Paul Lambert

limpid

The Shay Given stuff, I can understand. Having listened to him on various radio talk shows over the past 12 months Given has still always still talked very fondly of us, which made me think he wasn't completely abandoned and treated like rubbish.

There have been problems for some time and Lambert wanted to sack Culverhouse when he had a run-in with a fan but wasn’t given approval by the board to do so. At the time Lambert got stick over that but by the sounds of it he was as annoyed as some fans at the time.

His training methods have been terrible as if he wanted to the team to perform badly. Very hard to believe I know but that is what has been said.

I have to question this. Why would he now be allowed to get rid of him but wasn't previously?

Also we've bombed out high paying players to stop a negative atmosphere around the first team so why would we allow the first team coach to do this for so long if it was having such a negative effect?

Unfortunately the major issues are still here.

The thing I wonder: How the hell can the club let this happen? Is Faulkner too weak? Is the lack of footballing brains on the board a huge problem?

My worry is how could Lambert have not spotted it sooner? Were awful training methods not so obvious to spot? I assume they must have been different to those at Norwich given they were promoted two seasons in a row. Raises a lot of awkward questions IMO.

Unfortunately the major issues are still here.

The thing I wonder: How the hell can the club let this happen? Is Faulkner too weak? Is the lack of footballing brains on the board a huge problem?

What ever it is there's something massively wrong.

Thanks for sharing Trent. Unbelievable that the coaches display such bad attitude - in itself - but also that Faulkner wouldn't get rid of them. 

Let's hope with these two monkeys off our back we pick up some results before the end of the season. I hope Lambert has been thinking of who he can call up in the summer to help out. Perhaps he's still got some contacts in Germany? Interesting stuff...

It's quite obvious to anyone with a braincell this is a text book 'bullying' case. It's been "ongoing" as per SSN reporter so this rules out a one off fight. We all know what Culverhouse is like. Either the players went to, or more likely above Lambert to report it. Throw in the Tony Moon tweet as well.

Suspension is just that. They may or may not be reinstated. It's going to be pretty awkward for Lambert and his men if they do come back.

Pretty certain this will lead to Lambert's departure methinks.

Edited by supernova26

Why has Given not been number 2 then? Only thing that confuses me a bit.

Good question but maybe Given is a reasonable enough bloke to understand and accept the severe financial constraints, and accepted that he would be allowed to leave on loan if any offers came in. The fact that Guzan has been overall in extremely good form and Villa simply had to blood in a younger keeper for the future, on next to nothing wages.

Well lets hope this give us the much needed boost!

Don't personally think Lambert's the man to take us forward from what he's shown so far but there's nothing to be gained from sacking him before the seasons up so let's hope this can trigger a massive turn-around in form.

• Like 1

Maybe it was as apparent then? Maybe what tipped them over the edge was not until after those games? Either i am glad they are gone, surely not to return now?

You don't get many in this thread but that's a good post and thanks for sharing Trent.

It's quite obvious to anyone with a braincell this is a text book 'bullying' case. It's been "ongoing" as per SSN reporter so this rules out a one off fight. We all know what Culverhouse is like. Either the players went to, or more likely above Lambert to report it. Throw in the Tony Moon tweet as well.

Suspension is just that. They may or may not be reinstated. It's going to be pretty awkward for Lambert and his men if they do come back.

Maybe an upturn in result will make Lambert realise he doesn't need them and only brought them along as that's what managers do.

If they were the major cause of our abysmal form this year they'd have been gone a lot earlier.

Hopefully the players get a boost to see us safe but really this just opens more questions about how we're run and does nothing to make me think our future will be any brighter under Lambert.

They can't really hold him accountable if he tried to address the problem and wasn't allowed to by Faulkner or the Board.

There have been problems for some time and Lambert wanted to sack Culverhouse when he had a run-in with a fan but wasn’t given approval by the board to do so. At the time Lambert got stick over that but by the sounds of it he was as annoyed as some fans at the time.

His training methods have been terrible as if he wanted to the team to perform badly. Very hard to believe I know but that is what has been said.

I have to question this. Why would he now be allowed to get rid of him but wasn't previously?

Also we've bombed out high paying players to stop a negative atmosphere around the first team so why would we allow the first team coach to do this for so long if it was having such a negative effect?

Wages and pay offs maybe?

• Like 1

Â