The Greatest TV Show of All Time

maqroll

Greatest TV Show Ever  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your #1 TV Show of All Time?

• The Wire
    • Breaking Bad
    • The Sopranos
    • Game of Thrones
    • Mad Men
    • Doctor Who (Contemporary)
    • Twin Peaks
    • Deadwood
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm
    • The Office (UK)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

For Deadwood fans the new film/2 hour TV show is on Sky Atlantic now all the old cast set 10 years later.  That is how you end a show take note GOT!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, snowychap said:

I can get how people may not like a programme but I just can't understand how it can be described as 'garbage'.

I've watched season 1 3 times now, half way through season 2 once, I cant watch it, not sure if I think its boring, don't particularly care for any of the characters (outright don't like a few of them) or the story or what but I find it hard to watch, does absolutely nothing for me

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AJ said:

Yep. That's what I thought. Another cop drama? A lot of people seem to like it and highly rate it, so there might be something special there. With the over saturation of cop dramas throughout the history of television, it would have to offer something really special to deserve this much love.

"Another" cop drama?

It is THE cop drama.

It is the pinnacle of television

11 hours ago, snowychap said:

I can get how people may not like a programme but I just can't understand how it can be described as 'garbage'.

It wasn't **** Crossroads.

article-1388452-0C2265FB00000578-751_233x423.jpg&f=1

Yeah that seems a bit OTT

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Season 4 is great but it's not better than season 1 and I'd argue season 2 is also better than 4.

I disagree, I think Season 4 is the pinnacle. The final episode of that season is the greatest 90 odd minutes of TV ever.

But, like you suggest, they're all great. 

Deciding which is the best is like deciding which season is a 9.9 and which is a 10.

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Well Chernobyl will certainly rank among the best mini-series of all time.

Fantastic.

Not watched Chernobyl yet but the reaction from everyone on here means it's on the to do list.

I was wondering about mini-series or one off/2 part dramas and the like and whether that counted as a 'show'

The two that I always rated highly and quite often revisit are "Threads" and "Edge of Darkness"

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

probably still pine barrens for me

He's talking about The Wire.

For me The Wire and Sopranos are neck and neck, until season 5 of The Wire. As a result, Sopranos is better IMO, Pine Barrens one of the very best episodes for sure.

I probably need to rewatch the sopranos again. Been about 10 years since I watched it.

I occasionally see the odd clip on YouTube, I forget how funny it could be.

From the aforementioned “Pine Barrens” episode (NSFW obviously) -

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"Another" cop drama?

It is THE cop drama.

It is the pinnacle of television

I am definitely going to have to give it a shot. VT recommendations have rarely been wrong for me, and so I am quietly confident I am in for a treat.

24 minutes ago, AJ said:

I am definitely going to have to give it a shot. VT recommendations have rarely been wrong for me, and so I am quietly confident I am in for a treat.

Just heed the usual warning for anyone watching The Wire.

You'll be underwhelmed for 3 or 4 episodes. Pretty much everyone who ever watches it says the same. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

probably still pine barrens for me

That's definitely up there.

I remember when I watched The Sopranos my mate, who had already seen it, told me there was an episode in there that will be the point where I realise how **** good a show it is.

As soon as I saw that episode I knew it was that one.

My gf watched it recently for the first time. She usually goes to bed a bit earlier than I do and watches something on TV. One night I heard her roaring with laughter. Went in and she said she was watching an amazing episode of The Sopranos. Yep, it was Pine Barrens

47 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's talking about The Wire.

For me The Wire and Sopranos are neck and neck, until season 5 of The Wire. As a result, Sopranos is better IMO, Pine Barrens one of the very best episodes for sure.

I think it was because I said End of season 4 was my favourite episode of TV ever. Not just the Wire. 

Again I'd disagree with you and rank The Wire higher, but again it's almost an irrelevant choice. They're both the two greatest shows of all time, imo, so which one is ever so slightly better than the other is ridiculously fine margins.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AJ said:

DTyc62R.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Well Chernobyl will certainly rank among the best mini-series of all time.

Fantastic.

Definitely.

I don't think a mini series can really be ranked alongside other full shows. But it's brilliant television.

• Like 1

Currently half way through season 4 of 6 of The Soprano's and really enjoying it, Pine Barrens been my favourite episode so far, can't wait to see how it all pans out (no spoilers please)!

Watched a couple of episodes of The Wire but didn't get into it, do I need to go back to that? Judging by comments on here, I think I do.

I would say my all time favourites are Breaking Bad, The Soprano's, Prison Break (first two seasons) & Sons of Anarchy - hard to call which one I like most though. 

I have the last season of GOT to still watch too, but heard the ending isn't great?!(Again, no spoilers) - Add to that Peaky Blinders & Handmaid's Tale are also ones I've enjoyed so far.

It's available to buy  on Amazon Prime but you can't stream it at no additional cost to your Prime subscription (or Netflix). It's a HBO produced show so they don't do other streaming services. 

• Thanks 1

Â