Paul Lambert

limpid

Is it possible the Culverhouse debarcle may have something to do with the Benteke injury. I mean Kozak Breaks his leg then benteke his Achlies. Maybe Lambert started to disagree with the coaching methods, seeing that 2 of his most important players have aquired long term injuries. Lambert may have asked him to tone down the training a little.

I may have things wrong but I believe Lambert has the job of "manager" so if one or two of his staff were doing things he didn't like, why didn't he, er..., manage them and make them stop? Waiting for months then suspending them might be seen as a bit weak.

At present all the info seeping out is coming from Lambert so we are not getting the full story (and probably never will) and there are many puzzling aspects to the case.

I may have things wrong but I believe Lambert has the job of "manager" so if one or two of his staff were doing things he didn't like, why didn't he, er..., manage them and make them stop? Waiting for months then suspending them might be seen as a bit weak.

At present all the info seeping out is coming from Lambert so we are not getting the full story (and probably never will) and there are many puzzling aspects to the case.

You raise a good point Briny.

Very interesting post from Trent which for me raises as many questions as it gives answers.

Lambert has known both Culverhouse and Karsa for a long time and they have worked alongside Lambert for 8 years. He must know them inside out. He is either a terrible judge of character or they must have had complete changes in personality for Culverhouse to turn into a bully who was hated by most of the first team squad and Karsa to be acting Billy big bollocks and clashing with Faulkner.

For Culverhouse to supposedly be hated by the players it would suggest it is more than the odd incident which has led to this. It makes you wonder how little time Lambert spends overseeing training if things have gone on for so long and to such an extent that the first team coach is hated by the players. It is not as though they have been trying to coach players they inherited that wouldn't accept the new training regime. Gabby and Delph are the only senior players that Lambert and co inherited that haven't been bombed out.

I am not sure how all this reflects on Lambert. At the very least it seems that he was unable to keep in line his apparently trusted lieutenants.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

You raise a good point Briny.

Very interesting post from Trent which for me raises as many questions as it gives answers.

Lambert has known both Culverhouse and Karsa for a long time and they have worked alongside Lambert for 8 years. He must know them inside out. He is either a terrible judge of character or they must have had complete changes in personality for Culverhouse to turn into a bully who was hated by most of the first team squad and Karsa to be acting Billy bollocks and clashing with Faulkner.

For Culverhouse to supposedly be hated by the players it would suggest it is more than the odd incident which has led to this. It makes you wonder how little time Lambert spends overseeing training if things have gone on for so long and to such an extent that the first team coach is hated by the players.

I am not sure how all this reflects on Lambert. At the very least it seems that he was unable to keep in line his apparently trusted lieutenants.

It smacks of total mismanagement at team management level and for that Lambert is culpable.

• Like 1

Maybe it's because it's a little more common in American sports, but it's not unusual for the head coach of a team to fire offensive coordinators or various other people that do the day to day management.

Yes, it's partially to deflect the blame and ultimately, the manager/head coach is responsible for all things in the team, but over here, it's not unusual for the manager/head coach to fire some of his coordinators or assistants from season to season. Sometimes, they really are doing a poor job.

Now, it's unusual to do it in the middle of the season, but it's not unheard of. I don't know. Maybe that's why I don't see it as such a huge deal

Wtf Lambert now 3-1 to get sacked next. He was 30-1 a couple of weeks ago. I'm gonna have to dig up the posts ridiculing me for saying he would be sacked ;)

I expect that's because the bookies (and a lot of punters it would seem) think that this means Lambert will soon be on his way out. Think about it, from the outside looking in it very much does look that way. Obviously we know more about the inner workings of Villa and if what the likes of Trent said are true then I don't think this undermines Lambert's position at all.

It's only skybet though that have a market open for next manager to be sacked and they just adjust odds to make a bs story more credible.

I’ve never claimed to be an ITK and I’m not going to start now but from time to time I've heard things from very reliable people, and as some of my posts in this thread have suggested I've heard a bit in relation to events today and leading to them.

I received information only two days ago specifically mentioning the phrase “the enemy within” then I think it’s only fair to assume my friend (who knows one of the players very well) has fairly accurate information.

I know everyone will have their own opinions and own theories behind events today but this what he had to say about what has gone on. Some think its Lambert being undermined and pushed out, others that he is next. Well what I've been told might clear-up a lot of the speculation.

