Paul Lambert

limpid

I don't dislike Lambert either. In fact, I'm annoyed and disappointed most because I genuinely believe that he is capable of delivering much more for us.

Unfortunately, he's lost his way and appears to be sinking. It also frustrates me greatly, as one of the few that's still willing to give him the time of day, that he shoots himself in the foot so often.

He must know his post-match interviews wind people up. Too little, too late when it comes to subs. Persisting with a play book that has shown itself to be ineffective - he's got to have better awareness when the results aren't going his way.

This 'slump' is something special though. We're relying on Gil and Sinclair to inject something new into the team, but PL needs to work out an effective formation and line-up asap. At the risk of repeating myself again, if we can't get it right in open play, we need to be seeing inventive corners, free kicks and throw-ins not only for the chances they will create, but also to show the fans that there is some tactical nous within the camp.

Surely the best signing we could make if Lambert is to stay, would be to employ a master-tactician as his assistant?

Best post of the day.

I like Lambert as a man. He genuinely comes across as a nice bloke, hardworking and you can really tell he wants to make it work at Villa.

I admire that he hasnt walked away (but wish he would  :) ) and has the balls for a fight. But it's just not working.

Edited by sidcowans21
  • Like 2

I don't believe he will not be sacked. If the fans turn at every game Lerner has no choice. You don't want it to be hostile at every home game towards the manager. Ive always said its down to the fans. If you have 25k fams protesting Lambert out, he won't last long.

While Lerner is here so is Lambert, come relegation or not. I'd actually put real money on that.

The only way i see Lambert leaving is a well organised protest by the fans like not turning up in the thousands and getting attendances ridiculously low but that wont happen.

Failed to score in 14 of 23

1 goal in the last 8 league games

2 wins i last 19 league games

18 points required from 15 games, but we've only managed around a point and a goal a game under Lambert historically - which means we're going to need about 8 clean sheets to rack up enough points.

I like Lambert as a man. He genuinely comes across as a nice bloke, hardworking and you can really tell he wants to make it work at Villa.

I admire that he hasnt walked away (but wish he would  :) ) and has the balls for a fight. But it's just not working.

I think I had ex-girlfriends who said almost the exact same thing before I was cut loose lol.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral
  • Like 3

Lambert has let himself down, but some of our players have let him (and us) down today.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Lambert needs to show that, whilst things are going terribly, there is some kind of plan - albeit a failing one.

The problem is, whilst the players undoubtedly need to harbour a lot of the responsibility, it can't be coincidence that it's the same gameplan every week. The same tactics when we fall behind. The same routines, formations and, ultimately, results.

• Like 3

It maybe too late now to change him with a chance to make some repairs, but that only means it should have been done a while ago IMO

I will concede that no one can be sure a change will be for the better, but we can equally be reasonably sure this is not going to get better any time soon either.

This is the crux of it isn't it. I personally think we are now way past the stage where the bigger risk is in keeping Lambert than getting rid of him.

We have tried changing many things in fairness. There has been a massive turn over in players. There have been a number of changes to the coaching staff. There have been changes in tactics. The result of all these changes has been zero improvement, continual struggle and some of the worst runs of results, breaking of unwanted records and poorest performances in the clubs history. Amongst all the changes there has been one glaring constant though and that is the manager.

I could almost cry when I hear Lambert say he is looking to bring in one or two more players tomorrow. Why? what is the point? we have a good squad of players as it is but a manager that doesn't have anything approaching a clue how to get the best out of them. It is as though he is deluded into thinking that one or two more players will finally make up for the blatantly obvious flaws in his tactics, organizational and motivational management skills.

Of course we have the double whammy of having an owner who is as clueless as the manager and although it is clearly wishful thinking I therefore hope Lambert does the honorable thing and walks. If he does I will thank him on two accounts. Firstly for putting a decent squad of players together and also for finally showing some spine and allowing someone else to have a crack at doing what he has continually shown he can't and that is to get the best out of the players at his disposal.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

How about being **** honest and not treating fans like a bunch of thick clearings in the woods with soundbites that say and mean **** all.

How about saying he recognises that the club and the team have been under performing?

How about acknowledging that the team is in ANOTHER relegation battle?

How about accepting that his leadership has not not been as good as should be?

No manager

in the world will admit to those things.

Rubbish!

Even Mourinho had some humility last week when he said he was embarrassed and ashamed by his teams defeat.

Acknowledging there is a problem is the first step to putting it right.

Not living with your head in the **** sand.

• Like 1

This run has been terrible, and I want Lambert gone.

That said, this forum has become very annoying with the constant on and on about Lambert needing to go in basically every thread.

He is not going anywhere. That is basically the end of the conversation.

Ha, hypocrite much? If you find it annoying then don't go in this section of the forum. You'll be much happier in Off Topic, I can attest to that,
On your first point, you should have a think about how language works and the use of introductory phrases.

To your second, I am allowed to voice displeasure about the direction of the forum. To take your own advice, if you do not like my displeasure, then do not read it.

No need to patronise, I know better than most how language works and your post was just worded a bit strangely is all.

Not exonerating Lambert at all, but the more I think about it, the more I blame the absolutely pathetic performance of Sanchez today. Think about it, he was our main midfielder today and he passed to Arsenal more than he did to any of our players!

I was waiting to see our starting line up before I decided if I waste a few hours watching Villa or go to the cinema during the game.

I then read the names Richardson and Cleverley.

The Theory of Everything is a fantastic film and Eddie Redmayne should walk the Oscars if there is any justice in the world.

Thanks Paul for making my mind up very easily.

Now get the **** out

• Like 4

Â