Paul Lambert

limpid

You said that Lerner is content to finish fourth bottom. I'm still waiting for you to qualify this with any tangible evidence.

Of course I can't supply that. If you want that Victory ..have it.

Lerner has a lack enthusiasm for the club IMO, hence his decision to try and sell the club - the budget provided for Lambert this year is amongst the lowest in the PL - Will Lambert be content with such a budget year on year ? 

You said that Lerner is content to finish fourth bottom. I'm still waiting for you to qualify this with any tangible evidence.

Of course I can't supply that. If you want that Victory ..have it.

Lerner has a lack enthusiasm for the club IMO, hence his decision to try and sell the club - the budget provided for Lambert this year is amongst the lowest in the PL - Will Lambert be content with such a budget year on year ? 

He's doing a great job so far to be fair. The job is what he makes of it, really. 

• Like 1

Vlaar has missd one game. Okore hasn't featured enough to be considered a first teamer he, and the two forwards have been out for a considerable time, such that their absence is the norm at the moment rather than an injury crisis.

For all intents and purposes we've got a pretty much fully for squad with a borderline world class forward to come back.

Giving Lambert a new contract based on this start would be stupid. If things are still looking solid at Christmas then by all means sign him up. Let's just remember things can change quickly and not get carried away

So just a borderline world class striker and our leading central defender and captain missing then.

No big deal.

I'm not saying he deserves a new deal just yet, but your reasoning for that is borderline ridiculous.

Vlaar has missd one game. Okore hasn't featured enough to be considered a first teamer he, and the two forwards have been out for a considerable time, such that their absence is the norm at the moment rather than an injury crisis.

For all intents and purposes we've got a pretty much fully for squad with a borderline world class forward to come back.

Giving Lambert a new contract based on this start would be stupid. If things are still looking solid at Christmas then by all means sign him up. Let's just remember things can change quickly and not get carried away

So just a borderline world class striker and our leading central defender and captain missing then.

No big deal.

I'm not saying he deserves a new deal just yet, but your reasoning for that is borderline ridiculous.

It's hardly an injury crisis is it? Compared to some of the payer shortages we've had in the last two seasons

It's hardly an injury crisis is it?

Who said anything about an injury crisis? You were trying to say wait until we've got a "few injuries".

Our best defender is out injured.

Our best attacker is out injured.

As far as "a few injuries" go those are two major **** ones to deal with and we just won away against last year's 2nd place.

• Like 3

Took us 9 games to get 10 points last season. We have done it unbeaten and only letting 1 goal in, very impressed. As part of out progression i wanted us to be hard to beat and it's looking like we are. Credit to Lambert for bringing in experience, who at first i disappointed with. Long may it continue.

Curious to see a poll of who wants Lambert out still. I was prepared to give him this season but didnt expect this. 

It is early days but its not just the results. He has improved our defence immensely whilst spending very little. We look organised and we are scoring goals. Winning games without Benteke AND Vlaar against quality sides. Very positive so far.

Took us 9 games to get 10 points last season. We have done it unbeaten and only letting 1 goal in, very impressed. As part of out progression i wanted us to be hard to beat and it's looking like we are. Credit to Lambert for bringing in experience, who at first i disappointed with. Long may it continue.

no team has scored against us yet, this was an own goal .................. now is the time to judge lambert and as i've said in previous posts he needs our support for being a man, never ran us down and always gets on with his job. master class bringing in keano IMO..........UTV

• Like 1

im really happy for lambert and i hope this is the start of turning things around, im glad hes still at the club as he had a really difficult job infront of him and im hoping hes sailed through the worst of it. obviously there has been moments where i thought maybe it was time but we got through it, yes its only four games but i do believe we have turned a huge corner and we will crack on. UTV and up lambert and keane  :D

When criticism is dished out, it's usually based on negative events....

Despite what anyone thinks of Lambert, in terms of results, you have to give credit where it's due.

I didn't give us a prayer....tactically brilliant and the discipline of keeping shape was impressive.

It may have been a case of Lambert having too many balls in the air, prior to keane.

I think Roy Keane has been an important addition and it looks like a valuable influence.

Not sure I would want him as manager, because he is not rounded enough.....long may this continue, but it does look like Lambert and Keane could be a good fit.

Â