I'm told Culverhouse and Karsa were hated by everyone at the football club but especially the first-team players. There have been problems for some time and Lambert wanted to sack Culverhouse when he had a run-in with a fan but wasn’t given approval by the board to do so. At the time Lambert got stick over that but by the sounds of it he was as annoyed as some fans at the time.

His training methods have been terrible as if he wanted to the team to perform badly. Very hard to believe I know but that is what has been said.

Karsa thought he was Mr Big at the football club and was constantly ultra critical of the players and mouthed off at Paul Faulkner on several occasions for not releasing more money for new players.

They are both last in the training ground and first out while Lambert is there from 8am until 6pm almost every day. They also refused to move to Birmingham.

People seem to think Lambert has had Given forced on him and that he was part of the infamous bomb squad, neither are true. Lambert never once fell-out with Shay Given. Even although he wasn’t playing, a mixture of which was down to his wages but also Lambert preferred Guzan, they always got on extremely well. Given always trained with the first-team and was never ever considered to one of the ‘Bomb squad’.

Lambet has always had a good relationship with Sid Cowans. By all accounts Lambert never missed a reserve or youth game and is very supportive (although doesn’t think it’s fair to blood them when the team are under so much pressure) but will play some of them once we are safe.

Everyone at BMH was informed of the news this morning and training today was better than before and the players clapped Lambert on to the pitch. Lambert was “very hands-on” which wasn’t always the case and that is to continue now.

Vlaar and one or two senior players spoke to the rest of the team and everyone is desperate to get results for Lambert. They also told Faulkner they will prove that in the coming games at a meeting today.

So as much as all this is pretty crazy stuff to take in, if the above information is true and if you look at my previous posts on this particular subject accurate it has been, then this might actually be a turning point.

We will have to wait and see I guess starting with the next game. I don't expect this to instantly change peoples views or for some to change their views at all,  that is fair enough people are entitled to their opinions.  But don't attack me for sharing this it even if you think its a load of rubbish. I'm just sharing what I've been told and given who its come from what I believe.

Lets hope this change signals a change in fortunes.

Thanks a lot, Trent. Bumping this in case others have not read.

• Like 2

It smacks of total mismanagement at team management level and for that Lambert is culpable.

For training methods to get to a point where according to Trents post it was as if Culverhouse wanted the team to perform badly then surely Lambert should have been hands on enough to realize this immediately and get Culverhouse either out the club or nowhere near the first team.

If what is being said by Trents source is true then for me the buck in all this stops with the manager. He wanted Karsa and Culverhouse, he trusted them and it was his job to manage them, ensure they followed his instructions and oversee things to a level where he could keep them in check. If you can't manage your right hand men then there is something seriously wrong. At the very least you'd want Lambert to ensure things didn't get to a point where you have your first team coach apparently employing training methods designed to ensure the team performed badly. If this is true then it is absolutely shocking.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

My take on it is that it reflects very badly on Lambert as it calls into question Lambert's judgement when selecting his coaching staff.  Lambert's failure to get the right people for the role has caused the club embarrassment at a time when the club really needed some positive news.

This comes after two poor transfer windows when Lambert's judgement for recruiting players and getting the players in the positions we needed them most has to be called into question.

Then there is the team formation, playing style and substitutions. All of which, on the whole, just not good enough.

Putting today's fiasco aside - Lambert out. Excuses out. Next manager in please!

• Like 1

For training methods to get to a point where according to Trents post it was as if Culverhouse wanted the team to perform badly then surely Lambert should have been hands on enough to realize this immediately and get Culverhouse either out the club or nowhere near the first team.

If what is being said by Trents source is true then for me the buck in all this stops with the manager. He wanted Karsa and Culverhouse, he trusted them and it was his job to manage them, ensure they followed his instructions and oversee things to a level where he could keep them in check. If you can't manage your right hand men then there is something seriously wrong. At the very least you'd want Lambert to ensure things didn't get to a point where you have your first team coach apparently employing training methods designed to ensure the team performed badly. If this is true then it is absolutely shocking.

Have to agree.

Like i said earlier you have to question why it went on for so long if it was causing such issues.

• Like 1

Have to agree.

Like i said earlier you have to question why it went on for so long if it was causing such issues.

Well it was also said that lambert wanted shot of them but was refused higher up

I’ve never claimed to be an ITK and I’m not going to start now but from time to time I've heard things from very reliable people, and as some of my posts in this thread have suggested I've heard a bit in relation to events today and leading to them.

I received information only two days ago specifically mentioning the phrase “the enemy within” then I think it’s only fair to assume my friend (who knows one of the players very well) has fairly accurate information.

