Paul Lambert

limpid

Everyone saying sack Lambert but can't see any names being put forward. Sacking him 2/3's through the season would be idiotic. His contract certainly needs to be reviewed in the summer though.

Did you miss the thread specifically for suggesting alternatives?

I think we are in a who blinks first

If Fox/Lerner take lambert aside - they instigate the parting - Lambert gets a bigger pay off

If Lambert goes to either and says 'actually this isn't working' - He gets next to nothing.

But actually a parting is in the interest of everyone know - Lambert will never get another job with his reputation so pulverized - the club must rue giving him that big contract

We are literally the graveyard of football managers. Who has left this club and gone onto bigger and better things?

MON wins hands down and you can't say he's gone to bigger/better places really.

ISA posted some good info on Twitter just now, this season versus last. I can't copy as am on my iPad, ISA, can you post it here?

It got it from Kendrick. B8yaCoQIYAI_A1n.jpg

Cheers mate.

Stronger squad and we have gone backwards. Scary.

He needs bailing out by the chairman or sacking as he has lost the plot and it seems like he is trying to make things hard for himself but in reality he is losing it. His tactics were shit again today and while we had a go at Arsenal we were left so open at the back against probably the best team in the league to exploit it, as dumb as it gets. He wants wants to play possession football but then leaves our best passer out of the team.?  Richardson was tripe last week but he starts him again.?  Cleverley continues to offer nothing but starts every game.?  Benteke needs dropping but continues to play every minute of every game.?  

There is no time left for him imo as he has put it beyond doubt at this stage that he is lacking in too many areas when it comes to being a top manager, his only saving grace will be a Bent like signing or at a push, an assistant who can drill the team better and get our best 11 on the pitch performing to the required level.

People hoping that Lambert is fired, need to pray for a takeover because there's no other way it's going to happen.

I think you are right but we should still voice our dissatisfaction. The worst case scenario is that the clueless owner we have still keeps him in the Championship.

People hoping that Lambert is fired, need to pray for a takeover because there's no other way it's going to happen.

Fed up of hearing this, you have no factual proof of this. I keep saying, if the fans turn and VP s hostile every game, he will have to go. Also if fans don;t turn up to games he will go. Ok maybe not mid season, but at the end his contract will be terminated.

To me he is already finished. Phycologically you cannot go this far and come back with a winning attitude. It takes it out of you like any job and can end up in depression. Hs comments recently that he was not feeling the pressure were just laughable. I would have respected him more if he would have come out and said "yeah the pressure is immense like any football manager". He is losing the plot. you can see it in him, bloodshot eyes, talking bollocks. Get him out learner before you destroy him.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 2

I also get the impression that this change in style is chiefly Tom Fox's idea, not Lambert's. Maybe Lambert isn't fully comfortable with this possession based football?

I respect your opinion but no manager who has any respect for himself is going to stand for a newly appointed CEO who has never managed a football team at any level as far as we are aware tell him half way through the season to change the team playing style. If that was the case then Lambert really is totally spineless and nothing more than a lap dog happy to pick up his wages and go along with whatever he is told. For what it is worth I don't believe for a second that Lambert would be that spineless.

• Like 1

Its getting to a point where we're seriously gambling with survival. Bringing in a new manager now gives them a real chance of doing enough. Waiting longer for confidence to get worse and getting sucked in more could leave us in a position where a new guy can't turn it round.

I'm so glad the media have finally decided to point out how bad he's been here.

ISA posted some good info on Twitter just now, this season versus last. I can't copy as am on my iPad, ISA, can you post it here?

It got it from Kendrick. B8yaCoQIYAI_A1n.jpg
Cheers mate.

Stronger squad and we have gone backwards. Scary.

We've gone backwards for too long now. Its mind blowing that he's kept his job.

Were kind of aware of that. That's what makes the whole thing bizarre.

I'm actually struggling to come up with a comparison of as bad a performance in an everyday job.

He needs bailing out by the chairman or sacking as he has lost the plot and it seems like he is trying to make things hard for himself but in reality he is losing it. His tactics were shit again today and while we had a go at Arsenal we were left so open at the back against probably the best team in the league to exploit it, as dumb as it gets. He wants wants to play possession football but then leaves our best passer out of the team.?  Richardson was tripe last week but he starts him again.?  Cleverley continues to offer nothing but starts every game.?  Benteke needs dropping but continues to play every minute of every game.?  

There is no time left for him imo as he has put it beyond doubt at this stage that he is lacking in too many areas when it comes to being a top manager, his only saving grace will be a Bent like signing or at a push, an assistant who can drill the team better and get our best 11 on the pitch performing to the required level.

Honest question and not a wind up. You seem to have changed your views on Lambert after the game today?

Fed up of hearing this, you have no factual proof of this. I keep saying, if the fans turn and VP s hostile every game, he will have to go. Also if fans don;t turn up to games he will go. Ok maybe not mid season, but at the end his contract will be terminated.

There's more evidence that points to him staying than going. For one thing, the CEO came out a week ago and publicly backed him. Not to mention that we've been in this situation before and Lerner has kept him on. In fact, that's probably one of the big indicators that Lerner won't sack him - we've been here before and stayed up so Lerner probably thinks the same will happen again.

Fans being hostile at games will do absolutely nothing.

Its getting to a point where we're seriously gambling with survival. Bringing in a new manager now gives them a real chance of doing enough. Waiting longer for confidence to get worse and getting sucked in more could leave us in a position where a new guy can't turn it round.

I said a few weeks back that I'm more than confident were going down. Nothing has changed my mind.

I have no proof but then again you have no proof that if the fans turn and Villa Park's hostile every game, that he'll have to go. Obviously that would just make things worse anyway and we saw that Lerner doesn't take much notice of fans when he gave a job to Mcleish. I think supporters best bet, if they want Lambert sacked, would be to not renew seasons tickets once this season is over.

Edited by useless

I think we reached that point a few weeks ago!

Said before the Arsenal game, the Hull game is huge. 

Losing to Liverpool, CHelsea and Arsenal is one thing. Regardless of how it happens (so forgetting the pathetic performance today for a moment) it's manageable if we start winning games like the Hull game.

If we lose that game then we are seriously ****.

• Like 3

Everyone saying sack Lambert but can't see any names being put forward. Sacking him 2/3's through the season would be idiotic. His contract certainly needs to be reviewed in the summer though.

You've got a point there about other names. There really aren't many great choices out there that I know of. Tim Sherwood? Jens Keller? Nope. Nope. When you really think hard, it seems all the best ones are spoken for, unless I'm missing something?

I would literally take anybody. I don't know how anyone could want him in charge for a second longer.

Not really, tho, not if you stop for a second and consider. Felix Magath took Fulham from bad to worse to total disaster, for example. We would need a proven winner who could steady the ship.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

Â