Paul Lambert

limpid

It's his changes (or lack of) that frustrate me the most.  I think tactically it was a decent idea first half.  Arsenal got the early goal but we pressed well and didn't let them create much - not that we created much either.  At half time, he should've been able to see that we weren't breaking them down and something needed changing - coupled with the fact Sanchez was having a nightmare.

I often think I watch a different game to him.

I dont expect Lerner to have to guts to sack Lambert now but in private he must surely be coming to the conclusion that he simply has to go when the season ends? This is getting absolutely ridiculous now. How much backing can a manager get and continuously prove that its misplaced before its time to move on?

He won't be sacked. The stubbornness from the club and from Lambert will relegate us.

At this point the only people supporting Lambert are the standard few trolls that you get with every manager.

Like the one's that use to slate MON when we were 3rd.

wrong on so many fronts
  • Like 1

What more is there left to say? That's absolutely indefensible.

Yes, i'm blaming the players as well, but they're Lambert's players. He brought most of them in, and he's picking them. He's telling them how to play and if they aren't good enough to play that style, he's the one that is staying the course while the ship is sinking.

At this point the only people supporting Lambert are the standard few trolls that you get with every manager.

wrong on so many fronts

Are you genuinely not questioning him at this stage Richard? The team selections, tactics and lack of ability to change things in the game until it's too late surely can't be ignored at this stage. There have got to be major red flags for you at this stage?

• Like 2

wrong on so many fronts

Are you genuinely not questioning him at this stage Richard? The team selections, tactics and lack of ability to change things in the game until it's too late surely can't be ignored at this stage. There have got to be major red flags for you at this stage?

At the very least you can't still believe he's the best manager we've had in the last 30 years.

There's a few who would support Lambert if he now let delph go on a free to MK Dons, not worth even involving them anymore. Lambert days were numbered many games ago. Lerner has backed him, ok not with huge funds, but as we keep saying Lambert can pick a player. We have midtable team now, all day long. What we don't have, that is becoming fact is a manager that has any idea tactically and who has problems with motivation and organised a decent squad.

Playing a high line against probably the best counter attacking team in the league???? What the hell is he thinking. Even McLiesh would have set up a stronge defensive line.

We need to protest against Lambert. By not turning up.

I agree in principle, but do you think it will make a difference? Attendances have dropped steadily his whole time here barring big games, the pressure from fans is growing, and the media are taking the piss with increasing regularity. TV money is the name of the game, and although I don't have the numbers to hand I'd be amazed if the money from the gates made any real dent in our total revenue. Lerner doesn't have the brains or the interest to make the call to sack him until relegation is a dead cert, and even then there's parachute payments to consider.

Dude, this is what you said:

You wrote that putting things that happen on the pitch down to coaching is a false narrative - i.e. bullshit, as I believe you put it. I pointed out that Dr Fox disagrees with you.

Fox said absolutely nothing about coaching, so I have no idea what you're on about. You can't "point something out" if it isn't true.

Been away from the forum for a couple of days, but I wanted to make sure I addressed this.

Fox's original quote:

"I think football's a funny business and I think to put it all on the manager, again, that's a bit of a false narrative," he added.
"There's a lot of things happening at this football club, and clearly what happens on the pitch is a focal point.
"Clearly the manager is the one person who can really influence that, so everyone focuses on it."Our focus for the last couple of months has been on making sure we support Paul to make us as successful as possible, and I think we're heading in the right direction."

Now, how can the manager "really influence" what happens on the pitch? Through player instructions. With the way that he shapes formation and sets up the team. By being an inspirational leader when the players need one and by being a shoulder to cry on when they need that. By properly motivating the team to play well and by pulling them up when they are below par. And by coaching? Yes, I think so. So when Fox was talking about the fact that the manager can influence players he was inherently talking about coaching as being one of those ways because that's part of what the manager's job is. 

Now, you can be pedantic and say that you were originally talking about: 

Putting everything that happens on the pitch down to coaching is (how shall I put this?) a false narrative.

Â