Paul Lambert

limpid

Not sure this has been said, but Colley on SSN quoted, Lambert was sacked over the phone by Fox. When Lambet asked for a one to one, Fox refused Lambert is furious over this. Maybe the reason Fox did'nt get a mention in his thankyou statement.

Harsh, but it did need someone to get Lambert back to earth, an I respect Fox for this. Was losing any faith in Fox already after the PR statement, though this has won me back, good move.

• Like 2

FWIW I despise Martin O'Neill with every faction of my being.

faction1

[fak-shuh n] 

• noun
a group or clique within a larger group, party, government,organization, or the like:
a faction in favor of big business.
party strife and intrigue; dissension:
an era of faction and treason.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, don't normally do this but did you really mean faction?

Not sure this has been said, but Colley on SSN quoted, Lambert was sacked over the phone by Fox. When Lambet asked for a one to one, Fox refused Lambert is furious over this. Maybe the reason Fox did'nt get a mention in his thankyou statement.

Harsh, but it did need someone to get Lambert back to earth, an I respect Fox for this. Was losing any faith in Fox already after the PR statement, though this has won me back, good move.

Why?

I mean i don't blame Fox for this, what was there to talk about. The deed was done. But what about that pleases you?

Why would that get your respect?

I understand a point made earlier that, if Lambert was used to dealing with the owner (and perhaps the CEO) by 'phone, it may not be as bad as would otherwise appear for him to be given the boot that way but I don't think it's great form (regardless of whether Lambert himself was or was not happy with it).

It does seem to be one extreme or the other with our club over the past few years, unfortunately.

• Like 1

If Fox only spoke to Lambert over phone then it just sounds like a small trifle to me nothing to get hung-up about. Paul is probably just feeling a bit emotional at the moment, once the dust settles. I'm sure him and Fox will be alright again, if they aren't already.

In fairness Lambert always mentioned how good the fans were and how big the club was/is in frequent post match interviews. Crikey we were patient beyond belief as most other clubs he'd have been hounded out of the ground for the Bradford result alone.

Didn't enjoy his reign apart from the run in of 2013 which was the only time I found his tenure exciting and interesting. I wish him well though.

Anyone think a part of the problem we have is many people don't realise how big a club it is until they start working for us. Houllier mentioned this and I think Lambert assumed he could run things like at Norwich before realising the proportion was just a little bit higher in scale.

It sounds like Fox has been in the US and the decision had to be made there and then. I'm sure that it was nothing personal, Lerner has always seemed to put emphasis on the club conducting things like this in the right manner.

Lambo did not get the backing in the form of cash from our custodian or from the team he picked in recent months. The end has been coming for some time now and it was the best move for both manager and club as we were in a slide and there seemed no way of him being able to halt it. I wish him well in "going again" somewhere else and hope his replacement can somehow keep us up. It is a pity the custodian's post cannot come under threat as the new boss will be unlikely to be backed with $'s either when he is charged to take the heat of him. Nice words from Lambo though on parting and respect for that and for taking a job that others did not when it was made clear what was expected of them.      

Sums up what a word-removed he was. Didn't even want to continue in the job but instead resigning like a normal person, he refused to leave unless he was sacked - thus securing his pay-off. The seeming lack of effort has been well and truly explained.

Â