Paul Lambert

limpid

The red card was a poor decision but considering how badly we got robbed at their ground id say it evens things up. Yes we were under pressure but they had yet to really work Guzan and we looked organised. It was a solid performance and we deserved a bit of luck.

I've been harsh on Lambert at times because I think if any other manager had a record like his he would be sacked a long time ago. But this is more of a frustration towards the owners and what they are trying to achieve at this club. There is no ambition for Aston Villa so as long as Lambert keeps us in this league each year on a shoe string budget it's job well done.

It's nights like yesterday (every few years or so) we can look forward to at least. I just hope Lambert can continue to find gems like Bentake and Vlaar to replace them when they eventually leave.

The red card was 100% correct. Willian was on a yellow and Delph was passed him. It was a cynical foul, there wasn't much contact but he nudged him over and made zero attempt to win the ball. He blatantly stopped the attack without trying to play the ball. I was screaming for the red card as soon as he made the foul.

• Like 1

I am one of the few thats always stuck behind Lambert

The few? There are a lot of people who have always stuck with Lambert. It might seem otherwise as they often aren't as vocal as his detractors.

• Like 3

Don't understand this "wasn't a red card" nonsense.

It was 2 yellow cards as clear as anything. If a player is already on a yellow card it doesn't mean that the severity of any future fouls has to be worse than a normal yellow to warrant the sending off.

A very late foul = yellow card.

A cynical foul to stop an attack getting into a dangerous situation = yellow card.

IMO Lambert only came out with his quotes after the match to keep the peace with Chelsea/Mourinho... not because he didn't believe it two yellow cards.

• Like 1

Lol'd at this quote: "Of course Jose thinks we didn't deserve to win. His team is trying to win the league and that's his problem. How can this team, a Villa team of young kids beat a team that's vying for everything going?"

• Like 1

Don't understand this "wasn't a red card" nonsense.

It was 2 yellow cards as clear as anything. If a player is already on a yellow card it doesn't mean that the severity of any future fouls has to be worse than a normal yellow to warrant the sending off.

A very late foul = yellow card.

A cynical foul to stop an attack getting into a dangerous situation = yellow card.

IMO Lambert only came out with his quotes after the match to keep the peace with Chelsea/Mourinho... not because he didn't believe it two yellow cards.

I think people assume a 2nd yellow should be for a more severe offence than a 1st which is a load of crap as you say Delph was past him and he gave a slight push so you're running the risk. It's about time players are held responsible for committing silly fouls that cost there teams and not instinctively blaming the ref. Anyway it seems things do even themselves out after being robbed at Stamford Bridge!!

• Like 2

Lol'd at this quote: "Of course Jose thinks we didn't deserve to win. His team is trying to win the league and that's his problem. How can this team, a Villa team of young kids beat a team that's vying for everything going?"

Who said that?

Don't understand this "wasn't a red card" nonsense. It was 2 yellow cards as clear as anything. If a player is already on a yellow card it doesn't mean that the severity of any future fouls has to be worse than a normal yellow to warrant the sending off. A very late foul = yellow card.A cynical foul to stop an attack getting into a dangerous situation = yellow card. IMO Lambert only came out with his quotes after the match to keep the peace with Chelsea/Mourinho... not because he didn't believe it two yellow cards.

I agree totally and am amazed none of the pundits backed Foy.

We see this type of foul receive yellows all the time. Willian deliberately runs into Delph from behind, then throws up his arms to claim he didn't intend contact. Delph had space in front of him and would have had the opportunity to shoot if he had advanced a further 10 yards. At the time Villa had a spell where we were starting to threaten.

Definite yellow for me.

Who said that?

Lambert

:blush:

I am one of the few thats always stuck behind Lambert

The few? There are a lot of people who have always stuck with Lambert. It might seem otherwise as they often aren't as vocal as his detractors.

Yep, one caller on talksport said a few weeks ago that 95% of fans wanted lambert gone! Absolutely ridiculous statement to make.

Watching Chelsea I'm amazed that they sent lukaku out on loan again.

Watching Lukaku, I'm not.

Really? He's far more of a threat than Torres and ba.

Lambert's interview with Pat Murphy on 606 last night, immediately after Murphy had spoken to Jose, was brilliant. Definitely worth finding on iPlayer.

Lambert said he was hoping to have a drink with mourinho after the game

How are such things organised does he go into the dressing room after the game and ask him he if fancies a pint or something?

How are such things organised does he go into the dressing room after the game and ask him he if fancies a pint or something?

It's very common and has happened for decades. Lambert has an office, or there's the players lounge. Edited by villan_007

Really? He's far more of a threat than Torres and ba.

I'd rather have Torres, if he were reliably fit. Lukaku is great at marking defenders. 

would rather have Benteke than either of them.

• Like 1

Traditional in British football for the visiting manager to have a drink in the office of the home manager. Since time immemorial, not sure how much they hold to it these days but always was a gentlemans's agreement type of thing.

Just want to say that yesterday is a massive vindication of what PL is trying to acheive with us. Last season when it looked like all hope was lost over Christmas and the new year he stuck to his guns, showed real balls and produced a fine end to the season to see us safe. This year, the hole we were in wasn't as deep, no 8-0s but we were slipping into the relegation fight before these 2 wins. Again, he's stuck to his guns, shown faith in his system and his players and over hte last 2 games we've looked a good side. Fair play to him I say, we can maybe win another few now and show proper progress on last year.

Fantastic to see Delph and Westwood working so well together yesterday, Delph was absolutely class yesterday.

• Like 2

Again, he's stuck to his guns, shown faith in his system

Has he?

Like last season it once again seems like our improvement has come once Lambert actually attempts to play football.

It's no real surprise that over the 2 seasons our best spells have been when we've not been hoofing the ball forward at every chance.

You have to wonder why it took so long last season to start playing and so long this season. When he changes the system to play football with width and passing we look so much better.

Â