I know everyone will have their own opinions and own theories behind events today but this what he had to say about what has gone on. Some think its Lambert being undermined and pushed out, others that he is next. Well what I've been told might clear-up a lot of the speculation.

I'm told Culverhouse and Karsa were hated by everyone at the football club but especially the first-team players. There have been problems for some time and Lambert wanted to sack Culverhouse when he had a run-in with a fan but wasn’t given approval by the board to do so. At the time Lambert got stick over that but by the sounds of it he was as annoyed as some fans at the time.

His training methods have been terrible as if he wanted to the team to perform badly. Very hard to believe I know but that is what has been said.

Karsa thought he was Mr Big at the football club and was constantly ultra critical of the players and mouthed off at Paul Faulkner on several occasions for not releasing more money for new players.

They are both last in the training ground and first out while Lambert is there from 8am until 6pm almost every day. They also refused to move to Birmingham.

People seem to think Lambert has had Given forced on him and that he was part of the infamous bomb squad, neither are true. Lambert never once fell-out with Shay Given. Even although he wasn’t playing, a mixture of which was down to his wages but also Lambert preferred Guzan, they always got on extremely well. Given always trained with the first-team and was never ever considered to one of the ‘Bomb squad’.

Lambet has always had a good relationship with Sid Cowans. By all accounts Lambert never missed a reserve or youth game and is very supportive (although doesn’t think it’s fair to blood them when the team are under so much pressure) but will play some of them once we are safe.

Everyone at BMH was informed of the news this morning and training today was better than before and the players clapped Lambert on to the pitch. Lambert was “very hands-on” which wasn’t always the case and that is to continue now.

Vlaar and one or two senior players spoke to the rest of the team and everyone is desperate to get results for Lambert. They also told Faulkner they will prove that in the coming games at a meeting today.

So as much as all this is pretty crazy stuff to take in, if the above information is true and if you look at my previous posts on this particular subject accurate it has been, then this might actually be a turning point.

We will have to wait and see I guess starting with the next game. I don't expect this to instantly change peoples views or for some to change their views at all,  that is fair enough people are entitled to their opinions.  But don't attack me for sharing this it even if you think its a load of rubbish. I'm just sharing what I've been told and given who its come from what I believe.

Very interesting - and a slightly upbeat version of events. Still confused how Lambert could turn so against someone that he has worked with for 8 year - buts its possible I suppose.

FWIW - I sit quite close to the pitch and my lad likes to watch the players warm up. We did this V Fulham - my observation was that IC (didn't see GK) was to friendly with the players - they were laughing etc - not a major concern - but mental note was 'shouldn't they bit a bit more serious before such an important game'

My own theory was that Faulkner + Lerner had to do something to try and stop the rot - they didn't fancy sacking Lambo so late into the season - but sacked his assistants - and told Lambert he will go at the end of the season - with a decent wedge if he keeps us up. - I still think its 90% certain Lambert won't be here next summer - Prem or not.

Today's occurrences at VP do nothing to improve Lambert's credibility with fans or competence as a manager. If anything they highlight the very grave shortcomings in his make up and his lack of the fundamental skill set required to manage a football team at any level.

If I were him I would be very worried about my job.

• Like 1

Very interesting - and a slightly upbeat version of events. Still confused how Lambert could turn so against someone that he has worked with for 8 year - buts its possible I suppose.

I don't get this, do people not change or fall out with one another? Been together 8yrs so they can never fall out or not work together anymore?

Perhaps they didn't fancy Brum, or didn't like the players any number of reasons so didn't really have it 100% being here.

Have to agree.

Well it was also said that lambert wanted shot of them but was refused higher up

If that is true you get Culverhouse as far away from the first team as possible. If you can't then as manager you get your arse out onto the training ground and oversee things to ensure that the first team coach you employed is not training the players you are ultimately responsible for in a way that is going to ensure they perform badly.

Have to agree.

If that is true you get Culverhouse as far away from the first team as possible. If you can't then as manager you get your arse out onto the training ground and oversee things to ensure that the first team coach you employed is not training the players you are ultimately responsible for in a way that is going to ensure they perform badly.

Exactly this. We've bombed players out the first team to keep the atmosphere positive why would you allow the man taking training to do this?

Lack of control from lambert and the board.

I don't get this, do people not change or fall out with one another? Been together 8yrs so they can never fall out or not work together anymore?

Perhaps they didn't fancy Brum, or didn't like the players any number of reasons so didn't really have it 100% being here.

Of course it happens .....just saying its unusual  

Â