The Greatest TV Show of All Time

maqroll

Greatest TV Show Ever  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your #1 TV Show of All Time?

• The Wire
    • Breaking Bad
    • The Sopranos
    • Game of Thrones
    • Mad Men
    • Doctor Who (Contemporary)
    • Twin Peaks
    • Deadwood
    • Curb Your Enthusiasm
    • The Office (UK)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Seinfeld, so voted other.

Seinfeld is brilliant, but I prefer Curb. Possibly because they're allowed to swear in Curb, and I'm a foul mouthed word removed.

I got bought the CYE boxset and its still unwatched, it will get watched, absolutely it will but not just yet.

It's soooooo good. Larry David really is a comedy genius.

'Ello 'Ello. 

[/thread] 

Pffft, you like it that much you can't even spell it correctly :P

Eames was referring to that documentary about old fashioned cockney police men.

• 4 months later...

Always sunny for me too, but Eastbound and Down is up there

The first season of Eastbound and Down is as close to comedy perfection as I think I've ever seen. The drop in quality of the subsequent seasons was stark, though... they were patchy at best. Seemed like they started trying too hard to be shocking. Stevie became incredibly unfunny and annoying. 

The first season of Eastbound and Down is as close to comedy perfection as I think I've ever seen. The drop in quality of the subsequent seasons was stark, though... they were patchy at best. Seemed like they started trying too hard to be shocking. Stevie became incredibly unfunny and annoying. 

Interesting. I personally thought season two was funnier than the first. Season three was a bit disappointing, but it's still funny.

Interesting. I personally thought season two was funnier than the first. Season three was a bit disappointing, but it's still funny.

The differing opinions are indeed interesting! I can rewatch season one again and again and it's still hilarious. The bit where he jizzes his pants...  :D

I remember watching the first episode of season 2 with some mates and we didn't laugh once. It was actually pretty grim, which I think was probably the intention. The first episode of season 3 was great but that went down hill fast - the Ashley Schaeffer episodes were woeful (Will Ferrell is hilarious in the first season, though). And the final season was equally hit and miss. Mainly miss. 

Â