Paul Lambert

limpid

No, read it again, or ask an adult helper to assist you with your reading if you like.

Very harsh. 

Indeed, welcome to VT where it is cool to be pedantic and throw personal digs about for no apparent reason.

We are all guilty of it.  :)

`Personal digs' - I actually think it is only a small minority. I think the majority of posters on VT disagree/agree/discuss in a reasonable manner.

`Pedantic' - I like pedantic in its proper place, but there is probably too much of it at times, and it often spoils a perfectly good discussion.

• Like 2

I like pedantic in its proper place, but there is probably too much of it at times, and it often spoils a perfectly good discussion.

Pedantry

;) 

:D  You got me! Should have put quotes, and I would not have let you get me.

No I comprehended that just fine I think, you used incomparable evidence as a comparison, mayhaps it's you that needs a brush up on comprehension.

No, read it again, or ask an adult helper to assist you with your reading if you like.  I compared the fact that they got teams into the Premier League, not their complete records.

Ok thanks for the advice, I've had an adult help me read it and turns out I'm still right so.............

I think Lambert is closer to the likes of Moyes/Rodgers/Martinez than the aforementioned group of people.

.....In that case, I have a lot to look forward too.

feel better already.

sincerely hope you are right.

It's been more than just a few disappointing results though and he has the unfortunate trend of setting bad records which doesn't look like getting better anytime soon. It's just foolhardy to try try and defend those records at the moment whether you are referring in the short or long term and you cannot judge a manager in the present what he may or may not do in the future. 

I suppose I am more willing to give Lambert and co the benefit of doubt regarding the long term plan. I will happily take the pain of some short term misery, if it means we are going to be competitive in the future. IMO it would be totally reckless to sack Lambert before the end of his original contract (Three Years), it could take a lot longer than three years to fix our home record for example.  

I think Lambert is closer to the likes of Moyes/Rodgers/Martinez than the aforementioned group of people.

.....In that case, I have a lot to look forward too.

feel better already.

sincerely hope you are right.

So do I.  :)

We all want him to do well GENTLEMAN and like you I want to give him more time but I really need to start seeing more than i'm currently getting at the moment to justify that time.

I don't mean better league placement but certainly better football and through that better football a sign that we are progressing forward.

I think that would be a hell of a lot more acceptable to the fans but its difficult to stomach poor results and poor football together.

• Like 1

We all wanted to think that Lambert was in the Moyes/Rodgers/Martinez mould when he first came.

But sadly it proved not so.

He is a bit of a step up from McLeish, though, I'll give him that.

yet sometimes (not all the time, mainly our most dire home performances) you'd struggle to see the difference.

We all wanted to think that Lambert was in the Moyes/Rodgers/Martinez mould when he first came.

But sadly it proved not so.

He is a bit of a step up from McLeish, though, I'll give him that.

It is far too early to make that assessment. It is actually moronic to hold a fatalistic view about Lambert's Villa career at this stage.

Martinez relegated a Wigan team with a similar budget to what Lambert has had here and has now taken over an Everton team that is already well established.  Rodgers is working with a squad worth probably 5 times more than ours, he did a good job at Swansea but only finished level with Lamberts Norwich in his only Premier League season with them.  Moyes did a great job at Everton but look how he is doing now!

If Lambert was given the money Rodgers has had our took over an established team like Everton he would be getting a proper crack at showing how good he is.  He has been held back by our owner and it's always gonna take time for this project to come to fruition with the way we are going about it.  Give him time or give him money, if he isn't given either then he can't be properly judged as our club is being run like it's a Campionship team.  He has done as good a job as is possible at this point imo, ups and downs are gonna be part of the ride for us while our squad is full of young inexperienced players.

• Like 3

2 years is too early to judge?

It hasn't been 2 years and in the time since he took over he has been under restrictions and being made to sign players that are young and inexperienced and will accept wages of 20k p/w or less so yeah it's too early to judge. When he gets the chance to sign players of a Premier League standard then you can properly judge him.

Martinez relegated a Wigan team with a similar budget to what Lambert has had here...

Martinez averaged a £12m per season spend at Wigan while Lambert averages £20m per season here and that isn't even taking net-spend into consideration.

Â