Paul Lambert

limpid

"Paul Lambert's judgment has to be questioned now two close colleagues he has worked with at four clubs have been suspended. But I understand he wanted this.

"It may look as though Lambert is in deeper trouble after this, but I understand he has been fully supported by the owner Randy Lerner and the chief executive Paul Faulkner.

"A run of 15 points from the last 19 games would be enough ammunition for many owners to sack their manager, especially one who wants a fresh back-up team near the end of the season. But I hear Lerner remains fully behind Lambert."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27039466

If anyone is expecting a significant improvement in the team performances over the remaining 5 matches they may be setting themselves up for a bit of a disappointment.

You can't polish a turd and they aren't going to suddenly become a good team overnight.

Just read a good point on Twitter. If we do see a big improvement in performance and results then what are we paying Lambert for? If our results and performances re so effected by the backroom staff then that raises even more questions about his managerial ability.

as someone else said last page, not many managers take training sessions anymore, its a well known fact that Mon never took training and left it all to john Robertson (john carew said on the fantasy football club it wasn't uncommon for Mon to go and play golf in Spain between games). This season has fallen well below everyone's expectations, if this reshuffle has the desired effect then lambert should keep his job for me.

It's a bit bloody late.  He may or may not take all of training himself, but he's in charge of everything, so he takes the blame.

If Culverhouse is so unlikable and bad in his coaching it makes you ask why has Lambert had him as a right hand man for almost all his managerial career? A crazy day at Villa, but if it clears the air then so be it.

good cop bad cop maybe?

If anyone is expecting a significant improvement in the team performances over the remaining 5 matches they may be setting themselves up for a bit of a disappointment.

You can't polish a turd and they aren't going to suddenly become a good team overnight.

It's like the good performances never happened.

How many of them?

Not my point. My point is we are capable of performing and I don't think the current form is reflective of many of our player's ability.

Well here is my point:

The club has suspended two people who may have done something untoward. However, if it were that easy to transform the fortunes of a team then many other clubs would have done it and reaped the rewards.

Quite possibly the players will be happier but players are much happier when they are winning than when they are losing and if they are capable of performing better then surely they would do.

The fact is that there are a number of players in the team and squad (quite a few of them bought by Lambert) that are just not good enough for the Premier League and no amount of suspensions and/or sackings will make them any better.

If Culverhouse is so unlikable and bad in his coaching it makes you ask why has Lambert had him as a right hand man for almost all his managerial career? A crazy day at Villa, but if it clears the air then so be it.

good cop bad cop maybe?

What is Karsa then? Hairy cop?

• Like 1

Maybe he never adapted to life at a bigger club.

Of what Trent is saying is true then it looks to me as if Culverhouse and Karsa were not only constantly undermining Lambert but dare I say "workplace" bullying even him?

Does Lambert look like a weak man who would be bullied?

My theory is this:

The jobs been harder than they all thought, the crowd are increasingly getting more and more fed up and this probably put a lot of stress on their working relationship. Its reached a point where its broke down and culverhouse hasn't been professional about it. The board are not going to sack Lambert due to financial constraints and the fact he's happy surviving on the cheap. They replace his back room staff and move on.

• Like 2

If what Trent is saying is true, then what is needed here is a candid interview with Lambert. Karsa and Culverhouse may well (and hopefully) be done here, so why not come out and explain what the situation was like to the fans and provide a bit of clarity for once? Doing that will get more fans on side than some clichéd PR shite from Faulkner.

I'm sure you're looking forward to Saturday, if only to see your team lose, so that you can call for the managers head again.

Haha love these posts. Proven wrong so try to make personal digs. That's a shame.
Where was I proven wrong?

It's funny how you ignore questions that are asked of you, and select one part of a quote that you feel you can pick apart (with further pathetic digs that have become your trademark).

Your complete faith in Lambert all season.

Who started with a personal dig?

I'm sure you're looking forward to Saturday, if only to see your team lose, so that you can call for the managers head again.

Haha love these posts. Proven wrong so try to make personal digs. That's a shame.

It's funny how you ignore questions that are asked of you, and select one part of a quote that you feel you can pick apart (with further pathetic digs that have become your trademark).

How has it been proven wrong? If anything it's raised more uncertainty.

Maybe it's possible that Culverhouse/Karsa did something so bad that it terminated a long working relationship with Lambert. It's possible and potentially entirely their own making. It does not weaken the manager. If anything, he might be nipping a big issue in the bud. Just a theory, though.

• Like 2

When Lambert goes in the summer you all owe me a smiley face or something.

When his new deal is announced on the OS you can donate a tenner to VT

Deal?

Woh woh, you're not getting away with a smiley face then!

He gets a new deal I donate. He gets sacked then you donate.

Deal.

I can't remember but did you take this bet mate?

When Lambert goes in the summer you all owe me a smiley face or something.

When his new deal is announced on the OS you can donate a tenner to VT

Deal?

See above...

It won't let me quote samjp26 for some reason.

Edited by Amo69

Still think/hope this is a desperate quick fix from the club to try and halt the freefall and that Lambert will be gone aswell when the season ends

I believe so too. I'd actually be very surprised if he was still our manager next season now.

Edited by Isa

How has it been proven wrong? If anything it's raised more uncertainty.

If it's used as an excuse it would I guess.

Â