Paul Lambert

limpid

Blaming Lerner or not, that doesn't excuse the fact that Lambert has wasted a lot of money on players who are not good enough

He's brought an entire squad (and more) for under £50m. Unfair to judge players who have not played an entire season in the Premier League.

KEA, Sylla, Tonev, Bowery, Bennett and Luna are a complete waste of money. 

Yes, he hasn't had a huge budget but what he has had, he has wasted on rubbish

He spent under £12.5m on KEA, Tonev, Sylla, Bowery, Bennett, and Luna.

I'd rather he spent 12.5m on two better players and utilised what was around him better

Lichaj was no worse than Bennett or Luna at left back, despite being his weaker side

Delfounso could have done what Bowery has done and is a better finisher

Sylla and KEA add nothing... Herd and Bannan would be just as effective there

Tonev is dire... he would have been better utilising Albrighton more (like he is now) and using Carruthers and Gardner.

• Like 4

No No NO!!!! He needs tactical nous, motivational skills and conviction to stay consistant with the style of play that works. Why does no one listen!!!! The team works, LIVERPOOL, WEST BROM, MAN CITY, SOUTHAMPTON! We have seen this team play football. Its tactical ability thats killing this team. We win away cant win at home, does this not tell you its down to the manager!!!!!!!! He has no idea when it comes to home form, only Lambert can change that, or does he need 100 million to win at Villa Park!

I'll say Liverpool was a good performance for 45 mins. West Brom was crazy but we didn't play well and conceded 3. Man City & Southampton were just plain luck for me. The team isn't good enough and that's down to the signings Lambert has made. He should've promoted youth and signed 3/4 players who actually improve our first XI.

Lichaj is crap. Sorry, but he was never good enough for the club.

He's better than Bennett has shown so far. 

And? Bennett hasn't started a game this season and isn't a first choice. Next point.

Highlights what a waste of money Bennett was though doesn't it?

If Lambert resigned from the Villa (please God please) he'd never work in the top flight again. No club other than a desperate one in the lower leagues would dream of appointing him based on his recent record.

But i'm cheered up thinking there's a possibility he might

Go on Paul, at least leave us with something to cheer about you useless word removed.

And? Bennett hasn't started a game this season and isn't a first choice. Next point.

Not really no, i'm sure he'd have played this season if he hadn't been out for most of it with injury. If you're going to pick faults with our leftbacks i find it weird you've chosen to single out Bennett not Luna. VERY WEIRD

Oh, and we all saw our third left back signing **** up spectacularly yesterday too.

If Lambert resigned from the Villa (please God please) he'd never work in the top flight again. No club other than a desperate one in the lower leagues would dream of appointing him based on his recent record.

Go on Paul, at least leave us with something to cheer about you useless word removed.

I do not agree. I think sacking Lambert would bite us on the arse.

Not really no, i'm sure he'd have played this season if he hadn't been out for most of it with injury. If you're going to pick faults with our leftbacks i find it weird you've chosen to single out Bennett not Luna. VERY WEIRD

Oh, and we all saw our third left back signing **** up spectacularly yesterday too.

Not VERY WEIRD at all. Luna isn't much better. Lambert obviously thinks the same as he's on to his third left back now

So you think £3m (or whatever we paid for him) on a poor player is not a waste of money?

I don't think he'll ever have a job as big as Villa if he leaves or is sacked

• Like 3

Don't really see many poster flip flopping between their opinion about the club, Lerner or Lambert.

It's just that after a win/loss the people holding the particular opinion supported by the result are more vocal.

Nothing strange about that and definetly not something unike to VT

• Like 3

Agree here, like when the football world was saying we hated McLeish because he came from Bloose. He has said he is desperate for another job though shockingly cant get one!!

Depends. People forget his Norwich team were above us in the league and his last game was a 2-0 nil win against us. It screams of Joe Mercer.
Edited by GENTLEMAN

I don't see sacking Lambert as a huge risk. We are on a downward spiral in anycase - with Benteke probably off in the summer.........what are the prospects for Lamberts villa next season? - 

Depends, do you mean sacking Lambert now or at the end of the season?

If Lerner is going to loosen the purse strings then I can see the logic behind it perhaps, but if the current financial restraints remain then I don't think sacking Lambert would help much.

Depends. People forget his Norwich team were above us in the league and his last game was a 2-0 nil win against us. It screams of Joe Mercer.

No disrespect, but it seems your the only one who still fully backs lambert!

Â