Paul Lambert

limpid

I read that press release and fair play to the man .. of course his £xm pay off clause means he can't slag all and sundry off but he's kept his dignity and gone with his head held high , no matter how bad the results and performances have been

I also noticed Fox didn't get a mention , part of me wonders if Fox and Wijeratna aren't somebody else's appointments  so I'm waiting for a huge shock announcement for the new manager to confirm my hope that a new person will own the club the day after the season ends and is already putting wheels in motion  ( yeah I'm a dreamer)

LMA STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF PAUL LAMBERT

I am extremely proud to have managed Aston Villa, a founder member of the Football League, and this sentiment will always remain with me.

My initial remit was to conduct a massive overhaul of the playing squad, lower the overall wage structure of the playing staff and achieve this whilst keeping the club in the Barclays Premier League.

There was also a concerted effort to purchase and develop younger players who would provide a solid footing for the football club to move forward and enhance the value of the playing squad in the future.

When I came on board the club's owner, Randy Lerner, warned me that I was embarking on the toughest challenge of my working life and he was not wrong.

But I have never stepped away from hard work and I put my heart and soul into the job from my first day until my last.

There are many people throughout my time at Aston Villa to whom I owe a great debt of gratitude.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Randy Lerner for not only providing me with the opportunity to manage one of the most illustrious clubs in world football but also for the support and friendship he offered me throughout my time at the club.

I'd also like to place on record my appreciation to Paul Faulkner who conducted affairs at the club with unstinting integrity and constant dignity during his tenure as Chief Executive.

I leave behind some wonderful people at both Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park and express my gratitude for their dedication and loyalty. A special mention must also go to my coaching staff for their commitment.

To the players, my sincere thanks to each and every one of them. They are a fantastic group of players and I wish them every success for the rest of their playing careers. I hope to see many of them achieve great things in the game.

Finally, I pay tribute to the supporters who are among the most passionate I have ever encountered. They rightly hold huge expectations for their beloved football club and I sincerely hope they are rewarded with the success they deserve.

I completely understand their frustrations and always shared their view that the football club is too big not to be competing at the top end of the table. I hope that can happen.

You never stop learning in football management and I certainly believe the invaluable experience from my time as Villa manager will prove hugely beneficial in the next stage of my managerial career.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1skkf8q

Quality - much respect - genuinley brought a tear to my eye.

I think he got bogged down and became over cautiuous at villa - he can clearly spot a player though...

• Like 2

Top guy who took way too much of the blame on his shoulders. He always spoke well bout the club and always supported his players, if anything he was too nice and I believe him being left without an assistant has had a big impact on this season as the players need someone to kick their asses into gear and Lambert is possibly too much of a friend to alot of them to do that. Wish him well and am sad it came to this. :-(

I hope he gets a job where his hands aren't tied. Of course he's made mistakes that only he is accountable for, but I would like to see him get a fresh start.

Good luck for the future Paul, unfortunately this just hasn't worked out.

Paul's statement is a nice one to be fair, I like the guy and really wish it would have worked here. This is a massive club and I thank him for understanding this club and its history. He'll be disappointed that he's gone but fair play to him for taking on the challenge that Lerner told him would be the toughest challenge. Good luck Paul

I think Paul and a lot of fans are thinking "what could have been"..

If he'd have had the opportunity that MON had had, I fully believe we'd be in a much better situation, looking up, rather than down.

Shame, lovely statement, good luck in your future career Paul.  Just don't do too well against us if/when we play your teams ;)

• Like 1

Can't fault the man's passion, and I'd have loved it to have worked out. It hasn't so we both move on. I wish him all the success in the world, and although his tenure was unsuccessful, I think he got it. He understood the club and the job, he just didn't have the attributes to make it work.

• Like 1

great statement, gutted it didnt work for him here.

results wise... he failed.

in his remit to cut costs/wages and bring in players on a budget....he excelled, we may never really know how good a job he actually did behind the scenes as us fans only see the matchday side of being a manager.

we were in a financial mess before he joined, we seem a lot more stable now and i would like to think Paul Lambert played a massive part in that.

A refreshingly sincere statement by Paul. Now the dust has settled with Lambert I actually feel for the bloke. Something had to give and it wasn't working but I don't think the players should avoid all blame here. They could of put more in for a manager who never (and had several opportunities) turned on them. That said, I think he has left us with a squad to push on. I wish him the best in the future and thank him. Enjoy your pay off, I hear California is nice this time of the year.

• Like 1

Absolute Class.

In a weird way I'll miss him. I really, really wanted it to work.

Me too. I really liked the man. I think he did a sterling job for two years but it was time.

All the very best for the future Paul, perhaps we'll see you back here again in happier times.

• Like 1

Its interesting how a statement can change peoples perspective so quickly, he's always carried himself really well but ultimately that was not good enough. Hope that he can rebuild his career elsewhere but even if he does fly like he did at Norwich again this will still have been the right decision.

• Like 1

Â