Paul Lambert

limpid

1.09 points per match is very poor in my book. It's only a smidgeon better than last season. Particularly when you think we have only seen 8 league goals at home all season.

People can talk about us being 10th, and that being fine, until they are blue in the face but it's not going to reconcile me to the dross we have seen in most matches so far this season. Hopefully Saturday's match marked the start of an improvement, so that I can revise my judgement to "very poor for the first part of the season. That's about as good as it can get now for me.

I recognise many others may have had their expectations bludgeoned into the ground by a run of truly dreadful seasons.

• Like 1

I think his one main error he's made is last summers transfer window. Besides that he's been pretty good and as I've said, he's the best for the job, but the lack of quality added last summer (the two most expensive signing being hurt hasn't helped) is what's hindered the progress this season.

Just so I understand you corectly Morpheus, you are saying we are worse this year than last year ? (i.e - the opposite of improved ?).

No you don't understand me correctly and concerning your other post at the top of the page I will remember it for future reference.

I think his one main error he's made is last summers transfer window. Besides that he's been pretty good and as I've said, he's the best for the job, but the lack of quality added last summer (the two most expensive signing being hurt hasn't helped) is what's hindered the progress this season.

Had Okore not done his cruciate, I think we'd be thinking a bit differently about his summer business,plus Kozak broke his leg. Whilst Kozak didn't exactly look like a world beater he got some important goals for us. 

As it stands though, Bacuna looks handy and Tonev might still come good. Helenius by his own admission is still learning his trade and is one for the future.

• Like 1

Out of 16 signings 4 have been of Premiership standard. Benteke, Vlaar, Guzan and Bacuna. Okore can't be judged yet. The rest have been poor although with a change in policy in going for more experienced players hopefully that ratio will now improve?

Positivity is fine, but it has to be supported with substance.....otherwise it just becomes "Blind faith"

You can produce all the stats, but watching that LIverpool game, had so many aspects of encouragement....things that many of us have moaned about not taking place, was in evidence. We know it is one game but some of us thought that our team was incapable of that......one game- yes, but make no mistake they have an impressive line -up and in their own back yard.If we cannot be proud of that performance, there's no hope for us.

Ps that game proved to me we are growing mentally, but also thought Bertrand added to that.

But it's not just one game. Lambert was the manager in our great run during the second half of last season. I put the inconsistency to certain injuries and a young team.

What i was trying to say is that i am commenting on one game.The problem sometimes is you comment on a particular game and all our yesterdays is thrown at you. i was remarking that,that game did have substance.

Edited by TRO

Out of 16 signings 4 have been of Premiership standard. Benteke, Vlaar, Guzan and Bacuna. Okore can't be judged yet. The rest have been poor 

In your opinion.

Opinion seems to equal fact around here these days

I guess the fact will come at the end of the season.

If we finish mid table then surely that would prove that the majority of our team/squad must be of Premier League quality, else we'd not be in that position, right?

Out of 16 signings 4 have been of Premiership standard. Benteke, Vlaar, Guzan and Bacuna. Okore can't be judged yet. The rest have been poor 

In your opinion.

I wouldn't include Bacuna in that list at all.

I would bring on Westwood though. Although he isn't good enough for a club with any aspirations, he can pass the ball decently. Too limited of course, but many of his kind in this league. But I agree with the rest though, not only are many of these players not Premier League-standard, I struggle to see how they would even cope with the Championship. It's even humorous to see players like Sylla and Tonev on the pitch, their tactical knowledge is just incredibly low.

Edited by Papillon

Â