Paul Lambert

limpid

However i much i find it baffling does it really matter if someone still supports Lambert? If you want to take it out on someone who finds his record acceptable then its Lerner.

I think Lerner is very loyal to people, in general, and it's more that and a generally very conservative business approach than anything else that's keeping PL in a job. We can only hope he's beginning to see that nothing will change if nothing changes. The man's scared. The idea that he would deliberately ruin the club is utterly absurd. It's more a lack of understanding football.

Who has suggested hes doing it deliberately? Its not that its just he clearly hasn't got what it takes to run a sports team, if he wants to lose hundreds of millions by taking us down then that's his own problem, i wont be there to watch it though. I think he has this unwaivering belief that PL is the right man for the job despite there literally being no evidence to support that idea in nearly 3 years now.

He needs to develop a ruthless streak and admit that Lambert has been a mistake, he is going down as one of our worst managers ever already and that's not even a debate that's pretty much fact at this point. 

"Second half though, I couldn't think of a more one-sided game to be honest, and I know when Ashley Westwood had a shot, all the Villa fans were cheering [ironically] to be honest, so it was a great victory."

Even Theo Walcott is taking the piss

• Like 1

So what was Lambert's mumbling after the game today?

Has he done the press conference yet

At a guess ( I'd long since switched off)

Can't fault the effort today, we regroup and go again.

In short he actually said we were shit! Very refreshing from him.

So what was Lambert's mumbling after the game today?

Has he done the press conference yet

At a guess ( I'd long since switched off)

Can't fault the effort today, we regroup and go again.

In short he actually said we were shit! Very refreshing from him.

Even if this is the case it is far too late, he has been offering up excuses week by week and I do not trust him to get it right.

• Like 1

However i much i find it baffling does it really matter if someone still supports Lambert? If you want to take it out on someone who finds his record acceptable then its Lerner.

I think Lerner is very loyal to people, in general, and it's more that and a generally very conservative business approach than anything else that's keeping PL in a job. We can only hope he's beginning to see that nothing will change if nothing changes. The man's scared. The idea that he would deliberately ruin the club is utterly absurd. It's more a lack of understanding football.

Who has suggested hes doing it deliberately? Its not that its just he clearly hasn't got what it takes to run a sports team, if he wants to lose hundreds of millions by taking us down then that's his own problem, i wont be there to watch it though. I think he has this unwaivering belief that PL is the right man for the job despite there literally being no evidence to support that idea in nearly 3 years now.

He needs to develop a ruthless streak and admit that Lambert has been a mistake, he is going down as one of our worst managers ever already and that's not even a debate that's pretty much fact at this point. 

I think another factor is if he did sack him, it's a few more million he has to pay out.

I don't think Lerner will sack Lambert because he doesn't have the belief in himself to pick up the club when Lambert goes. His managerial appointments have been rubbish and although he would have advice around him, he ultimately has to make the final decision and I don't believe he has a clue or the knowledge to bring someone in that could work well with this team. I imagine he's just praying we scrape over the line again and just hope a buyer comes in.

I think the Tom Fox interviews are just pr stuff to keep fans' hopes up and have us feeling like there's something bright to hold on to and look forward to. I cannot see how there can be any long term strategy with such a poor manager. 

Plenty of managers have held their hands up and admitted they weren't good enough and stepped aside. The problem is neither Lerner of Lambert have any respect for the club and its fans, if they did Lambert wouldn't be here, whether that was by sacking or resignation. Pair of simpletons who have made us a complete laughing stock.

What the hell happened to Lambert?

Pressed on his team's open passing style Lambert becomes loquacious: "It's only good if you're winning, it's no good playing brilliant if you're getting beat. I like football to be played the right way but I'm pretty sure you won't be asking me about that if we've lost nine in a row. The philosophy will always be there to play as well as we can to try to win games. It's great to play fantastic football but fantastic football won't keep us in the league."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/aug/12/paul-lambert-norwich-city

I'm almost starting to hope we actually get relegated so Lambert might get fired, and we'd get rid of him.

Believe me, you really should not want that.

Yeah...all the championship teams would be just glamouring to beat us and take our scalp...we'd get massacred in championship.

• Like 1

I'm almost starting to hope we actually get relegated so Lambert might get fired, and we'd get rid of him.

Believe me, you really should not want that.

We might actually score a goal then though

If we get relegated we may never get up again

Lambert should have been sacked October/November. Instead he has been given a 4 year contract, so in all probability he will not be sacked now.

I suspect that it may be too late to sack him now anyway, and we just have to hope that we can avoid relegation again.  

I still think we will be alright and therefore he won't be sacked, as Lerner will only get rid of him if we go down. There is enough promise in Gil and Sinclair to help provide enough in the attacking third IMO, and the passing game will work in the end. Lets hope for a performance against Chelsea to take into some easier fixtures.

• Like 1

Â