Paul Lambert

limpid

Fantastic three points today. I'll admit that the past months have been difficult but if we continue building on the last two performances we'll be alright.

I remember someone saying in the Norwich match thread that they detested Lambert or something like that. Then we went on and scored four goals. I think some people have just decided that they wont be okay with him as manager.

Nice little dig in his post match saying Mourinho reminds him of himself a little bit

Very satisfying to come away from a big game with a decision that has rightly gone for us

Gonna savour this one

Did he say that? Brilliant!!!

• Like 2

Martinez relegated a Wigan team with a similar budget to what Lambert has had here...

Martinez averaged a £12m per season spend at Wigan while Lambert averages £20m per season here and that isn't even taking net-spend into consideration.

Martinez didn't have to sign 16 players in 3 transfer windows did he?

• Like 2

Okay so, the first time we've won back to back home games in the last 4 seasons apparently. If that is true, how long ago was it that we won 3 home games in a row, or even 3 games in a row?

Hold on, i'll get back to you on the 3 games one.

We last won 3 games in a row at the end of the 2009–10 season.

Beating Pompey and Hull away and beating the scum at home.

We last won 3 or more league games at home in a row by beating Fulham, Chelsea, Everton and West Ham at the beginning of the 07–08 season.

Edited by Avfc96

Okay so, the first time we've won back to back home games in the last 4 seasons apparently. If that is true, how long ago was it that we won 3 home games in a row, or even 3 games in a row?

Hold on, i'll get back to you on the 3 games one.

Cheers mate, I just tried but I can't find an easy enough method. 3 home games in a row and also 3 games in a row if you can find out!

Edit:

Okay 3 wins in a row home or away seems to date back to April 2010, so pretty much 4 years to the month.

3 home wins in a row must date back some way, god we're so crap at Villa Park. 

Edited by samjp26

Inconsistant, frustrating against the Fulham's, Cardiff's. Lambert got it bang on today, more please more, he more than owes us this. More proof though this team is good enough an can play good football, so generally down to poor tactics....

Â