Paul Lambert

limpid

How did Lambert not take Sanchez off when he made the double sub? I'm not great fan of Cleverley but he was a lot better than Sanchez who gave the ball away time after time. It's like he watches a completely different game. High line against Arsenal, no width, trying to play everything through the middle, Richardson at left back instead of Cissokho (a defender) , no subs at half time or at 2-0 down. The list goes on.

B8wxAR8IgAA8Zhy.jpg

Definite signs of improvement in terms of the football being played

I see no other option but to piss myself laughing at this.

It's got to the point now where whenever i see Lambert pretending to be a football manager i piss myself laughing

Yeah it's got to the point where it's more bizarre than anything else.

Everyone saying sack Lambert but can't see any names being put forward. Sacking him 2/3's through the season would be idiotic. His contract certainly needs to be reviewed in the summer though.

I would literally take anybody. I don't know how anyone could want him in charge for a second longer. Edited by Woodytom

ISA posted some good info on Twitter just now, this season versus last. I can't copy as am on my iPad, ISA, can you post it here?

The thing that worries me is that we are running out of games for a new man to make a difference, he will need 10-12+ imho, if we get to that point with no new man I think we might just keep falling.

I worry big time if he has been told to pay this way. its really looking like he is not 100% on board with this style. Counter attack today, with Gabby starting, all the way for me.

I think he has two plans, A and A. So doing something different is alien to him. As I said before, I also think he is mentally ruined, I think the 8-0 defeat changed him, scarred him.

I worry big time if he has been told to pay this way. its really looking like he is not 100% on board with this style. Counter attack today, with Gabby starting, all the way for me.

Tbh, the style before was no better really. Scraped a couple of wins together on sheer luck and dire opposition.

Richard Keys is laying into Lambert on BeIn Sports, saying that interview could've been given after any game in the last 12 weeks. He says if the manager's message is constantly just to keep going, then how is anything going to change.

Spot on. A few pundits have been saying the same this weekend.

What else can Lambert say? How do you react to defeats?

How about 'I got the tactics wrong, they are good players, mostly internationals, but I am failing in my coaching and tactics.

The football prior to the advent of the 'new style' certainly needed to be expanded upon but low-block, counter-attacking football was at least effective against superior footballing sides...kind of like Arsenal. Now we don't even do it for these games. This manager really doesn't have any clue what he is doing.

It's a foolish idea to alter the playing style mid-season, especially in the Premiership. I think this upcoming summer would've been a much better time to adopt a new style of play. However, I am clinging onto a faint hope that we'll click and start winning again this season.

I also get the impression that this change in style is chiefly Tom Fox's idea, not Lambert's. Maybe Lambert isn't fully comfortable with this possession based football? 

I literally have no idea why you should think that...why?

And if that really is the case Lambert is spineless as well as being utterly inept as a manager.

• Like 1

Same squad as last season.. actually a better squad and we having problems?

Clearly tactical and shit training since he lost his coaching staff.

His persistence on playing the diamond formation is killing us. Its ok if you have hazard or cazorla in that midfield trio but we don't. Sanchez Delph Cleverly and Westwood are all defensive midfielders or midfielders that lack creativity and just keep the side 'ticking'. However it leaves our starting side with just THREE attackers against a back four and defensive midfielders. Benteke is heavily marked and we cannot bring him in the game. Fullbacks compress and handle Wiemann and Gil. We have zero width. It doesn't work.

We need to play Gil in the midfield trio imo. The usual three just cannot make forward passes. Benteke needs to drop deeper to collect the ball..hold it up and give the rest time to make forward runs.

Problem is the midfield trio against Arsenal looked lost. Positionally they were awful. I remember a former player under MON said he was a good manager as he gave instructions to every individual player. Lambert appears to select players and give a team speech as it seems most players don't seem to understand their role in his system.

A new manager who knows what their doing would change this squad within weeks. But hey what do we know... tom fox watches the training.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

I think we are in a who blinks first

If Fox/Lerner take lambert aside - they instigate the parting - Lambert gets a bigger pay off

If Lambert goes to either and says 'actually this isn't working' - He gets next to nothing.

But actually a parting is in the interest of everyone know - Lambert will never get another job with his reputation so pulverized - the club must rue giving him that big contract

• Like 2

Everyone saying sack Lambert but can't see any names being put forward. Sacking him 2/3's through the season would be idiotic. His contract certainly needs to be reviewed in the summer though.

I am rapidly coming to the view that his influence on the players and his tactics are so poisonous that literally anyone or even  no one would be better.

• Like 1

ISA posted some good info on Twitter just now, this season versus last. I can't copy as am on my iPad, ISA, can you post it here?

It got it from Kendrick.

B8yaCoQIYAI_A1n.jpg

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Â