Paul Lambert

limpid

How can you defend it useless? Are you really a villa fan?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/record-breaking-rubbishness-aston-villa-5086775

Yes I'm really a Villa fan. I can't defend where we are as a club, I just don't think it's Lambert's fault. It still bugs me that he hasn't been given an Assistant to work with, it's like he's being asked to carry the whole club on his shoulders.

Wow.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/record-breaking-rubbishness-aston-villa-5086775

Yes I'm really a Villa fan. I can't defend where we are as a club, I just don't think it's Lambert's fault. It still bugs me that he hasn't been given an Assistant to work with, it's like he's being asked to carry the whole club on his shoulders.

Wow.

@Useless, with respect, I almost feel like you're asking us to feel sorry for PL. I feel sorry for little children with leukemia and three-legged dogs. I don't feel bad for well-compensated Premier League managers who are paid to MANAGE.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral
  • Like 4

The problem is relegation is that I think if it happened to us, we wouldn't get back straight away. I've no basis for that thought but I think we could easily turn into a Sheff Wed or a Leeds and have a long absence. I don't think the club has the fight or the right characters here to win promotion should we be relegated. We must stay up. 

• Like 1

Wow.

@Useless, with respect, I almost feel like you're asking us to feel sorry for PL. I feel sorry for little children with leukemia and three-legged dogs. I don't feel bad for well-compensated Premier League managers who are paid to MANAGE.

Even a three legged dog puts up more of a fight than us today

tumblr_n0j56bSlsY1qdlh1io1_400.gif

• Like 2

Lambert said he was quite happy without an assistant, so that is a non starter. When we had assistants before the results were still the same?

The problem is relegation is that I think if it happened to us, we wouldn't get back straight away. I've no basis for that thought but I think we could easily turn into a Sheff Wed or a Leeds and have a long absence. I don't think the club has the fight or the right characters here to win promotion should we be relegated. We must stay up. 

To be fair, everyone was saying the same about Newcastle and West Ham. Most relegated "big" teams do tend to look gutless.

Not that I think we necessarily will come straight back up, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

• Like 1

To be fair, everyone was saying the same about Newcastle and West Ham. Most relegated "big" teams do tend to look gutless.

Not that I think we necessarily will come straight back up, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

As I said there was no basis for my thoughts, just a gut feeling. Ultimately we have to survive at all costs

Edited by Xela

Isn't this the time when David Cameron should step in and say something in public? Or perhaps a well-placed leak in the media, voicing his displeasure at seemingly disinterested "distant owners" of English institutions? Honestly, haven't we got the point where well-positioned Villans need to stand up and throw their weight around a little? 

Lambert's supporters won't change their mind after that - they seem to revel in the fact that they support him no matter what and play up to the crowd on here.

Nonsense. 

Clearly not nonsense. There is a hardcore of support on here who will back Lambert no matter what shit is served up on the pitch. Now, its their prerogative to do that but I simply can't fathom out why he is above criticism for certain people. I'm genuinely mystified. 

The notion that there's a set of hardcore Lambert supporters on this forum is complete rubbish, it simply isn't true. The fact is we're all Villa supporters with differing perspectives on our current situation. So please stop trying to cause a divide by labeling people, it's not necessary.

• Like 2

Isn't this the time when David Cameron should step in and say something in public? Or perhaps a well-placed leak in the media, voicing his displeasure at seemingly disinterested "distant owners" of English institutions? Honestly, haven't we got the point where well-positioned Villans need to stand up and throw their weight around a little? 

You would think with a Prime Minister, a future King, a former Governor of the Bank of England and Tom Hanks all declaring themselves as Villa fans we should have some sort of high proclamation that means Lerner has to sell the club for a £1 and Lambert has to dance around Glasgow just wearing a sporran and begging for soup on a daily basis.

Lambert's supporters won't change their mind after that - they seem to revel in the fact that they support him no matter what and play up to the crowd on here.

Nonsense. 

Clearly not nonsense. There is a hardcore of support on here who will back Lambert no matter what shit is served up on the pitch. Now, its their prerogative to do that but I simply can't fathom out why he is above criticism for certain people. I'm genuinely mystified. 

The notion that there's a set of hardcore Lambert supporters on this forum is complete rubbish, it simply isn't true. The fact is we're all Villa supporters with differing perspectives on our current situation. So please stop trying to cause a divide by labeling people, it's not necessary.

Yet it's the same group of posters that angrily reply. Interesting..... :detect:

Yet it's ok when people put things like 'waiting for the moaners'.

• Like 2

I am one of an army of supporters of Paul Lambert ... in his move to another club. I really think he'll be fantastic somewhere. Can I just say, also, that I think he's nice bloke? And those early-2000s era bins. Pretty darn cool. See? I support the man.

You would think with a Prime Minister, a future King, a former Governor of the Bank of England and Tom Hanks all declaring themselves as Villa fans we should have some sort of high proclamation that means Lerner has to sell the club for a £1 and Lambert has to dance around Glasgow just wearing a sporran and begging for soup on a daily basis.

You are causing me to laugh so hard I think I have broken a rib.

Nonsense. 

Believe what you want to believe. 

I'm not trying to cause a divide, I'm not that petty. I was merely stating my opinion, which I believe is what we can do on a forum. 

You are right we are all Villa fans and want what is best. I'll state my opinion on what I want here - Lambert out of my club. He's proven time and time again he is not cut out for the job. Today was a spineless performance. I can't see where our next goal is coming from, let alone a win. 

• Like 1

Nonsense. 

I'm not trying to cause a divide, I'm not that petty. I was merely stating my opinion, which I believe is what we can do on a forum. 

You are right we are all Villa fans and want what is best. I'll state my opinion on what I want here - Lambert out of my club. He's proven time and time again he is not cut out for the job. Today was a spineless performance. I can't see where our next goal is coming from, let alone a win. 

If there isnt a hardcore support, i really don't understand why certain posters are getting so uptight about it and always play the 'personal' card. Mystifying......

Nonsense. 

To be fair, you could say the same about the people who find fault with lambert regarding every tiny aspect of the club. They also seem to revel in playing up to the crowd.

The reality, as usual, is somewhere in between those two extreme views. But they tend to shout the loudest.

• Like 1

Â