The Greatest TV Show of All Time

maqroll

Greatest TV Show Ever  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your #1 TV Show of All Time?

• The Wire
    • Breaking Bad
    • The Sopranos
    • Game of Thrones
    • Mad Men
    • Doctor Who (Contemporary)
    • Twin Peaks
    • Deadwood
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm
    • The Office (UK)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

It came down between Wire In The Blood, Cracker, Our Friends In The North, Columbo and Seinfeld and even after a little thought its Seinfeld. 

Great shout! I missed it the first time around, but watched it about 10 years ago, when they repeated it on BBC Four, and agree it was brilliant.

I have a thing approaching man love for Christopher Eccleston, I think he is excellent in that, as is the rest of the cast.

I have the exact opposite, he makes me turn off the TV in an instant. Can't explain it either, its totally irrational.

I have a thing approaching man love for Christopher Eccleston, I think he is excellent in that, as is the rest of the cast.

I have the exact opposite, he makes me turn off the TV in an instant. Can't explain it either, its totally irrational.

I can understand that, I have certain actors who I am that way about. Simon Pegg. 

• Like 1

The correct answer to the OP question is The Simpsons.

Maybe if it had stopped 15 years ago.

I know that's not an original opinion, but what you gonna do about it, huh!?

The earlier, great episodes with the terrible new episodes just mean the average episode is average. Science, that.

• Like 3

Absolutely.  The best episodes of The Simpsons are right up there with the finest television ever made.   Unfortunately they have churned out so much mediocrity since the glory days that your chances of chancing upon a classic episode on TV are incredibly low. 

• Like 2

Buffy.

There was TV before Buffy, then TV after it. Changed everything about the way episodic television worked.

Plus it was so unbelievably brilliantly well written.

Would also give a nod to Babylon 5 for its sheer ambition.

Buffy.

There was TV before Buffy, then TV after it. Changed everything about the way episodic television worked.

Plus it was so unbelievably brilliantly well written.

Would also give a nod to Babylon 5 for its sheer ambition.

Crikey. I was going to nominate Kenneth Clarke's "Civilisation" or Bronowski's "The Ascent of Man", but maybe I'm in the wrong thread.
  • Like 1

The sad thing about The Wire is that it will ultimately seem very dated, because it was so topical to the times on so many levels. The "realism" that made it so intense will be the very thing that sort of spoils it 15-20 years from now. Or maybe I'm just a cynical bastard.

Come to think of it, "Hamsterdam" was not realistic at all. A liberal wet dream maybe. 

Â