Paul Lambert

limpid

There is no "little army".

Jesus Christ virtually every single person on here is saying they want him out. There are very few things that VT has had such a consensus on before - why the need to invent support for Lambert that simply isn't there?

So not everyone??

• Like 1

In order to put to bed this silly notion that there are Lambert 'supporters' who will defend anything he does regardless - I think he is perhaps too much of a soft touch with our players. He's a arm round the shoulder, defend them at all times sort of guy which is a good quality to have, but I think occasionally these players need a real bollocking. Keane was possibly too much the other way but sometimes they need to be told that certain things just aren't acceptable.

Jesus Christ virtually every single person on here is saying they want him out. There are very few things that VT has had such a consensus on before - why the need to invent support for Lambert that simply isn't there?

So not everyone??

Why would it matter if not everyone was?  Do you just want to have a go at someone? :D

• Like 4

It's of no consequence to actual events within the club whether people on here support Lambert or not. So I'm not sure why people seemed to get so riled up about it. I guess all that matters is what Fox and Lerner think, we had a good indication of what that is from Fox's interview in the week and I doubt those views have changed based on todays result.

• Like 2

So not everyone??

I say virtually because you're never going to get 100% agreement on anything but so far I have not seen a single person backing him after this. Not one person.

Yet there are some people that seem intent on inventing support for Lambert simply so that they can have a go at other fans.

It's of no consequence to actual events within the club whether people on here support Lambert or not. So I'm not sure why people seemed to get so riled up about it. I guess all that matters is what Fox and Lerner think, we had a good indication of what that is from Fox's interview in the week and I doubt those views have changed based on todays result.

Yes it's a shame that we have an owner and CEO that seem to not care about things like results and performances.

Yes there is. I'm not going to name names, but they know who they are. And so does everybody else.

Name names, please.

If all managers say in press conferences is BS and everybody knows its BS, why do they still do them?

Everybody can see whats wrong but Lambert acts like he didn't watch the games.

Honestly, I would love Paul to slate the team atm. What confidence is there to lose?

We need to protest against Lambert. By not turning up.

I agree in principle, but do you think it will make a difference? Attendances have dropped steadily his whole time here barring big games, the pressure from fans is growing, and the media are taking the piss with increasing regularity. TV money is the name of the game, and although I don't have the numbers to hand I'd be amazed if the money from the gates made any real dent in our total revenue. Lerner doesn't have the brains or the interest to make the call to sack him until relegation is a dead cert, and even then there's parachute payments to consider.

Its not about the money chap. 15k at the gate won't inpress the sponsers or the reputation of AVFC as a business.

Can't believe there is another owner in world football that would continue to back this manager given what has gone before.

They summed it up perfectly on Sky earlier - "It looks like the owners are simply happy picking up the Sky tv money, no intention to push on, no ambition".

While i agree with this, Lambert has a responsibility to set the team up right, play the right players (Richardson?), leaving Sanchez on for most of the gme while playing awful.

I highly doubt he's sacked after this match. No way they bring in a replacement for the Chelsea match, that's just asking to continue under this dark cloud. We'll likely get spanked by Chelsea and then see a change. 

• Like 1

Â