Paul Lambert

limpid

Does it really explain why they played so well against Chelsea and so gash against Stoke, Man Utd, Fulham and Palace?

Whether true or not I don't know but I am struggling to see what Culverhouse could gain by employing drab training methods designed to make the team play poorly.

So the question is , why has Lambert been apparently backing these pair`s training methods and attitudes if the players have been so obviously pissed off with them ? Is Lambert the gaffer or not . More questions over Lamberts stance in this situation .

There have been problems for some time and Lambert wanted to sack Culverhouse when he had a run-in with a fan but wasn’t given approval by the board to do so. At the time Lambert got stick over that but by the sounds of it he was as annoyed as some fans at the time.

His training methods have been terrible as if he wanted to the team to perform badly. Very hard to believe I know but that is what has been said.

I have to question this. Why would he now be allowed to get rid of him but wasn't previously?

Also we've bombed out high paying players to stop a negative atmosphere around the first team so why would we allow the first team coach to do this for so long if it was having such a negative effect?

Wages and pay offs maybe?

Surely if he's intentionally making training bad you just get rid. Especially if its contributing so much to an abysmal season.

FFS the club is in turmoil and some people here are more interested in point scoring.

The club have acted and all we can do is help will the team across the line.  

Hopefully we will see signs of change in the summer.

I have seen things before where a manager brings along his own staff but they get all big bollocks and ruin it for him.  If it is correct that Lambert wanted them out then it was brave to admit you are wrong but questions must be asked why it took so long.

I will say I am a Lambert Supporter.  I think he hasn't been backed whether by the board or his coaching staff and I do believe he is fond of the club and respects the history.

Poyet said about a heart of darkness at Sunderland and it is has been the same at Villa for a few years.

So the question is , why has Lambert been apparently backing these pair`s training methods and attitudes if the players have been so obviously pissed off with them ? Is Lambert the gaffer or not . More questions over Lamberts stance in this situation .

He's worked with them successfully before and probably trusted them to do a similar job here. He is human afterall.

• Like 1

There have been problems for some time and Lambert wanted to sack Culverhouse when he had a run-in with a fan but wasn’t given approval by the board to do so. At the time Lambert got stick over that but by the sounds of it he was as annoyed as some fans at the time.

His training methods have been terrible as if he wanted to the team to perform badly. Very hard to believe I know but that is what has been said.

I have to question this. Why would he now be allowed to get rid of him but wasn't previously?

Also we've bombed out high paying players to stop a negative atmosphere around the first team so why would we allow the first team coach to do this for so long if it was having such a negative effect?

In the first question, because the problems haven't gone away they've got worse. I think I'm right in saying Pete Colley said on SSN earlier that the changes were the result of a signal issue but a culmination of several.

On the second question. I don't know to be honest. What I've posted is pretty much all of what I know or should I say I've been told.

I could speculate or give my theories but they would be just that and I don't want to mix that with what I posted previously which is a bit more than that.

I wouldn't want people mistaking my views with the information I'm passing on. Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

Re trents post and the part about wanting to sack Culverhouse after the fan altercation, i distinctly remember HH saying that lambert was furious with him for doing it.

as for the why did we persist with them when they were clearly hated, Aston villa paid a great deal of money to bring his backroom staff with him, i guess they had to give it time to see it could resolved

He's worked with them successfully before and probably trusted them to do a similar job here. He is human afterall.

Might be the case.

He's been working with them since 2006. Hard to tell them to bugger off.

Yes of course Lambert could disown them in the same sense when we've all disowned the mate who kicks off all the time when you go out on the p!ss i.e. better off without them. 

It could be more sinister than just bullying of course, but lets not go down that route. 

Edited by supernova26

Also Trent mentions that Lambert only started being more hands on today. Again if culverhouse was so bad and making training bad on purpose you have to question why Lambert stayed away.

A mix of trying to make things work as he (Lambert) was asked to do and things having got progressively worse.

Managers rarely, very rarely are the people who take training such are the many requirements on modern manager.

Being a good manager doesn't mean you are a good coach.

Out of all of this, I just hope that Saturday is something different than the normal Villa drab

Well I think the atmosphere will at least be better, which is a huge positive.

Also Trent mentions that Lambert only started being more hands on today. Again if culverhouse was so bad and making training bad on purpose you have to question why Lambert stayed away.

A mix of trying to make things work as he (Lambert) was asked to do and things having got progressively worse.

Managers rarely, very rarely are the people who take training such are the many requirements on modern manager.

Being a good manager doesn't mean you are a good coach.

I don't have a problem with him not taking training. But if the first team are so unhappy and training is purposefully being negative and its having a huge effect then surely he needs to have stepped in and been more of a prescence on the training ground.

Out of all of this, I just hope that Saturday is something different than the normal Villa drab

I'll be very surprised if this effects the atmosphere much. We go behind and lose and I think Lambert will get the same abuse.

I'll be very surprised if this effects the atmosphere much. We go behind and lose and I think Lambert will get the same abuse.

I think it's a bit of positive getting Sid in and getting rid of Culverhouse that will help. But I agree if we start badly not much will change.

Â