Paul Lambert

limpid

You are right we are all Villa fans and want what is best. I'll state my opinion on what I want here - Lambert out of my club. He's proven time and time again he is not cut out for the job. Today was a spineless performance. I can't see where our next goal is coming from, let alone a win. 

Fair enough. 

The thing is Lambert has actually been backed in this window. O.k I accept it's bargain basement but he wanted Gil and Sinclair to freshen up the attacking side and the club has gone out and got them for him.

And we still don't really look like scoring or creating much.

I think he's on life support now. We lose our next two and we're in the bottom 3 as Hull go above us by beating us. He limps onto Leicester and we lose to them in the cup, even him I don't see surviving those results.

It maybe too late now to change him with a chance to make some repairs, but that only means it should have been done a while ago IMO

I will concede that no one can be sure a change will be for the better, but we can equally be reasonably sure this is not going to get better any time soon either.

This is the crux of it isn't it. I personally think we are now way past the stage where the bigger risk is in keeping Lambert than getting rid of him.

We have tried changing many things in fairness. There has been a massive turn over in players. There have been a number of changes to the coaching staff. There have been changes in tactics. The result of all these changes has been zero improvement, continual struggle and some of the worst runs of results, breaking of unwanted records and poorest performances in the clubs history. Amongst all the changes there has been one glaring constant though and that is the manager.

I could almost cry when I hear Lambert say he is looking to bring in one or two more players tomorrow. Why? what is the point? we have a good squad of players as it is but a manager that doesn't have anything approaching a clue how to get the best out of them. It is as though he is deluded into thinking that one or two more players will finally make up for the blatantly obvious flaws in his tactics, organizational and motivational management skills.

Of course we have the double whammy of having an owner who is as clueless as the manager and although it is clearly wishful thinking I therefore hope Lambert does the honorable thing and walks. If he does I will thank him on two accounts. Firstly for putting a decent squad of players together and also for finally showing some spine and allowing someone else to have a crack at doing what he has continually shown he can't and that is to get the best out of the players at his disposal.

Really good post, totally agree. 

It was kicking off on Twitter today and one Tweeter used the old WW1 term 'Lions led by a Donkey' and that really struck a chord with me. That is exactly what we have at the moment. The 'Donkey' is Lambert, someone who is so out of his depth in his job that its embarrassing. Lets not kid ourselves he has been found out big time, he just does not have the skills to do the role of a premiership manager effectively.

Lambert is looking for a couple of players before the window closes? So that it a little more cannon fodder? He totally fails to use what he has already properly so what is the point of throwing more lions to the slaughter. Any money we spend this window would be best spent putting Lambert out of his misery.

• Like 3

How can you defend it useless? Are you really a villa fan?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/record-breaking-rubbishness-aston-villa-5086775

Yes I'm really a Villa fan. I can't defend where we are as a club, I just don't think it's Lambert's fault. It still bugs me that he hasn't been given an Assistant to work with, it's like he's being asked to carry the whole club on his shoulders.

Wow.

Can I have a glass of whatever you are drinking?

The football prior to the advent of the 'new style' certainly needed to be expanded upon but low-block, counter-attacking football was at least effective against superior footballing sides...kind of like Arsenal. Now we don't even do it for these games. This manager really doesn't have any clue what he is doing.

• Like 4

Yet it's the same group of posters that angrily reply. Interesting..... :detect:

Yet it's ok when people put things like 'waiting for the moaners'.

You just proved his point exactly there.

Of course i did son, of course i did , if it makes you happy

Well his point was that some people seem to be trying to divide the fanbase and I don't see how comments like that help?

It's almost as if some people want there to be a divide. Fact is there is almost universal agreement on Lambert now which is very rare on VT for anything.

Lambert's supporters won't change their mind after that - they seem to revel in the fact that they support him no matter what and play up to the crowd on here.

Nonsense. 

Clearly not nonsense. There is a hardcore of support on here who will back Lambert no matter what shit is served up on the pitch. Now, its their prerogative to do that but I simply can't fathom out why he is above criticism for certain people. I'm genuinely mystified. 

The notion that there's a set of hardcore Lambert supporters on this forum is complete rubbish, it simply isn't true. The fact is we're all Villa supporters with differing perspectives on our current situation. So please stop trying to cause a divide by labeling people, it's not necessary.

Yes we are all Villa supporters but there is a hardcore of Lambert support on this forum who belittle, abuse and attack anyone who disagrees with their viewpoint. I respect their right to their view without agreeing with it. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/record-breaking-rubbishness-aston-villa-5086775

Yes I'm really a Villa fan. I can't defend where we are as a club, I just don't think it's Lambert's fault. It still bugs me that he hasn't been given an Assistant to work with, it's like he's being asked to carry the whole club on his shoulders.

Wow.

Must be the LSD

Wow.

If you mean me, I've been drinking tap water.

If Lambert gets us relegated our squad would be comfortably the best to go down in Premier League history.

I just wish he'd play a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 all being capable of creating something. E.g. Gil, Sinclair, Grealish. Or with 2 of them on the wings and Weimann playing behind Benteke. I don't see how we'd consistently fail to score/create then. Even if the formation looks positive the lineup rarely is.

Yet it's the same group of posters that angrily reply. Interesting..... :detect:

Yet it's ok when people put things like 'waiting for the moaners'.

You just proved his point exactly there.

Of course i did son, of course i did , if it makes you happy

Well his point was that some people seem to be trying to divide the fanbase and I don't see how comments like that help?

It's almost as if some people want there to be a divide. Fact is there is almost universal agreement on Lambert now which is very rare on VT for anything.

Please+tell+me+more+_1dce86ebc6f21966e29

Today was bad bit Leicester was much much worse. Chelsea is irrelevant. Lose against Hull and bad timing or no, hard to find a replacement or no, big payoff or no, he must go.

I've had all my faith disappear of late, P3te's post with all the negative records is incredible.

Lambert needs to repay all the faith we, the players and the board have had in him. We all know its a hard job Lerner has set for him, a lot of us appreciated the idea of a long term approach to our problems but this is too much. Maybe a new man with some enthusiasm and new ideas can get the 5 or 6 wins we need to survive this year and have a regroup in the summer.

Maybe some short termism is what we need now

Then think about the long game from a position of safety.

• Like 4

The thing is Lambert has actually been backed in this window. O.k I accept it's bargain basement but he wanted Gil and Sinclair to freshen up the attacking side and the club has gone out and got them for him.

And we still don't really look like scoring or creating much.

I think he's on life support now. We lose our next two and we're in the bottom 3 as Hull go above us by beating us. He limps onto Leicester and we lose to them in the cup, even him I don't see surviving those results.

Well Carles Gil has only started two games and had one cameo and to be fair he's scored and looked our best player (few dodgy corners aside). Sinclair also looked decent today. Making signings in this window won't prove instant respite, even if we buy another striker especially a foreign one it may take a while to get them to adjust and perform they way we need.

Right now as much as I want to blame Lambert solely - I am starting to feel that the poor performances of our best players are what is going to relegate this club. Benteke, Gabby and even Delph and Sanchez to a lesser extent have been a joke recently. That might be down to Lambert - but it doesn't make sense, he has got the best out of all of those players before - why not now?

My biggest fear is - Gil and Sinclair, start and play well but we still don't start winning. 

• Like 1

Â