Paul Lambert

limpid

Great performance and result today.  But lets not pretend we are anywhere near having a decent villa team . We still need 2 full backs, a decent midfielder, and a replacement for Benteke, should he leave. There has been very slight improvement over Lamberts tenure - but he still has a hell of a lot of work to do.

• Like 1

I liked it when he subbed Gabby for Albrighton. He usually only makes proactive substitutions when we are behind, so it was both refreshing and encouraging to see.

Edited by Isa

Great performance and result today.  But lets not pretend we are anywhere near having a decent villa team . We still need 2 full backs, a decent midfielder, and a replacement for Benteke, should he leave. There has been very slight improvement over Lamberts tenure - but he still has a hell of a lot of work to do.

Depends how you define "decent" I guess. We're certainly not that far from having a solid mid-table team that is capable of finishing 8th or 9th, but obviously we've got a long way to go before we're at the stage a team like Everton are at.

Great performance and result today. But lets not pretend we are anywhere near having a decent villa team . We still need 2 full backs, a decent midfielder, and a replacement for Benteke, should he leave. There has been very slight improvement over Lamberts tenure - but he still has a hell of a lot of work to do.

2 fullbacks? Bacunas decent and hopefully we can get Bertrand.

Couldn't you have waited till morning untill you dropped this old line out? Enjoy the evening!

• Like 1

Say what you want about Paul Lambert but we have beaten City, Chelsea & Arsenal this year. Great stuff, when we get in the players we need to break down the smaller teams we'll be very good.

• Like 3

Well done today PL, very well done.

When Chelsea went down to 10 men, I asked you to try to win the game, and you delivered by making two excellent changes. If Albrighton didn't come in, I doubt we'd have won. And in spite of Bennet having a great game, I felt more at ease with Clark in in the end.

Well done today PL, very well done.

When Chelsea went down to 10 men, I asked you to try to win the game, and you delivered by making two excellent changes. If Albrighton didn't come in, I doubt we'd have won. And in spite of Bennet having a great game, I felt more at ease with Clark in in the end.

I agree, he made some great changes, was so nice to see some positivity and belief from the team rather than being happy with just the one point. Played some great stuff along the floor as well shows the players are capable, hopefully we continue playing to this level.

• Like 2

Great performance and result today. But lets not pretend we are anywhere near having a decent villa team . We still need 2 full backs, a decent midfielder, and a replacement for Benteke, should he leave. There has been very slight improvement over Lamberts tenure - but he still has a hell of a lot of work to do.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ditto - some fans always have to piss on the fire when it starts burning!

It amazes me how some people seem always look for the negative or blame Lambert for every defeat but then don't give credit when we win! Unlike the Man City game today we matched and eventually beat a top top side we have it in us and the most frustrating thing this season is not showing it on more occasions hopefully a good summer transfer window and we will be set to push on again.

Â