a presence at training?

Â