Paul Lambert

limpid

Okay so, the first time we've won back to back home games in the last 4 seasons apparently. If that is true, how long ago was it that we won 3 home games in a row, or even 3 games in a row?

Hold on, i'll get back to you on the 3 games one.

Cheers mate, I just tried but I can't find an easy enough method. 3 home games in a row and also 3 games in a row if you can find out!

Edit:

Okay 3 wins in a row home or away seems to date back to April 2010, so pretty much 4 years to the month.

3 home wins in a row must date back some way, god we're so crap at Villa Park. 

Check above mate, beat you to it.  :P

• Like 1

I think it's pretty hard to claim now that we haven't improved on last season. Even at our very lowest over Christmas and New Year we still weren't in the bottom 3. We've been inconsistent and sometimes dire but where we've been for most of the season is a far cry from where we were for most of last season.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Last won 3 in a row in all competitions in January 2011 (City (H), Wigan (A) and Blackburn (H) in the League Cup)

We won 6 in a row in all competitions between August and September 2009 home and away

Last won 3 home games in a row in the league in August/September 2007 (Fulham, Chelsea and Everton). We actually won our next home league game against West Ham in October, too, which made it 4 in a row

Just back from VP. The place was rocking and rightly so. No better place on earth when its like it was tonight.

I have been on Lamberts back this last 2 -3 months but he got it spot on today. Last couple of games have reminded me of the back end of last season. More of the same please.

My thoughts exactly.

Jesus, so we haven't won 3 games in a row for nearly 7 years. I really hope we beat Stoke because that is horrendous.

It is not as bad because we have won 2 games in a row then drawn a third and then won the 4th.

Jesus, so we haven't won 3 games in a row for nearly 7 years. I really hope we beat Stoke because that is horrendous.

It is not as bad because we have won 2 games in a row then drawn a third and then won the 4th.

Still think we need to be beating Stoke. We've also got home games against Fulham, Southampton and Hull so we should be picking up some points there too.

Sell done Lambo!

Its obvious that you will probably never have the support of all but this team is developing, is together and is young! Give me that over that Ginger git and 5 year contracts for thirty somethings every day!

• Like 3

Sell done Lambo!

Its obvious that you will probably never have the support of all but this team is developing, is together and is young! Give me that over that Ginger git and 5 year contracts for thirty somethings every day!

We sold Dunne ages ago, I think.. Lambert out.

• Like 1

His tactics and subs today were spot on, it's good to see. I honestly feared he'd bring on Sylla to see the game out or something so I'm very pleased.

I feared that too. Well done Lambert for taking it to them by putting Marc on whilst also keeping our defence solid by bringing on Clark. Glad we went for it, the lads have come on leaps and bounds since the stuff we've seen in the past at 0-0.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Still think we need to be beating Stoke. We've also got home games against Fulham, Southampton and Hull so we should be picking up some points there too.

Yep but this is Villa so I wouldn't be surprised to see us **** it up. 

Â